IGNORED

xxXboneXCountXDownXxx

Transient Curse

He used to be, years ago. Would always go on about post count and if it was low your opinion was basically nothing to him. Then he seems to join the normal world again but next gen seems to have pushed him over the edge.

i cant argue with this statement.

well apart from post count, but if ive never spoke to someone and they start going on about me, it means nothing to me, like that raqafat guy. or the barry person.

rllmuk seems to be shrinking, theres less personalities, industry relevance seems to have gone, remember when charlie brooker posted, or revstu turned up every 6 months. now its like a relative wasteland. scottcr rules the nintendo kingdom. wahwah safeguards the xbone from marauders. ramone and dizzog battle for the internet nothingness that is popularity in off topic, trying to be king of a few hundred nerds, wasting literally 100s of man hours on it. i was briefly entranced by the little green posses, but bored of that now. this forum has become very much like the one i migrated from 10 years ago.

well apart from post count, but if ive never spoke to someone and they start going on about me, it means nothing to me, like that raqafat guy. or the barry person.

rllmuk seems to be shrinking, theres less personalities, industry relevance seems to have gone, remember when charlie brooker posted, or revstu turned up every 6 months. now its like a relative wasteland. scottcr rules the nintendo kingdom. wahwah safeguards the xbone from marauders. ramone and dizzog battle for the internet nothingness that is popularity in off topic, trying to be king of a few hundred nerds, wasting literally 100s of man hours on it. i was briefly entranced by the little green posses, but bored of that now. this forum has become very much like the one i migrated from 10 years ago.

Well I'm glad someone's on top of all that, while the rest of us just chat about shit we want to chat about. Like adults. Usually. Sometimes.

or the barry person.

Thanks for the mention, it's a community where I see lots of people adding to it with news/sharing stories, very gaming centric this was a big part of why I signed up. Every forum has its clowns and I genuinely at first didn't think you were one of them but thanks for the clarification.

I don't mind anyone voicing opinion or having only negative things to say about something but to repeat it over and over and over and get sly digs in at every opportunity really annoys me. It doesn't even have to be directed at me, I might even have the same views or agree with some of the things said but to harp on like a broken record?

Just to add to the whole post count arrogance, why should it matter how long someone has been a member of this forum?* What you fail to realise is yeah they maybe newish to this community but they won't be new to forums or the interwebs, i'm a member of loads of forums and have thousands of posts on a few, who cares? The first forum I joined was around 2003 GTPlanet (Gran Turismo forums) does that make me an elite? Hardly.

*I asked a lot of my gaming mates when I happened to stumble across this site if they had heard of it and they thought I was taking the piss with the name of the site. How are you meant to find this place other than a random google search throwing up a result? I stuck around though as it seemed like a big community with a lot to offer with very knowledgeable punters and good debate.

Hm, I just post here because I like chatting to all you guys and reading all your opinions and "stuff". I like that it goes under the radar and isn't chock full of industry types throwing breadcrumbs to the masses like Neogaf.

Barry is totally right. I post loooooads compared to most people, but only because my job involves a lot of waiting for timers to go down, bars to go up or file transfers to finish. I don't think my relatively high post count counts for anything whatsoever. If you're listening to me over any of the actually good posters on account of post count, that's poor form chap.

Interwebs

Angel, can you capitalise 'Interwebs', please. Thanks. :hat:

Going back on topic, who is going to the MSFT roadshow thingy next week in london?

I'll be there on the Monday. Looking forward to trying the pad out etc. Probably too noisy to try the new voice commands for kinect but i'm also looking forward to those too, for tv etc.

Oh i'm very sorry, is something that you don't like reading getting repeated over and over and over again?

I wonder who else does that on the Interwebs?

Love that you capitalised it :)

But then, you know i'm already in love with you Barry so there's nothing new here. Come to the road show thing on Monday, we could have dinner, maybe more?

Love that you capitalised it :)

But then, you know i'm already in love with you Barry so there's nothing new here. Come to the road show thing on Monday, we could have dinner, maybe more?

I really can't i'm washing my hair..................

Ok look supert3d it's not you, it's me. :unsure:

Going back on topic, who is going to the MSFT roadshow thingy next week in london?

I'll be there on the Monday. Looking forward to trying the pad out etc. Probably too noisy to try the new voice commands for kinect but i'm also looking forward to those too, for tv etc.

Yes, I'm there Wednesday - like you hoping to see some application of Kinect, and also some better feel for Ryse, which seems to have been almost universally written off before a single QTE has been pressed. Actually I think some folk have written off Kinect as well.

The trade ones started last week, be prepared to be a bit freaked out at first by the extra trigger rumble stuff :blink:

The trade ones started last week, be prepared to be a bit freaked out at first by the extra trigger rumble stuff :blink:

What's that trigger rumble like then, is it any good?

What's that trigger rumble like then, is it any good?

Shit in Battlefield, possibly genre defining in Forza. It really helps add an extra level of useful feedback when playing with a controller.

Yeah, it's really impressive when used right, I'm very interested to hear (probably not until after the dust settles) the opinions on the two new console controllers. People who used both the 360 and PS3 pad a lot, see what they think of the new ones. The PS4 pad is a vast improvement imo over the PS3 one (still a couple of issues though), where as the One pad is merely a refinement but I still prefer the Xbox layout overall.

Interesting, looking forward to trying both the One controller and the PS4.

Has anyone seen a video or used the TV functionality yet? I'm genuinely looking forward to all that with the HDMI-In, it could really make a big difference if Sky/Virgin is supported from launch. I like Sky+ but would be nice to control it by reliable voice. We use "Xbox Pause/Play" all the time to the extent that I try and command the effing WiiU to 'Pause' on video sometimes.

Also looking forward to being able to use the accent from the start of this video even though I won't have to.

"Xborks ouuwnh"

Interesting, looking forward to trying both the One controller and the PS4.

Has anyone seen a video or used the TV functionality yet? I'm genuinely looking forward to all that with the HDMI-In, it could really make a big difference if Sky/Virgin is supported from launch. I like Sky+ but would be nice to control it by reliable voice. We use "Xbox Pause/Play" all the time to the extent that I try and command the effing WiiU to 'Pause' on video sometimes.

They didn't have it set up but they said it'll support from launch or very soon after *all* Sky/Virgin/freeview/freesat etc devices/boxes and also TV sets. That side of it looked really quite impressive, far better than I thought it'd be.

Almost all the Wii Fit clones (except maybe the EA one) seem to miss that Wii Fit was a massive success because it was non-threatening, rather than this sort of terrifying competitive ultra fitness video thing for actual fanatics, who surely have no interest in it because they already go to the gym and have proper equipment anyway

Imagine the Wii Fit woman screaming COME ON Y'ALL LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at you like a terrifying loon

Yeah, i mean that's probably true but there is a huge market for these crazy new fitness DVDs. Nearly all the girls did 'Insanity' in my last job.

It certainly won't be getting my parents to buy the One for fitness though like how they bought a Wii Balance Board, though.

I thought they said the TV stuff was coming first to America and Japan and everything else was TBA. Considering the Japanese launch isn't until well into next year, it could be some time until the TV features will launch here.

It's the NEW Microsoft, Every employee must give out different information! Or Something... :)