IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

Results are in from 103 packs

5 Legendaries (compared to the last expansion where I got 2 from 100 packs, this is amazing for me!)

Fandral Staghelm

Ragnaros Lightlord

Mukla, tyrant of the Vale

Yogg Saron

Twin Emperor Veklor

24 Epics

18 Golden

4.2k dust in the bank ready to craft, which will probably sit there for ages as I can never decide what to use it on!

1 hour ago, And said:

What!?!?

i opened 64 packs and got the boogeymonster as the only legend. 

Fucking hell

I opened 53 packs and got that Mage legendary.  I can see it having value in a specific type of deck, but I probably won't play it.  After seeing Uzis luck, feels bad man :(

It takes the piss a bit more seeing as I did the pre purchase thing for TGT too, and got a single legendary - also the Mage one......

well, I crafted n'zoth as it was the legend i wanted the most and was swimming in dust.

won 5 packs,

1st pack I open - n'zoth. Game is trolling me

I really want yogg but will wait until after i get the next 5... 

At least I didn't spend any cash. But that said when TGT came out i opened about 30 packs bought with gold and got like 2 legends, opened 10 or so bought with cash and got 3...

34 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

How do you guys have so many packs? Are you buying them or have you been saving up Gold?

saving up gold since the expansion was announced, or rumoured to be announced, 

I already had all commons and rares so packs normally are just 40 dust so i saved up. Got to 6100 odd just doing dailies

35 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

How do you guys have so many packs? Are you buying them or have you been saving up Gold?

Combo for me - I did the pre-order and had enough gold to buy 60+ packs on top of that.

I've opened a bunch this morning, still plenty more to come. Had Xaril and Deathwing so far, as well as two Call of the Wild (the new Hunter Epic that gives all three Animal Companions in one) and a few of the new 'Forbidden' epics where the effect depends on how much mana you have/spend. Oh, and a bunch of Am'gam Ragers, because of course I have.

At some point I'll really consider disenchanting some stuff too - I have so many legendaries that were subpar even when they were eligible for all modes that if I start DEing stuff that's been nerfed and/or I'll clearly never use (as I expect I'll focus on Standard anyway) then I should have/be able to craft most of the things I really want to use now pretty soon, to be fair.

Call of the wild is hilariously good, only got one, might craft a second. 

I also crafted a giant sandworm after playing a game where i stole one, and my opponent didn,t get rid of it. 

I killed his whole board with it, 4 minions including his worm then played a 14 cthun. he conceded.

25 minutes ago, And said:

Call of the wild is hilariously good, only got one, might craft a second. 

I also crafted a giant sandworm after playing a game where i stole one, and my opponent didn,t get rid of it. 

I killed his whole board with it, 4 minions including his worm then played a 14 cthun. he conceded.

Theres a decent amount of beast synergy at the moment it seems, and I'm wondering if there's enough to make Beastial Wrath worth trying, especially with the Sandworm potentially combing it as a board clear plus face damage.  Even without the Sandworm, I'm thinking it could be a decent play just to allow you to clear minions and keep ones you'd otherwise has to trade.

Im guessing not, as specifically the Sandworm is too slow to really set up clears that you'd actually need to play BW for unless the opponent is stupid, and no one plays BW now, and it's hardly like beasts were rare in hunter decks before.  Still might try it though.

I just got N'Zoth and then a golden Volazj as the first two cards in the same pack. :blink::lol:

It went downhill a bit from there, shockingly enough, though Hooded Acolyte, Flamewreathed Faceless and Twilight Elder all seem decent at least, so I can't complain. :P

I've been saving gold and dust since the last expansion came out so had about 5,000 gold to spend. Bought 40 packs last night, plus the first 5 challenge freebies and got 5 legendaries amongst that. Unfortunately 3 of those were the new Mukla. :( 

With my dust I crafted Yogg - still deciding what to do with the rest. With all the dupes from the 40 packs, a couple of golden nerfs dusted and what I had saved up, I've got enough to craft another 3-4 legendaries. 

Min terms of actual play, I got a 16/16 C'thun out and immediately won one game, and managed to get a well stacked Yogg out for about 15 random spells. It was hilarious, but not exactly wildly successful. Milled myself horribly, destroyed my own board, but fortunately did enough damage to face in the process to be able to finish off on the following turn. In short - much fun!

I've been opening packs on my phone throughout the day, and have ended up with C'Thun (obviously), N'Zoth, Deathwing, Yogg Saron, Herald Volasz (Priest) and Xaril (Rogue). Got a lot of Epics too (including 4 each of Sandworm and Call of the Wild), and already have about 6800 dust without having dusted any nerfed or Wild-only cards as yet, so I should be able to make some stuff over the next few days and weeks as I work out what decks and classes I start to gravitate to.

There are still a few legendaries I like the look of, but I think I'll wait and see what comes from the next 10 packs before I craft Y'Shaarj (so I have all the gods) and Emperor Veklar. Also like the look of the Shaman, Paladin, Hunter and maybe Druid legendaries, but will see what kind of decks they'll fit into before I start throwing any dust around.

He is a reward card. Reward cards are wild only. 

21 minutes ago, And said:

that legend taunt that duplicates himself if you have a 10/10 cthunt could become annnoying

I just used him in a priest cthun mirror on turn 10 with brann bronzebeard - three 4/6 taunts - the value! 

oooooohh. nice, i may craft him. Having mixed results with priest so far 

so many crazy decks out there, i really need to get some work done but teh temptation for just one more go...

3 hours ago, NEG said:

Old Murk-Eye seems to be banned, wasn't he Basic set?

Yes, I'm annoyed about this too. He was a Reward card, but he is certainly not part of an "old" set like Naxx or GvG. Still, there are plenty of fun new Murlocs for my Pally deck to play with :hat:

2 hours ago, Harsin said:

Whispers of the Old Cancer Shamans

Thst 4 mana 7/7. Fuck me.

It's broken isn't it? Turn 3 with the coin in one game. he ate my board with it while  drew crap then evolved his side into all new full health minions, concede.

might have to build one of those decks, anyone got a good list? 

Pre-order packs + the quest packs, I got 4 legendaries which doesn't seem bad.

Unfortunately none of them are the ones I really wanted. Got 5000 dust burning a hole in my pocket. Soooo tempted to craft Twin Emperor and Yogg-Saron. But my brain is telling me to wait at least a week (Varian Wynn anyone).

So the meta today has basically been decks with Old Gods (generally C'thun) who are incredibly strong if they get to play their Old God. That means your choice is to run an Old God deck yourself and race to draw your big card first or play a deck that can kill your opponent before they hit turn 10. Having played a few C'thun matches I've decided the deck archetype is pretty boring to play so I've decided to go for the latter strategy. I've also noticed that Old Gods decks are generally built for value rather than tempo and they regularly miss their curve on the early turns. A lot of times today I have seen people have to hero power on at least one turn of turns 2-4 which is a huge deal if you are playing an aggressive deck.

Here are a couple of decks I've tried that have worked out pretty well so far.

This is a standard Zoolock deck that I knocked up in 5 minutes and is 5-2 so far:

Qw6GIk7.png

It's pretty standard in terms of what Zoo does. Play as many minions as possible on curve, control the board and chip away at your opponent until they die. There are some really fun synergies with this deck. Knife Juggler/Forbidden Ritual late game is like implosion on steroids. Almost everything goes well with darkshire councilman and you can get him really big, really quick if your opponent isn't careful. He is a card that poses massive threat and people haven't yet cottoned on to the fact that he needs to die as soon as he's played. I also really like Possessed Villager, it's just a better argent squire and argent squire is already pretty great.

I killed a C'Thun priest on turn 5 with this deck so if you are looking to be the beatdown then I would recommend trying this out.

Oh and I've just noticed that it has Brann instead of Gormok, who I just crafted and works way better in the deck, so put him in if you have him.

The other deck is an aggro Murloc Paladin that RJ turned me on to which I am currently on a 6-0 streak with.

IUa7ZGX.png

I was always a fan of aggro paladin and this deck is basically it's spiritual successor. It's ridiculously good fun as well. Some of the synergies are hilarious and you get to drop so many minions so early that everyone I've faced with it so far has spent the rest of the game trying to catch up and failing. It's ridiculously good at trading up and if you get combos going on with warleader or steward of darkshire things just get ridiculous. It's brutally oppressive. It doesn't have any card draw though, so a couple of times I've found myself wishing that I had Divine Favour but still managed to eek out the win anyway. I'm considering dropping a frostwolf warlord for one and see what it's like.

Thank you TGV - C'thun decks are fun - I built mine in five mins upon opening my cards and they are pretty weak to being overwhelming or not drawing C'thun when I need him. I want to get to rank 5 if possible by end of season so gonna push with that zoo deck