IGNORED

Gotham

MDY

Yeah, that would be a rational explanation. All in all though that would still make Jerome The Joker @ Hexx

I did wonder if it could be a clone from the time Jerome spent in Indian Hill.@Johnc.  

In the photos I've seen Jerome/Joker doesn't appear to have those massive scars on his face.

That's a shame. I hope it doesn't get cancelled. I think its a good show.  Apparently after viewing figures dropped during S2 C5 bought the rights to S3 but didn't bother airing it ( I think) 

I think viewing figures have gone into decline in general. 

S3 and S4 have been very strong in my opinion.  

I think the show is strongest when it focuses on the central villains ie Penguin, Riddler, Jerome , Selina etc.  I think there's still a lot of room to explore there. Is Penguin ever gonna become more similar to the traditional Penguin for example? If so how's he gonna get there?  We still haven't seen much of Ed in full Riddler mode really either.  We had to wait for over a series to see him become The Riddler and since then for the most part his storylines been about his feud with Oswald.     

Also I still think that Bruce's screen time should have been more limited. He's not supposed to go on to be Batman for years anyway.  We should have just seen him pop up a few times every series. We see him grieving, talking to Alfred occasionally, we find out he's taken up martial arts, we see him pop up at a Wayne Foundation event etc. He should have been cloaked ( pun intended) in more mystery from the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

Having now watched episode 17 of season 4 I really just wanted to say How Friggin Ridiculous!!!  I mean really!! So this was the giant twist that they've been hinting at? Why? What's even the point? If this is going where I think its going ( and I think it is) this has to be the laziest and most unnessacary plot twist in movie/TV history. Why God? Why? Its not big and it's not clever!  Nonsense. So it really does turn out that Jerome may not be The Joker after all! That sounds interesting right? Wrong! Strap yourself in for one of the most anti climaxic reveals ever. 

• 1 month later...

That's something at least. I'm dissapointed but not surprised to hear this. 

Like I said before, far too often the storylines were just going round and round with no real plot development to speak of. We never saw Oswald going from crime boss to super villain for example. He is a great character but not all that Penguiny. They spent a series and a half setting up Ed's evolution into The Riddler but I always found him a boring character with boring storylines.

I enjoyed Jerome, not so much Jeremiah. Liked Harvey and Alfred. I was never that keen on Gordon or Bruce. All the other characters were fairly one dimensional and instantly forgettable is Mr Freeze, Mad Hatter etc. Selina's a good character too. Oswald and Jerome have held the show together for me. The show itself has always been at it's best when it's at it's darkest and grittiest. 

The whole Ra's All Ghul storyline was a massive mistake akin to The Hand debacle in Daredevil . It felt completely out of place.

Still catching up on the second half of this season. Was kinda hoping the final episodes would be this year, with a chance it might go on for a full season.

Wonder why it's being left? Maybe for Bruce to become a bit older if they are doing the whole batman reveal.

• 5 months later...

I think I'm a couple of episodes away from the end of season 4, and I keep falling asleep while watching.

I'm not sure how, as the small amount that is making it through my drowsy stupor looks totally mental and OTT. Seems like it's all kicking off with proto-joker v2 and Lee/Riddler, with a wee bit of Rhas Al Ghul being all supernatural in there too. Yet it's failing to hold my interest.

Have I been sleeping through Poison Ivy reboot v3 though? She's completely vanished. Another change of actor on the cards?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Am I the only person still watching?

It knows it's wrapping up and it's more ridiculous than ever.  But is cramming every nod back to various characters it can in.

As stupid as it is, it's strangely consistent with it's own rules around with regards to when everyone is pointing guns at each other, all the goons will die and anyone you know the name of will live.   

16 minutes ago, Gommy said:

Am I the only person still watching?

It knows it's wrapping up and it's more ridiculous than ever.  But is cramming every nod back to various characters it can in.

As stupid as it is, it's strangely consistent with it's own rules around with regards to when everyone is pointing guns at each other, all the goons will die and anyone you know the name of will live.   

More likely they'll die (or be seemingly fatally wounded) and then be resurrected/fully recovered a couple of episodes later..

Death and life threatening injury in Gotham are easier to shake off than a bout of the flu at this point..

It's been entertaining, but it's such a hot mess.. more than any other show, it's absolutely all over the place.. can't decide what it wants to do with anyone and people flip from hero to villain and back again more frequently (and with less lasting consequences) than wrestlers in WWE..

I think the biggest miss has been Bruce though.. could have been really interesting seeing him develop and be shaped by events, leading to him becoming Batman..

Aside from learning a bit of boxing with Alfred, there's almost nothing in the entire show that even hints he's learned any of the skills he should have by now.. He's done no real detective work and never even comes off as being especially bright..

• 1 month later...

It's all coming to a gloriously silly head now. Bane does look a bit rubbish with his massive BMX shouler/chest pads but he's a decent character, the rest of the villains are as nutty as usual and Bruce is actually turning into a bit of a badass. We shall see how it all pans out, but I'm hoping to get a final glimpse of Jeremiah before it's all through.

25 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Is this shown on a UK channel? I fancy seeing these last 2 episode's. 

It'll be on Netflix eventually. 

I'm only on S2 ep2 as I gave up on S1 midway through when it first started. 

I still stand by what I said when it was first announced. You just needed to make Gotham Central as a TV series. 

• 5 weeks later...

Just watched the final episode of season 5, and I loved it. Gotham has had its ups and downs, but I felt this last one had enough nods to fans who have stuck with it, and served as a really nice sendoff for the show. 

Not going to go into any details for those who might be looking forward to it on E4. Will just say that some series can disappoint with a final episode, this one didn't. I think the fact that it didn't have to tie up a whole bunch of loose ends worked massively in it's favour, this was a jumping off point for all the stuff to come that we are familiar with. Its basically been five years worth of origin stories for characters we already know well. For those who have seen it :

Spoiler

Highlights for me were the updated Penguin and Riddler, the lack of the other villains being around so it didn't get too cluttered, the new appearance of the Joker, grown up pissed off Selina and the music cues that liberally borrowed from the Nolan films.

Plus the reveal at the end was nicely done, and the sting with the bat symbol behind the title was a great touch. 

I'll really miss this, after a so so first season I have enjoyed it immensely.

I'm the opposite.. I liked the last season, but thought the finale was really weak by comparison..
It had a chance to go all-out, but just felt really safe..

Spoiler

..skirting around Batman and then only getting one badly composited shot at the end.. It was like Smallville all over again.

Plus it reinforced the series as a whole really missed the opportunity to show Bruce even start to train and develop into the detective, the fighter, the strategist.. instead we skip over all that with a 10 year gap and his older self isn't even seen in the last episode.. guess they couldn't find a convincing enough adult actor?

Ben McKenzie clearly couldn't bear to even wear the famous 'tache for more than 5 minutes.. :lol:

3 hours ago, MDY said:

I'm the opposite.. I liked the last season, but thought the finale was really weak by comparison..
It had a chance to go all-out, but just felt really safe..

Hide contents

..skirting around Batman and then only getting one badly composited shot at the end.. It was like Smallville all over again.

Plus it reinforced the series as a whole really missed the opportunity to show Bruce even start to train and develop into the detective, the fighter, the strategist.. instead we skip over all that with a 10 year gap and his older self isn't even seen in the last episode.. guess they couldn't find a convincing enough adult actor?

Ben McKenzie clearly couldn't bear to even wear the famous 'tache for more than 5 minutes.. :lol:

Yeah, I can see why people might not have liked it, it worked for me as a finale though, maybe because it was a bit safe. They were never going to please everyone though! Agree with your spoilered comments about the actors though :)