The Walking Dead - Season 2

Finished episode 2. It's fantastic yet again. Constantly tense and I can now see where this series is going.

I still have issues playing as Clem. People talking to her like she's an adult and me making her say adult things as it's what I would do. But other than that this is as good as series one, if a tad slower.

I smiled, I tensed up and I can't wait until episode 3 so it's another home run!

Loved episode 2 more than episode 1. So great.

I got a warm fuzzy feeling when...

You see Kenny! Some of the hardest choices in this series for me in this episode with something as simple as choosing to sit with Luke or Kenny (I chose Luke) and whether to confess to Walter or try to deny because it puts you in the middle of the camp and I wasn't comfortable choosing a side.

I don't have much of an issue with playing as Clementine as similar to the first Walking Dead and the Wolf Among Us, I try to play the role of the character and not necessarily make choices that I would make. However, I do think some are putting too much responsibility in Clementine by putting her in harms way over an adult, even though she can handle herself. Other than that, this episode has upped it from the first episode.

During the situation when you meet Bonnie and they're unsure if she could be trusted, I was thinking "I played the DLC, I know she's a good person". WRONG! Nice one Telltale.

Awesome, seemed a lot longer than episode 1? By the end I felt of episode 2 I felt like I had a grasp on most of the characters where as at the end of one it felt like there were still a lot of vague characters. Starting to get the feels for them.

The tinned peaches gag was genuinely funny.The subtle confusion in Clem's eyes when told she looks like the girl on the can. Then later someone else mentions it. Can't imagine how anyone even came up with that idea or how they would present it to the team, haha.

Telltale have released a statement about that:

http://www.telltalegames.com/support/discussion/61288/episode-2-a-house-divided-for-ps3-eu

We are aware that people in Europe are keenly awaiting The Walking Dead: Season Two Episode 2 - A House Divided on PlayStation 3. Our goal is always to get our content out across all platforms as close together as possible, especially because we want you to be able to enjoy the story spoiler free.

Some folks may not know this, but the submission and release schedule for Sony is actually entirely separate for the U.S. PSN store and the European PSN store, which is why release dates sometimes don't line up exactly between them. We appreciate your patience as we work with our partners at Sony to get Episode 2 to our European fans as soon as we can. We'll be able to announce a release date as soon as we have one confirmed - it shouldn't be too far away now at all.

The best way to avoid spoilers while watching for the release date is to look for it on the PlayStationEU Twitter feed.

Thanks again to our European PS3 players for your patience, and hang in there - we'll have you joining in on the next installment in Clem's journey as soon as possible!

Episode 2.

Am I the only one that had difficulty choosing who to sit with? I really had to think about that decision.

It was an easy decision for me, but a hard one to make if that makes sense. I mean I was always going to sit with Kenny. I'm a little concerned about the group i'm in and I know Kenny is solid, even if it's hinted that he's becoming even more unhinged. But carrying through with that decision and seeing Luke's face was tough to take.

It was an easy decision for me, but a hard one to make if that makes sense. I mean I was always going to sit with Kenny. I'm a little concerned about the group i'm in and I know Kenny is solid, even if it's hinted that he's becoming even more unhinged. But carrying through with that decision and seeing Luke's face was tough to take.

I chose Luke. For me, I feel that Clementine wasn't particularly close to Kenny. The first 2 episodes I think Clementine has a stronger bond with Luke in 2 episodes than with Kenny from the first season. This is the sort of decisions I love in games. It's something so simple yet so conflicting. There is no right or wrong choice.

I chose Luke. For me, I feel that Clementine wasn't particularly close to Kenny. The first 2 episodes I think Clementine has a stronger bond with Luke in 2 episodes than with Kenny from the first season. This is the sort of decisions I love in games. It's something so simple yet so conflicting. There is no right or wrong choice.

hahaha yeah, there are no 'right' choices. All of them are wrong!

That should be the tag line for this series. 'Everything You Do Is Wrong'

Episode 2 felt a bit short (I think the first 7 achievements popping up pretty much minutes apart made it seem that way) - but the last (which is pretty much 1/2 of the game!) was intense

Hated Kenny in TWD. Tried to be good to him (even if not siding with him) at every importunity, and he was still a dick to Lee. Bit odd though trying to think what Clem's relationship with him was and act in that manner. Chose to sit with him still, mainly as trying to bridge the 2 groups.

Liked that they let you/Clem realise who Matthew was quite early on, and then be annoyed when Luke told you. Shame Walt died (that seemed unavoidable?) as he was nice.

Choices:

Blamed someone else for the photos (they told me to distract her!)

Sat with Kenny

Told Walter the Truth

Got Walter to forgive Nick

Stayed to help Carlos

Episode 2.

Am I the only one that had difficulty choosing who to sit with? I really had to think about that decision.

Yeah there were a few moments that I wanted more time to think about but this one I somehow recalled a conversation with my current 'team' from earlier where they told me that I should stick around with the new team to get a better handle on them. So I thought, well, if they see me go over to the new team for dinner they will think I'm just gathering insight rather than snubbing them. But then yeah, haha Luke's face made me a bit horrible.

All that thought process within a simple decision that you have just a few seconds to think about. It's situations like this why TT are currently one of the pioneers of decision making in games.

Bloody loved this new Episode, as others have mentioned in the spoilers...

seeing Kenny was a proper "OMG yesssssss" moment and one which I totally did not see coming.

This game has you feeling such a range of emotions in the space of an hour, it's so brilliantly done.

When

Nick shot the guy on the bridge (who we later found out was Matthew), I was so angry with him, but when he was so obviously cut up about it afterwards I felt sorry for him, imagining what it must have felt like for him. He was sober by then, I figured, and his heart was in the right place by trying to protect Clem & Luke.

It was really heartwrenching when Kenny mentioned Duck during dinner, although he is still a bit of a dick - having a real go at Nick for no discernable reason during that scene being a case in point.

It's gutting to know there'll be a good 2-3 months wait for the next episode. :(

• 1 month later...

I think it's time this thread got bumped. Telltale Games announced there will be a trailer today for episode 3. I won't watch it but hopefully a release date will also be announced with it.

It was incredible. It was fairly short again, but it was so densely packed with great stuff. I don't think I've been through so many different emotions in such a short time before.

Weirdly I found the choices easier to make in this episode than I have in the last two, mainly because there was always a choice that represented exactly what I wanted to do or say. That's not to say I feel particularly good about all of them, this being TWD and all, but they always felt right.

Not sure what I feel about it. Like most of S2 it's been a little meandering without a central drive. (Other than "survive", but in S1 there seemed to be more ongoing)

Still really enjoyed it though - not sure it's that short, certainly longer than last 2 TWAU Eps.

Choices (bolded the main ones, I do like in this there's lots of little choices constantly...before the end screen I couldn't even tell you what the big 5 were!)

Cheered when Sarah got slapped (might not have been in game)

Helped Sarah With Chores. (Unless girl)

Said the coat looked cool

Told Carver we're nothing alike

Told Bonnie About Luke

Tried to hide the theft

Tried to help Kenny, got smacked

Didn't watch Kenny kill Bill

Went for Sarita's arm (Reggie had already shown it can work if done in time!)

One of the QTEs really pissed me off. I had to repeat the same part about 5 times. It tells you to "Hold A", but when you hold A nothing happens. It turns out you have to start holding A about 5 seconds after the prompt tells you, and then Clem actually fucking moves. Along with some lip sync issues, I wonder if this was rushed a bit.

First major glitch I have encountered going into episode 3.

Only 2 characters died when I finished episode 2. I managed to save Alvin but at the start of episode 3 I don't see him, is there a way to fix this? It's really frustrating me since it isn't the same path I was taking and now I am only wondering what else isn't the same.

EDIT:

Moaning about nothing I am.

I couldn't see him in the over shots of all of them coming out of the van but he is there.

I was optimistically hoping I could download this for the 360 once it hit midnight and I couldn't and I am sad

Usually available at noon.