IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

1 hour ago, And said:

Im keeping mine in case I want to play wild in the future. Are brawls wild? 

I dusted all all the epics that got nerfed because of the dust but that's it. 

Thought about that, and I'm bad at making snap decisions, so I might wait a few days and see how I feel. I don't like the brawls that require you to build a deck, I prefer the fun of the prebuilt ones.

My problem is that I horde way too much.  I dont dust cards that I never use, just in case, and I rarely craft cards, just in case I get them through packs, or unless I know I'll use them a lot.  I only dusted the nerfed cards because I know I'm not going to lose out.

I thought I'd try Murloc Paladin as well, as I'd heard some of the streamers have been using it and it can be a bit silly, and I'd just opened a second Vilefin Inquisitor, and was curious to see how the obvious synergy between that and Murloc Knight played out.  Here's what I've tried - it's pretty much all the murlocs you can ram in with a few exceptions, with some stuff to help remove anything nasty.

MCP.jpg

Coldlight Oracle and Divine Favour are pretty essential, as you can dump your hand super quick, but you need to keep up the ability to play your murlocs.  Steward is in there due to the number of 1 health minions, and while it's worth noting you wont get the benefit if you have a Warleader out - the health increase goes on first, then the divine shield, or at least it was for me.  I dont know if there's some rules to the order of application similar to deathrattles working in the order played that I'm not aware of.  Even so, if you dont have a warleader out, it helps a tonne to make some of your other more fragile murlocs stay on the board.  Anyfin was included not for the potential combo, but merely as a way of regaining board presence if you start running out of steam later on - I've never gotten to that point though so may get rid.

I've been having a surprising amount of success with it, having not lost so far.  I'm sure there are better versions of it out there, but I've not really hit any moments where I thought the cards I'd got werent working for me, or where I wished I had something else in, with the exception of Anyfin.

Just had one of those matches which on their own make up for all the other bad times I have in this game.

First round in Arena, I'm Warlock vs a Paladin.

Turn 1 I coin out Renounce Darkness, it makes me a Rogue.

Turn 2 I play Ambush.

First Nerubian pops on my opponent's Turn 3.

On his Turn 5 the second Nerubian pops, and he concedes.

I played against a crazy Brann/Shadowcaster Rogue the other night. Shadowcaster is the minion that puts a 1/1 copy of a friendly minion in your hand and costs it at 1 mana.

Once they got a Brann out with Shadowcaster and started Shadowstepping, things got out of hand quickly. There were multiple Branns and Shadowcasters flying around and Earthen Ring Farseers doing crazy heals... luckily he hadn't really made the most of it and my Renounce The Darkness C'thun deck won out. But I think they were on to something...

If you Shadowstep a Shadowcaster on turn 5, then turn 6 you can Brann + Shadowcaster and get two 1/1 Branns in your hand that'll cost 1 mana each to play. There must be some crazy Battlecry stuff you can do with multiple Branns. edit: actually no it's "your battlecries trigger twice". Darn. Still a handfull of 1/1 Branns is great. 

Also,  the Renounce C'thun deck I put together is a lot of fun to play! Most of the deck is low cost Warlock card-draw/removal which gets replaced by cards from whatever class you become, the rest of your deck is C'thun and buffs. All the new class cards you get are at -1 cost, which can be really OP. You coin for Renounce the Darkness and Renounce as soon as you can.

40 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I crafted a Yogg-Saron for lols.

Even if you lose it can be hilarious and takes the sting out of the loss.

I want a Yogg for my Randuin deck, which has tonnes of spells to work off of it.  It's already hilarious fun at times, I can only imagine what adding Yogg would do, even if I imagine half the time he's just going to pyro my own face off.

Also, Shifter Zerus has been working so well in that deck I'm tempted to add him to more decks.  You think the randomness would make him useless, but I've never drawn him and not had him become something really good at one point.  In control style decks where you can get away with holding on to cards, he might be a decent addition.

Loving this Brawl. Innervate + Loatheb. I've yet to make it past turn 3 without the other guy conceding.

edit: Finally lost one against a Mechwarper + Metaltooth Leaper combo that got out of hand fast. Gonna be a fun few days!

Excellent brawl! Some favourite combos so far:

Mechwarper + Gorillabot 

Target dummy + Bolster

Soulfire + Fist of Jarraxus

SecretKeeper + Eye for an Eye

Ice block + Fireball

Too many people playing Innervate + Coldlight Oracle - it was funny the first time, but increasingly less so. 

I've been playing rogue as well just to try and level it up (rogue and Druid are my least used followed by paladin), found that sensei was good but gorilla bot better as it was more flexible and gives you more cards 

Anyone got any good ones?

I could never get my alarmbot ragnaros combo to work. 

I've been trying to switch it up each time I lose with a new combination to take advantage of this situation, but again, when in need of a cathartic anti-troll release this is pretty much the Innervate + Loatheb Brawl. Stops everything but mech synergy.

Huh. Innervate Alexandria. It's at times like this that I wish there was a real time chat. I don't want to add the dude as a friend as that's too much credit, but s/he probably deserved a moment of "well done" beyond the emotes.

3 hours ago, MrMorgasaurus said:

I've just moved to the android version of this after changing phones and its almost twice the size of the iOS equivalent running up about 2.6Gb! Less than impressed with that. Its a card game FFS.

Yep. I don't think my current phone could cope if they release another expansion.

Has to be said, while I'm finding the new rules have done a great job of refreshing the game in terms of the decks I've been playing, I kind of hate coming up against yet another C'thun deck.  Not because I cant beat them or anything, just because it's starting to get boring playing against them.