Vocaloid games - Hatsune Miku, IA and others

Djx

I've got the PS4 game but much prefer the art style of the switch game, the CG stuff just looks weird in Future Tone. Don't like it enough to double dip though.....

Saying that, I just got my PS3 back from my boys so can always go back and play F and F 2nd now too, which I still prefer to Future Tone as I think the difficulty is better balanced. And I also have Mirai on the 3DS which is a joy.

Think I've got enough Miku to be getting on with......never mind the stuff like Muse Dash I have sat there too

2 hours ago, Vorgot said:

I've got the PS4 game but much prefer the art style of the switch game, the CG stuff just looks weird in Future Tone. Don't like it enough to double dip though.....

Saying that, I just got my PS3 back from my boys so can always go back and play F and F 2nd now too, which I still prefer to Future Tone as I think the difficulty is better balanced. And I also have Mirai on the 3DS which is a joy.

Think I've got enough Miku to be getting on with......never mind the stuff like Muse Dash I have sat there too

The timing window seems better/more accurate in the Switch game. Not sure if they changed anything, or I simply became better or there’s additional lag whilst playing on PS5 (I’m convinced there is) but I’m far better at the Switch game than the PS4.

You may have got better. My son is an absolute savant at this, only plays the extreme and extra extreme maps and he says he can notice no lag on the PS5. I have a new TV as well that seems to switch to game mode automatically to eliminate the lag but we are not sure as the software on it has been updated so the original manual is useless.

Thing is, on the PS3 games, and on X on the PS4, Normal is fairly chill, Hard is a challenge but doable. On Future Tone, as its based on the Arcade maps, Hard is a massive step up, and Normal can be tough too as Fine hits penalise you points wise. Maybe the difficulty curve was made more like the originals in the Switch game?

On 31/05/2022 at 13:41, Vorgot said:

You may have got better. My son is an absolute savant at this, only plays the extreme and extra extreme maps and he says he can notice no lag on the PS5. I have a new TV as well that seems to switch to game mode automatically to eliminate the lag but we are not sure as the software on it has been updated so the original manual is useless.

Thing is, on the PS3 games, and on X on the PS4, Normal is fairly chill, Hard is a challenge but doable. On Future Tone, as its based on the Arcade maps, Hard is a massive step up, and Normal can be tough too as Fine hits penalise you points wise. Maybe the difficulty curve was made more like the originals in the Switch game?

I don't think the scoring is any different compared to Future Tone. I can comfortably do most of the songs on Hard on the Switch version (until they become too fast) whilst I'm not on that level on Future Tone.

• 2 months later...
On 30/05/2022 at 00:06, strawdonkey said:

Can't believe I missed the above post, you can guarantee someone had the time of their life writing fanfic in their exams.

Project Diva Mega Mix+ has recently released on Steam, with a hefty DLC pack of 70 more songs from the PS4 games:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1761390/Hatsune_Miku_Project_DIVA_Mega_Mix/

There's also a small reference here to the new stuff coming to Switch at a later date (in exchange for money):

https://asia.sega.com/mega39splus/en/

I could go for another ridiculous pile of tracks, why not.

The new DLC from Mega Mix+ was released yesterday for the Switch in North America, but seemingly not in Europe. US$35 for an additional 72 songs or you can buy them in packs of 10 or so songs for US$7 each (there's 7 packs). The DLC apparently takes up an additional 20GB of data.

EDIT: The base game is on sale (50% off) at the moment too.

I grabbed the dlc yesterday in the UK, was playing last night! Nice to have Moon again! Was about £31.49 my PayPal says. 

20220825_181044.jpg

20220825_181046.jpg

20220825_181048.jpg

20220825_181054.jpg

Edit: oh earlier this year I found out they released an arcade miku controller for switch and ps4... As the ps4 was +£150->200 more, ps4 patch for controller support was not released outside Japan, EU wii build supports controller, switch is so small so could make it a dedicated small miku machine in the future: grabbed switch controller:

Screenshot_2022-08-25-18-23-48-100_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.850affac1a38f15df73b61b2cf69191c.jpg

25 minutes ago, shynra said:

I grabbed the dlc yesterday in the UK, was playing last night! Nice to have Moon again! Was about £31.49 my PayPal says. 

20220825_181044.jpg

20220825_181046.jpg

20220825_181048.jpg

20220825_181054.jpg

Edit: oh earlier this year I found out they released an arcade miku controller for switch and ps4... As the ps4 was +£150->200 more, ps4 patch for controller support was not released outside Japan, EU wii build supports controller, switch is so small so could make it a dedicated small miku machine in the future: grabbed switch controller:

Screenshot_2022-08-25-18-23-48-100_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.850affac1a38f15df73b61b2cf69191c.jpg

Aha! Found it on the eShop.

How much did the controller cost? I can’t imagine it was cheap...

• 2 months later...