IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

Long time no post...

I wanted to share with someone the fuzzy warm glow I'm feeling at going five wins zero losses against pirate warrior and the same result against brood hunter. Games beyond turn 5 are back again!

I am getting utterly wrecked against cavern rogue though...

Uzi, for taunt warrior I could see whirlwinds, ghouls, sleep with fishes and all the early taunts (creeper, brave, armoursmith) being pretty handy there?

I'm playing a slower elemental shaman and malestrom, tar creeper and hot spring guardian are MVPs in that matchup which are similar use cards.

3 minutes ago, The Grand Pursuivant said:

That is ridiculous, but you might have won if you had shieldslammed the Tundra Rhino the turn after he played it. You had the mana to do it, and the next turn he got in like 10 damage that he wouldn't have otherwise, meaning you might have been able to sneak him down.

Yeah I made a mistake there (why I hovered over the ghoul) - was thinking about it but took the greedy/stupid play

@The Grand Pursuivant

I like the sound of that but would also need to craft finja. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  I have analysis paralysis. 

I'm on the rank 15 cap so all day yesterday sat with a taunt, whirlwind, ghoul and removal heavy warrior deck and ate pirate warriors all day long. 

Thou shall not pass. 

Though it totally sucked against literally every other deck ever. 

51 minutes ago, The Grand Pursuivant said:

I've been playing quest murloc Shaman and I'm currently 6-0. It's a lot of fun, with Gentle Megasaur and Finja being the stars of the deck. The two new neutral murlocs are great too, the cheaper Shattered Sun Cleric and a discover for more Finjas. Then Megafin for even more Finjas. It's great.

Yeah, I'm just using the recipe one from Blizzard, need to play about with it a bit though and do some swaps to make it 'my' deck. But 5-0 I think so far. The Discover can be brilliant and Megafin is great. It's nice to be able to be competitive again, will be nice to see how far I can get with it.

Apparently the rogue quest, which many thought would be terrible (myself included), is actually good to the point people on some other forums like hearthpwn are claiming it's the new cancer of the game.  Pro streamer Dog reached rank 1 legend with it, and people are apparently seeing it a fair bit at higher ranks.  Seems like activating it can be pretty quick unless you're unlucky, and you can prep it to get it out or play stuff with it even quicker, plus you have some very cheap charge minions for when it's activated and Moroes/Teachers for token for more value.

I don't have the quest but I've been doing ok with a beast heavy, mid range hunter with Dinomancy.  Which I was worried may be too slow, but it's been ok, even beating a murloc quest shaman.  Too early to say if it's really that viable, but seems like it may be decent.

47 packs so far, 3 legendaries (i know, i got lucky). Got the Rogue quest which is great fun. And the Druid quest which doesn't seem as good as i thought it would be at first. If you live long enough to play 5 5+ attack minions you've probably won against most decks anyway. Or you've run out of cards (rip azure drake) and playing 0 mana minions doesn't mean very much.

Still, it's great fun tinkering like this in the first few days. As long as you got lucky with packs though, i guess.

So I've played about 15 games with this Shaman deck today and it's a bit feast or famine, but when it works it really works, and it works more often than not. If you happen to pick up the Shaman quest then I would recommend trying it out. I played it against Uzi and his quest Warrior just now and I'm sure he will attest, it got a little bit ridiculous. At the end of the game I had two Finjas, two Warleaders and a bunch of other murlocs out that I adapted with Megasaur to get Divine Shield. It was sickening.

Where's NEG at? I thought he'd be all over this card.

Mrglgrlgrlrlglrgr

I'm playing elemental handbuff paladin and it's working OK, eats quest rogues for breakfast. Lost against quest warrior as he Ragnarosed me in the chops when I had 4 minions out. Does OK against shaman, turns into a race. Meta still seems very aggro.

6 hours ago, Sirloin said:

I'm playing elemental handbuff paladin and it's working OK, eats quest rogues for breakfast. Lost against quest warrior as he Ragnarosed me in the chops when I had 4 minions out. Does OK against shaman, turns into a race. Meta still seems very aggro.

I have to revise my previous statement, as if you don't draw perfectly, you are just fucked against quest rogue. Very hard to counter if they draw even particularly well.

14 hours ago, Uzi said:

It was pretty nuts.

I've seen one priest all day long and he conceded on turn three. Poor priest.

I saw Trumps's card review not too long ago, and he was rating the cards on how often they'd be seen in competitive decks in the current meta (5 stars being "this card will be in lots of top tier decks" to 1 star being "this card wont appear in any decks that will do well").  He literally rated every priest card as 1 star, saying he thought priest was in a terrible state and he couldnt see any decks being viable at the moment, therefore none of the cards are relevant in the current meta and 1 star worthy.  Note, that doesnt mean he thinks they're all terrible, just not strong enough to make a viable deck.

But then, Trump also gave the rogue quest 1 star and the mage quest 2 stars and they're seeing loads of play at the moment.

33 minutes ago, Uzi said:

This Rogue quest is fucking bonkers. I love it. Just look at this madness - BOAR MVP

Always nice to see pirate warrior lose.  I dont think there's been a deck that I've had such an irrational dislike for the people who play it in ages.

Kripp has just done a video which pretty much nails something that has been bugging me since launch.  It feels like this expansion is by far the worst for the amount of money that you need to spend to play, and while there are a lot of deck types that seem viable, they almost all have either legendaries or epic cards that are core to the deck and that often you can't easily use other cards to replace them.  It doesn't help that a lot of the powerful decks at the moment seem to be quest decks so you at the very least need to have one legendary.  But even then, even after opening 50 packs, you can still be missing a lot of epics and a decent number of rares.  And some classes you look at, and if you're not playing the quest deck for it, what deck can you build for it?  Some, like deathrattle priest may work because they got a lot of support, but the rogue deck without the quest just doesn't work (and miracle rogue is loads worse).

They should really have done something to make the quests more accessible.  Maybe done something like they did with C'thun where you get a guaranteed quest in your first pack (maybe make it discovered so you at least get a better chance at the one you want).  Maybe make one a reward from a tavern brawl, or even a solo adventure (I'm sure they said expansions were going to have some cut down adventure elements to make up for them not being their own thing now).  It's a cool mechanic and I think this expansion has introduced some cool stuff.  It just feels like the barrier for entry has gone waaaaaay up.