The Walking Dead - Season 2

Best of the season. On par with the highs of Season 1.

i ended up on my own like a lone wolf motherfucker. Looked away when Jane was getting stabbed then shot Kenny. As soon as Clem lifted the gun I instantly regretted it. Then Kenny just said, "do it". Fuck. :(

Well then, episode five...

I loved it. Somehow, even though I've hated the lad from the beginning, walked off into the sunset with Kenny. Didn't like that Jane pulled some stupid shit with the baby. When the dust settled I was still on Kenny's side. To be fair,at the end, I was almost in tears (i'm very drunk). I was just so happy to walk away with a fellow survivor from season 1. I don't know, I'm locked.

Loved it. Great close to the season, you ask me.

...And done.

My choices for the finale.

Protected the baby - I can't remember the other choice but this felt like the right thing to do.

Went to help Luke - Luke was probably my favourite out of the group and with Clementine weighing less, I thought there might have been a chance Luke would be saved. This was a decision that I was dreading so before I even finished the episode I had to look up and see what happens if I chose the other option. I wouldn't have went back to fix it because I try to play the game with the choices I make (or the choices I think that Clementine would make) but turns out pretty much the same thing happens and he dies. Oh, well. :(

Asked to Leave with Mike - I can't remember the other options and felt that this may have been a panic press because although Mike seemed decent, Clementine and Mike never really had that much interaction compared to other characters so in retrospect this was probably the wrong choice for my playthrough.

Shot Kenny - Kenny wasn't my favourite from season one (although I acknowledge his loyalty and sacrifice to help Lee find Clem) and I would say the same for season two, however, this isn't the reason I shot him. At first while the scuffle was happening I was originally going to side with Kenny but then thinking about all the shit Kenny has been through in both season one and two that it would probably be best for him. I liked the conversation at the end between Kenny and Clementine that seemed as if Kenny had accepted his fate and held no grudge against Clementine for what had to be done. He was like a rabid dog at the end so it was best to put him down.

I ended up alone - I had a feeling that at some point in the game I would have to make the choice to go with several characters. Although I thought Bonnie was going to be included as an option (maybe it was? I haven't looked over all the choices to see if there were any different outcomes.) Regardless, I would have picked Jane so I was prepared for the choice to be presented. That was before what transpired between Jane and Kenny after the car crash and faking the baby's death to get a reaction was such a dick move. Even though I killed Kenny for the reason I already stated, it didn't feel right to forgive Jane for putting Clementine in that position.

Loved the finale. Thought it was wonderful. Ended up

going with Jane in the end, believe it or not. Thought she pulled a total dick move, as has been said, but I reckoned I'd be safer with her, and it didn't mean I had to trust her long term. Clem looks out for number 1.

Finished this last night...

I killed Kenny, fucker had gone full on mental by the time we got to the shack. I wasn't taken in with Jane's ruse at all and figured Clem knew it too, so I played along looking for my opportunity to finish him off. His last words were touching and I tried to reassure him that he would see duck again.

Ended up letting the new people join at the end, why not? Jane and Clem will deal with them if need be. A little surprised at the number of people who chose to go with Mike, thought a few more would. Not me though, I didn't like that Arvo at all, didn't trust him. I didn't try and save Luke because I figured he'd have the best chance of getting out by himself. I blame Bonnie for trying and thought she was a right bitch blaming Clem for it, stupid cow. She went right down in my estimation over the course of the final episode.

Very good though and loved the little "yeah" Clem gave at the last. Already watching their back. :)

The flashback segment was good for one thing, showing how much Clem had changed mentally and physically - she looked so young!

Wonder where they will go with season three...

I've just finished episode 1. Firstly Telltale seriously need to get their shit sorted out with the technical side of things, I wouldn't mind their games looking like they do if they ran at a consistent frame rate. Lazy shites. Apart from that it's so far very good - The first season was the only other game to make me feel like The Last of Us did.

Took me a while to find this in the PSN store, the game itself just showed coming soon for episode 5 & would not update?

Some tough choices to make along the way & I enjoyed the ending. Will be interesting to see how season 3 starts with the choices through the episode. I replayed the last section a few times to see the different outcomes.

I jumped consoles from 360 to PS3 for season 2 & will do the same for season 3 jumping to PS4. Will have to roll the start for season 3 a few times to get the ending I want from season 2. Shame telltale did not have some sort of cloud save feature in the game to easily transfer your choices.

Easily my favourite telltale game I've still to play the Back to the Future & Wolf Aming Us games.

Finished Season 2. Episode V spoilers.

Did not protect the baby. I was trying my utmost to have it killed to leave it behind.

Did not went to help Luke.

Shot Kenny. Mentalist was a danger to everybody.

Sided with Jane and the new family.

Meh. hope we get to see a new protagonist in Season 3. I am done with child Clementine.

Wow, that was immense an am surprised to see how differently this played out to everyone here.

I'm all alone with just the baby! (is it really possible to have the baby dead??!) During the truck moment I felt some bond with Kenny/Jane and shouted for them and ended up getting shot by Arvo, went into the flashback. I actually thought it was going to place you back in that moment in time for the rest of the series. It would certainly be interesting playing this type of game knowing what happens in the future and using that to change everything. But yeah you just then go back to reality :( I left with Kenny/Jane and baby. During their brawl I just couldn't decide who to help, I was going through such a mental breakdown of deciding who to go with during that fight. It was smart of TT to not just make that an instant yes/no choice. In the end I killed Kenny as I remembered him saying he was tired and just felt sorry for him. I was sad to see him go. I think that's partly why I then went on to leave Jane behind. It was a really weird choice I admit, it just felt right at the time. I didn't 100% like her as a character and was curious if the game would let me be alone and I was shocked when it did

I need a rest from the series but I am looking forward to continuing this story next year and seeing how this plays out.

Last episode spoilers:

From reading other people's posts in this thread, it sounds like you can end up with a massively different ending this time depending on your choices, is that right? I sided with Jane, killed Kenny, and ended up in the shopping mall with some new characters which sounds like a completely different story to what other people in the thread have ended up with

Last episode spoilers:

From reading other people's posts in this thread, it sounds like you can end up with a massively different ending this time depending on your choices, is that right? I sided with Jane, killed Kenny, and ended up in the shopping mall with some new characters which sounds like a completely different story to what other people in the thread have ended up with

Yeah and I have to admit that I'm a little surprised since the games mostly give you choices that don't have real impact on the story but it's about the player's decision rather than the outcome. Then you get to the end of the game and you have various outcomes based on two choices.

There are, to my knowledge, six (maybe seven) pretty substantially different endings:

Kenny dead, Clem and Jane and AJ with the family in Howe's.

Kenny dead, Clem and Jane and AJ in Howe's alone.

Jane dead, Clem and AJ in Wellington, Kenny leaves.

Jane dead, Clem and AJ and Kenny go off together.

Jane and Kenny dead, Clem goes off with AJ.

Kenny dead, Clem leaves Jane to go off with AJ.

Possibly an ending where Jane's dead and Clem leaves Kenny (with the baby maybe? I'm not sure)

I might be missing stuff here, too. There's going to be a season 3 but I can't see how they'd account for all these different outcomes and I think that's all to the good, to be honest. I want this story to be over now, as good as it was.

OH MY GOD!

They I killed Kenny.

Choices:

1. Protected the baby. Probably because I've got kids of my own babies get me every time in games and movies. Cheap plot device, but effective.
  2. Helped Luke. Mostly because it was obvious Clem wasn't going to die if I went. They couldn't kill her at that point in the episode.
  3. Screamed at the top of my lungs when Mike tried to leave without me. Judas bastard. :mad:
  4. Shot Kenny. He totally had it coming. He's been a prick since season 1 episode 1.
  5. Ended up with Jane and the baby back at Caver's place. I didn't want to be on my own so I forgave Jane.

It seems that it was possible to end up in lots of different places if this thread is anything to go by. Back at Carvers I had a group containing a man, a woman and a kid about Clems age approach. Let them in because I figured it would be the most interesting thing to do. They look shady as hell. :D

Overall I really liked the season. Episode 5 was especially strong, I don't agree with the Polygon criticisms at all. I don't think this season is special in the way the first one was, but it never could be really, could it?

Finished this the other day

Definitely a good episode, and it felt a bit longer than previous ones so good value for money. I could see the Jane / Kenny thing coming a mile off and had already planned that Kenny would be eating lead. He had been a cock for ages, even back in series one if you support him he always seemed to be an arse regardless. That Arvo kid seemed like he would eventually become an ally but that ended when he shot me... Kenny beating him constantly secured his offing.

Overall a good series and I like the character development of Clementine but would prefer a new protagonist in a new series. I'll have to play back through though. In series 1 there were already 4 episodes released when I started and here I played as they were released so everything felt a bit disjointed, people left too quick and I couldn't remember half the names. I'd like to say I will wait till all episodes are out next time but not sure I could actually do that :).

I think it'd be a real nice twist if you took up another character in another season and then met Clementine along the way, and the actions you'd chosen as her affected that storyline - that would solve a lot of complaints about the lack of re-action to choices. You could have 6/7 different 'types' of person that Clementine had become that would affect say the last couple of episodes you played in. Also the fact the story hinged on just her would perhaps remove exponential story line problems if you introduced later on.

I'm guessing season 3 will be the last, they maybe do a reboot with new characters further down the line but I think the studio has a lot going on right now that it makes sense to leave this behind. Also, with the several different story conclusions they have going on here they wouldn't be wanting to do too much more.

Oh one thing that annoyed me, I let Arvo keep his supplies and go home in episode 4 and then at the end he came back and the story was making out that we took his supplies and that's why he was angry with us?!

With Wolf Among Us & Walking Dead Season 2 completed they have Tales from Borderlands which should be released (Episode 1) this year & Game of Thrones which I don't think we will see Episode 1 till 2015.

Are they going to do a season 2 of Wolf Among Us?

I expect work on Walking Dead Season 3 will start next year once they are close to completing Tales from Borderlands. We probably won't see Episode 1 till Late 2015 or more likely early 2016.

I'm guessing season 3 will be the last, they maybe do a reboot with new characters further down the line but I think the studio has a lot going on right now that it makes sense to leave this behind. Also, with the several different story conclusions they have going on here they wouldn't be wanting to do too much more.

Oh one thing that annoyed me, I let Arvo keep his supplies and go home in episode 4 and then at the end he came back and the story was making out that we took his supplies and that's why he was angry with us?!

Arvo says he was robbed, not that you took his supplies. And, right enough, he was robbed. Jane steals his gun no matter what.