IGNORED

I, Frankenstein - Aaron Eckhart Actioner

Goose

First trailer for the January 2014 release. Looks a bit like a cross between Underworld, Legion and Constantine.

Set in a dystopic present where vigilant gargoyles and ferocious demons rage in a battle for ultimate power, Victor Frankenstein's creation Adam (Aaron Eckhart) finds himself caught in the middle as both sides race to discover the secret to his immortality.

Written for the screen and directed by Beattie, I, Frankenstein is based on the graphic novel by Kevin Grievous, and is brought to life by a cast that also includes Bill Nighy, Yvonne Strahovski, Miranda Otto, Jai Courtney, Socratis Otto, Mahesh Jadu, Caitlin Stasey and Aden Young as Victor Frankenstein.

If you don't fancy it, the trailer reveals what appears to be the entire film/major action sequences

• 1 year later...

Never mind the trailer. I've just seen the film, and it's contender for worst of the decade. I'm beginning to loathe all these films where there's secret societies waging an "unseen" war against each other. There's a bit where about three thousand demons jump off a rooftop to fight about three thousand stone gargoyles flying though the air, and there's all fire and explosions and shit, and then an entire cathedral blows up. And yet there's no indication that this has had much of an effect on the local human populace. It might as well be happening in an empty city.