IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

Up to Rank 15 now this season with a bastardised Aggro Shaman deck. I always seem to lose 3-4 games in a row, then win 3-4. It's too much to handle sometimes. Any tips welcome :)

Lidl Shaman Aggro

2 x Lighting Bolt

2 x Rockbiter Weapon

1 x Abusive Sergeant

1 x Sir Finlay

2 x Tunnel Trogg

1 x Ancestral Knowledge

2 x Lava Shock

1 x Eternal Sentinel

2 x Flametongue Totem

2 x Totem Golem

2 x Feral Spirit

1 x Hex

2 x Lava Burst

2 x Lightning Storm

1 x Argent Horserider

1 x Tuskarr Totemic

1 x Flamewreathed Faceless

1 x Doomhammer

1 x Bloodlust

1 x Thunder Bluff Valiant

1 x Thing From Below

I'm struggling to break into 13, I get a good run, hit a winning streak at 14 and 3 stars then loose a few.

Been using an N'zoth rogue deck, great fun, and I never play rogue. Before this expansion I had 16 wins in ranked!. Played a game yesterday against an N'zoth priest and managed to get a shifting shade, which in turn gave me another N'zoth. By the end of the game I had 4 N'zoth, as he never drew his and shifting shades were feeling generous!

I've actually been trying a Control Shaman with Hallazeal, N'Zoth and Yogg. Hilarious, and obviously not bad, as I've played plenty of it (amongst others - I rarely stick on one deck for a whole session) and am currently up around Rank 8. Also enjoying Midrange/Deathrattle Hunters (Call of the Wild is definitely one of the best cards in the WotG set), N'Zoth Priest and Deathrattle Healadin.

As the above list suggests, I really like N'Zoth. I also may love Yogg, but I don't trust the fucker. In fact, just yesterday I had just Yogg in my hand, a board with just two (damaged) enemy minions, and both my opponent and me on 2-3 hp. With nothing to lose I play him, and his first spell was a Hammer of Wrath that hit me right in the face.

In fairness though, the fact he only plays secrets and board clear spells (theoretically) in your favour means his effect is still more likely to be good than bad, and is often hilarious. He's saved or won me games far more times than he's cost me them, and sometimes I'll happily just play him to see what happens (and I have Mage, Hunter and Druid decks that are 90% spells for just that reason) but I still don't trust him!

Oh, and I'm having much more fun now I am dotting between classes again. I'd been grinding Druid to 500 (successfully) last week, which was a bit of a bore, but that's really felt like it freed me up. Still Shaman (around 415), Warrior (330) and Rogue (175) to do, but I'm largely enjoying all of them at the moment, so it wouldn't feel like a chore even if I was focussing on them, and at the moment I'm not anyway.

Surprised we're not seeing more OTK warriors on the ladder at the moment.  I've seen a few, as well as a few being used by or against streamers.  It seems pretty powerful - you play a deck with a tonne of draw, the combo needs 4 cards and either a coin, or Emperor reducing the cost of one of them, and it does 32 damage from out of no where.  In case you hadnt seen it, the combo is Raging Worgen + Inner Rage + Charge, which gives you an 8/2 with windfury, which you then Faceless Manipulator, for 4x8 damage hits.  I've also seen a version that essentially adapts the Patron decks (which I believe are still pretty strong?) and adds the combo pieces for the OTK.

I've seen a few streamers using it with a decent amount of success at legend rank, I havent tried it myself but it seems fairly easy to pull the combo off, and unless your opponent has a decent amount of taunts to block the worgens at the right time (and obviously there is removal for that anyway) or the deck doesnt draw the Emperor, it seems like one of those things that Blizzard generally doesnt like being in the game.

Ok, so I just tried the OTK warrior deck aaaaand.....it seems pretty powerful and pretty easy to play.  Except for one thing that I'll mention in a min.

From memory of what I saw, the deck is fairly basic - I'm not sure if there are more "optimal" lists, this is just what I went with from remembering seeing some of the games.

2 x inner rage

2 x fiery war axe

2x acolyte of pain

2x charge

2x raging worgen

2x loot hoarder

2x gnomish engineer

1x brawl

1x Emperor Thaurissan

2x slam

2x execute

2x amoursmith

2x whirlwind

2x faceless manipulator

2x battle rage

2x shield block

The first game I had I went into wild rather than standard to not lose my rating there in case I did badly with it, and came up against a kind of tempo mage....albeit one that ran Flame Leviathan which completely backfired for him when I played Mana Wrym turn 1, I slammed it, and he then drew his FL which handily killed it for me.  Other than that it did well enough - I had enough removal for his stuff, but so did he for mine.  I get Emp down to discount a combo piece, and just wait for the last card I need - in this case, Faceless.  Then I think...did I put faceless in?  Somehow, in trying to remember what I'd seen some of the streamers play without actually looking at the list, I'd completely left out one of THE combo pieces!  Instead I'd stupidly made up those spots with cruel taskmasters, which meant I couldnt OTK him, and had to hope I could pull off 2 seperate worgen plays.  Which I nearly did, except stupidly didnt play around his secrets after he played a healbot, which he got duplicated.  Despite that, I still nearly killed him (and would have if I'd either remembered to include a faceless or had played around his secret) and still had a tonne of armour before I literally had played everything and was in fatigue while he still had I think 12+ cards to draw thanks to the draw power you have in this deck.

Other than that, it won most the matches I played pretty easily.

Glad to hear it's not just me having issues with the iOS game.

My input to the thread: I'm basically a noob, having only started really in this season. I'm up to Level 19 with a randomly pulled together Mage deck. Talking to another guy I know plays it, he advised to have a look at other top guys decks and try to copy some of their tactics, disenchant some cards I won't use and craft some new ones. I went off and did that, told him I'd disenchated about a half dozen and had over 2000 dust. He went mad! Saying, "What cards did you disenchant?!" I couldn't remember, only knew they were golden ones for other classes. He said they were probably legendary and I really shouldn't have done that.

Have I made a mistake? :D

42 minutes ago, *chin* said:

Glad to hear it's not just me having issues with the iOS game.

My input to the thread: I'm basically a noob, having only started really in this season. I'm up to Level 19 with a randomly pulled together Mage deck. Talking to another guy I know plays it, he advised to have a look at other top guys decks and try to copy some of their tactics, disenchant some cards I won't use and craft some new ones. I went off and did that, told him I'd disenchated about a half dozen and had over 2000 dust. He went mad! Saying, "What cards did you disenchant?!" I couldn't remember, only knew they were golden ones for other classes. He said they were probably legendary and I really shouldn't have done that.

Have I made a mistake? :D

I wouldn't worry about it. Play enough and you'll get cards back. Just be careful what you dust! I only tend to dust goldens or extra cards.

hearthpwn is good for having a look at building some decks too. Look for the ones with a cheap cost and they will be full of cards you may have or can easily craft

I try and complete the daily quests and win one Tavern Brawl per week to build up cards. I've not spent any real money (bar the Mage for Apps for Earth charity character) as I find the game is very generous with gold and freebies, especially recently with the 13 free WotOG packs. 

2000 dust, though... You must have disenchanted a lot! Make sure you only use the Mass Disenchant button for a while as it automatically dusts your duplicate cards. 

I don't have an issue with the iPad version (iPad 4 retina, stealth upgrade edition), just the latest couple of iPhone builds. I get the flashing connection error and then the app just crashes to springboard. Annoyingly, it will only reconnect on my second restart of the app meaning I lose a lot of turns and subsequently a lot of games. I'm fed up seeing the "You lost your last game due to a disconnect" message when it has clearly not been my fault, just their flaky net code fucking me over. 

Yeah, it can be. I managed rank 6 (with a high of 5, which was the aim), and am at 17 to start the season. You don't really know what you'll get at high ranks early on, because of the mix of players, and because the meta hasn't settled. I think that's why a lot of people switch to fast/aggro decks early on, as the climb can be accelerated further because you'll kick the crap out of a lot of people trying new stuff or still playing the greedy Control decks they were playing higher up the ladder at the end of last season.

This is why you tend to find a lot that the season's first legendary players have got there in two days by using Face Hunters, etc.

Those Hunter Yogg decks actually really work - I've been playing that a bit too. Animal Companion, Lock 'n' Load and Call of the Wild make it pretty unique, as it's a deck with about 28 spells that still actually has decent board presence (as well as clears), and can also snowball pretty hard, pretty fast.

Shaman and Warlock are both good shouts at the moment, both very strong. If you have a Doomhammer or two Shaman especially is pretty a much a sure thing at the moment.

I'm 6 out of 9 gold now. Need about 65-70 Shaman wins, 170 Warrior, and (gulp) 300+ Rogue. I'm thinking I can do all that eventually though, and I'm enjoying all three at present, so now I'm just playing what I want and leaning on those a little more when I'm at a loss, just to try and slowly get those totals up.

Totem/Midrange Shaman and Tempo Warrior I'm doing pretty well with, I just wish the Miracle Rogue decks I have (in both regular and N'Zoth flavours) were a bit more consistent. Might switch back to the Control Rogue I had at some point, though that wasn't much different in that sense (just potentially funnier).

I've got a few minions in my yog deck. And a bow for the secrets.

It's emperor t, yog, nexus champ, and one each of summoning stone and kings elek. 

So only 24 spells. But it's great fun and surprisingly good. 

Yog is helpful 3/4 times - sometimes he does punch you in the nuts a bit. 

Ive 2200 odd dust at the moment so thinking of crafting that impaler guy for zoolock

43 minutes ago, revlob said:

What's the deal with Yogg Saron? Literally every time I've had it played against me, it's resulted in my opponent nuking/fatiguing themselves.

He is wildly inconsistent but sometimes wins the match from out of nowhere. 

Either wipes the board or draws you a full hand or buffs your minions, or casts a load of secrets. Or a mix of the 3. 

But sometimes he wipes your board and pyroblasts you in the face

I think a far more interesting but perhaps more technically difficult brawl to implement would have been to allow players to construct their decks from two classes. Sure, it'd lead to some absolutely broken combos, but that's pretty much what we've come to expect from Brawl now and then.