IGNORED

The multiformat game comparison thread (resolution, frame rate etc)

simms

Oh oh. Here we go. Again.

It was mildly fun when it was PS3 Vs 360.

Now there won't be much difference between consoles I expect. :D Of course the XBox Series X is technically the most powerful console at the moment. With what is it 1.7Tflops of GPU power over the PS5. Then the PCs have 30XX based GPUs.

Still games look and play great... yay for more power. Yay for consoles finally getting SSDs. :) We live in awesome times everyone... :D 

4 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Oh oh. Here we go. Again.

It was mildly fun when it was PS3 Vs 360.

Now there won't be much difference between consoles I expect. :D Of course the XBox Series X is technically the most powerful console at the moment. With what is it 1.7Tflops of GPU power over the PS5. Then the PCs have 30XX based GPUs.

Still games look and play great... yay for more power. Yay for consoles finally getting SSDs. :) We live in awesome times everyone... :D 

FILLRATEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

SMOKING CHIMNEYSSSSSSSS!!!!!

BROKEN SKIESSSS!!!! - BROKEN , BROKEN DO YOU HEAR? BROKEN!

NO GAMES!!!!!!

Tribalism will never end and will never stop being hilarious.

1 hour ago, Charliemouse said:

All this fuss over a graphics mode only about 1% of owners will even have access too.

The rest of us paupers still on 60hz TVs won’t notice anything as the frame rate seems to be a stable 60 anyway.

Yeah, but these threads aren’t for paupers who only care about 60Hz any longer.

It’s time to hand in your magnifying glass. Put away your resolution chart. Start saving for screen technology which will be out of date as soon as you’ve bought it, and not supported by Nintendo for another decade. 

3 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

What? It's one of the best character action games ever made. The depth is insane.

I didn't get in with it. Found it pretty dull. In fairness, I've never got on with any of the Devil games, so that's probably something to do with it.

14 minutes ago, Benny said:

Judging by that Ass Creed Viking Edition comparison, the Series S version looks pretty much identical to the Xbox 1 X version, just with about 1/3rd of the loading times.

They're basically the same gpu power, the series s has a much much beefier cpu but that won't make as much difference in Valhalla as in games coming out in the future. 

Judging by the kind of performance comparisons we're getting so far, I think the consoles are kind of shaping up a bit like this:

PS4 Pro - GTX1060

Xbox 1 X/Series S - GTX1070

PS5 - GTX3070 (2x a 1070)

Xbox SX GTX3070ti

9 hours ago, Benny said:

I'd be having serious buyers remorse if I'd bought a Series S what with already having an Xbox 1 X right now.

As I sold my One X for pretty much the cost of a Series S just last week, I don’t have any buyers remorse at all.

Quick resume, faster loading and a completely silent machine more then makes the Series S a far nicer console to use.