xxXboneXCountXDownXxx

Transient Curse

Old Entries:

2 Days To Go!

2 Days To Go! You can interpret that as One Day To Go before the game in the below video is revealed to be AMAZING. Or Rubbish. Or Just a Bit Average. Today, it's just pretty... and Bloody.

3 Days To Go!

It's a curious time. We all expected less and now we've got it, an Edge 8 feels like a ten. Congrats, Dead Rising 3. Play it for yourself, in 3 days.

Dead%2520Rising%25203.jpg

http://www.edge-online.com/review/dead-rising-3-review/

4 Days to go = No idea where this entry went. It was some nonsense anyway.

5 Days To Go!

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thirsty, is what Craig David dictated when he first came up with the idea for his hit song about falling in love with an alcoholic over the course of seven days (Re-E-wind).

Five day to go and as I dictate this message I wonder what would Craig David make of this future we are about to live in were he not a fictional character from a Charles Dickens novel. The Bone, about to launch in the UK and at least five other countries the same day, likely the world's most powerful console launching that day, with a pretty good lineup and a currently untarnished record for hardware reliability is surely the best choice for people who have preordered the console.

I approached this entry with no idea of what I would write and I think it's obvious, as obvious as the beauty of Xbox players will be when captured in beautiful 1080p by kinect, the Xbox camera. I can't wait to meet you, Xbox. Let's get dinner.

6 Days To Go!

Come Back Later!majornelson.jpg

7 Days To Go!

Come Back Later!DSC00210.jpg

8 Days To Go!

Come Back Later!call-10.jpg?w=640&h=477

9 Days To Go!

Come Back Later!ic72uszgA7tPR.gif

10 Days To Go!

Come Back Later!Larry-Hagman-as-JR-in-Dal-007-300x180.jp

11 Days To Go!

Come Back Later!ku-medium.jpg

12 Days To Go!

Come Back Later!6664h2dps.gif

13 Days To Go!

Come Back Later!4BPo3ME.gif

14 Days To Go!

Let's have an update, eh?

Kinect is a camera and that. Here's a video about it. Two Weeks [/total recall]

http://youtu.be/pVDa6it8ksI

15 Days To Go!

Come Back Later!DSC00210.jpg

16 Days To Go!

Come Back Later!call-10.jpg?w=640&h=477

17 Day To Go!

Come Back Later!ic72uszgA7tPR.gif

18 Days To Go!

Come Back Later!Larry-Hagman-as-JR-in-Dal-007-300x180.jp

19 Days To Go!

have you seen this yet? It's pretty cool, even if you don't care for racing games or Xbone.

20 Days To Go!

|Valentines day falls on the 14th of February. A day of love, the day when all who have someone to love clutch them to their bosom. To be born the day before would be like arriving before the love arrives. Don Mattrick, former Xbox Person arrived before the love (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Mattrick) for he was born on the 13th Of February.

"What the fuck is this all about?" I hear you ask.

Well much like the Xbone, this thread and Don Mattrick the love comes later. Born into a harsh reality where it seems nobody cares, each has had to wait to be loved. Look at the mass outcry when I started to not bother updating this countdown:

Shouldn't we be up to 21 days to go? ( or maybe 20).

Good stuff so far, lets keep it going if possible.

That's just one of the many comments that have been left. People love this thread. It didn't seem like they did at first. I've asked a moderator to delete the rest.

When Don unveiled Xbox One, nobody cared, he had to go because nobody cared so much. And now everyone loves it.

Don's probably being loved somewhere right now too.

I think the message for us all is to love one another, tomorrow. Just like the Xbone. If you don't love it today, you'll love it tomorrow.

We must all walk through the desert until the love arrives:

Halo-Xbox-One-Reveal-02.jpg

21 Days To Go!

Come Back Later!4BPo3ME.gif

22 Days To Go!

Come Back Later!majornelson.jpg

23 Days To Go!

post-21-0-58643800-1383089192.png

24 Days To Go!

Couldn't really be bothered to do one for today. I notice there was no outcry. :(

25 Days To Go!

we must dream. Dream, dream, dream. Dream that this is the interface experience we will find on Xbox One before Christmas 2014. Looks pretty good. "Xbox, tell UI developers to work faster.

26 Days To Go!

VCR97Qf.jpg

Eagle eyed tipster Angel sent today's countdown entry in via the post. The message, written in feces, reads:

"dear wahwah i have found this desperate attempt by microsoft to spin news dont you think your countdown should focus on showing how bad xbone is or are you not hardcore enough"

It's a lovely letter, I'm sure you'll all agree and Angel does have a point. The desperation must be pouring out of every Microsoft employee's er... pore. Imagine (Steve) Ballmer screaming at his employees -while he still has the chance- "if someone tweets at you, you better damn well reply! With more than two characters!"

Certainly looks like that's the case here. Those 3 characters spelling "yes" spell doom for the Redmond based Direct X developers.

Sorry to end today's countdown on such a negative note, reader.

27 Days To Go!

"Papa Was A Rolling Stone, wherever he lay his hat was his home" wrote Manchester's favourite Daughter Lisa Scott Lee on her hit 1992 single "Been Around The World And I Can't Find My Baby". Xbox fans who can find another Xbone owner to visit will be pleased to find that if they remove and lay their hats down (to improve visual recognition) they won't have to enter complicated passwords* or codes in order to be home (access their Xbone content). With Xbox it's as easy as 1- say hello to your friend 2-shout "Xbox On!" and 3- stand in front of your friend's Kinect sensor. At this point all of your Xbox digital content will become near instantly available.** Welcome to the future, guys. Feel like showing your buddy the latest level you've got to or perhaps the extra dlc you bought? Boom, it's all there. Thanks Xbox.

*No idea

**50GB/sec connection required.

28 Days To Go!

When the NSA designed Xbox One, little Did they realise that Microsoft would so effectively subvert the design. Did you know?? Microsoft's menu navigation device (Kinect) isn't really a portal to your lounge for the NSA - It doesn't even stream every event in your home back to America! Plucky developers are still able to use the camera to determine if particular crimes are being committed, however. Want to decapitate someone in your lounge? Not on Microsoft's watch, Bucko! Check out this leaked hidden menu which shows Kinect is able to take full inventory of the number of people in the room and check that head and shoulders remain connected all the time. Incidentally, if dandruff is detected,a Head and Shoulders ad will be displayed on the dashboard.

WP_20131025_035.jpg

With advanced tech like this "looking" after us, there's little to fear if you make your home a Xbox Home. You'll always be happy to "Go Home [to] Xbox*"

*or words in a similar order.

29 Days To Go!

With 29 days until launch, I thought now would be the perfect time to take our minds off launch and look even further forward. Here's a sneak preview of a game coming out next year. Remedy are the company making the game for Xbone. You might have heard of them because they made a game called Alain Wak. Alain Wak was about a writer called Stephen King who was making a TV show. Quantum Break stars a character called Sam Beckett nobody knows if there's a twist this time. You can see Sam in action in this great video:

30 Days To Go!

See if you can find the special Xbone words in this puzzle!

31 Days To Go!

Believe It Or Not!

When Microsoft first revealed their soon to be released (about 31 days!) console (Xbone) public reaction was far from favourable. Gamers thought the console wasn't really for them and said they weren't interested in TV or "shitty NFL". It really happened!

See you tomorrow for another fun Xbone Fact!

post-21-0-80733100-1383090071.jpg

how much are they paying you for this grass roots guerilla marketing, its becoming absurd.

It's just a bit of fun angel. Don't stress, just go with it.

im genuinely suspicious, he's like the rllmuk relentless xbone PR machine with his little negging crew in tow for dissenters.

Nah mate, he's just got a One on preorder and he's excited it's nearly here. You're reading too much into it.

Yes angel, anyone who shows any kind of positivity or excitement is on the M$ payroll.

It's tongue in cheek fun about a new console launch (aka Christmas for Gamers) but please get back to your important work of being constantly negative about a toy you have no interest in.

just funny how peoples minds are so easily swayed, and forget events within months. massively evil camera bundled with console, by company who sells your data, has a DRM on/off switch at the ready, builds console around TV features that arent available at launch and wont ever really be available in europe. for 430 quid

but wait, a free fifa or forza download! lets forget all that. xbone owners are bending over and paying for it. there'll be some salty tears cried when the thing runs cod at 900p with texture pop in, snap doesnt work, and its taking photos of them, detecting products in their home.

but free fifa!

carry on with the absurd advent calendar celebrations.

just funny how peoples minds are so easily swayed,

Is this meant to be ironic? Sony release a Playstation Memories advert and people go gooey eyed and completely ignore all of the mistakes they made with the PS3 which are starting to appear again for the PS4 launch window and subsequent 2014.

Enjoy your PS4 but I feel damn sorry for that topic and the people who'll read it as they'll have to put up with your utterly pointless whining about things which don't effect the important things like the bloody games.

Is this meant to be ironic? Sony release a Playstation Memories advert and people go gooey eyed and completely ignore all of the mistakes they made with the PS3 which are starting to appear again for the PS4 launch window and subsequent 2014.

Enjoy your PS4 but I feel damn sorry for that topic and the people who'll read it as they'll have to put up with your utterly pointless whining about things which don't effect the important things like the bloody games.

Playstation Memories - my online userdata being compromised as part of one of the biggest data breaches in corporate history, Giant Enemy Crabs and having the worst versions of multi-platform releases. I still have a PS4 pre-ordered as I am a lunatic but I couldn't argue the case that it's a better proposition than the XBone immediately at launch.

Playstation Memories - my online userdata being compromised as part of one of the biggest data breaches in corporate history, Giant Enemy Crabs and having the worst versions of multi-platform releases. I still have a PS4 pre-ordered as I am a lunatic but I couldn't argue the case that it's a better proposition than the XBone immediately at launch.

@ceokazhirai says it's cool - don't worry about it.

Angel is calling it like a BAUS

theyre showing it off on ps4, no ones getting to see the xbone version. its 1080p native, its gona have ramped up textures, lighting, that new tech theyre using thats like a next gen bump mapping for rocks and whatnot. that 50% gpu bump is gona go on resolution and detail, its gonna look tremendous.

So my 4 year old runs up to me...

"Daddy, Daddy, is it time to open the Rllmuk Advent Calendar. Is it, is it?"

"Well son, We'll have to check that it is Wednesday 23rd October in the UK, as otherwise, we won't like what we find......oh yes, it should be fine"

Majorly disturbed child in tears, day ruined, thanks.