What franchises would you like to see make a comeback during next gen?

Flub

I was reading up about old games from the past. and this one caught my eye, not exactly a new branch of McDonald's as it doesn't seem to have been exploited any further, but an amazing attempt at the Open World game, ages before more well funded teams of people with way more powerful hardware would attempt the feat, the concept is interesting and could work really well with modern hardware:

Gyy17Ib.png

Dungeon Master! (although already basically exists with Grimrock)

Would love to try a version using Wiimote or PS Move based combat (so for fighting you hack and slash, but spell casting you have to trace the runes and chant, and the spell is more powerful the more accurate you are).

Also: Lords of Chaos (although again this is already sort of in the pipeline with Julian Gollops tablet-based Chaos re-boot)

Point n Click games :(

Or more to the point; GRIM FANDANGO!

This!

I haven't had the chance to play Grim Fandango yet as I don't think it is on Steam. I would love for Monkey Island to return but I doubt that with Disney holding the rights.

Also the Wii got some adventure/PNC games because of the Wii motion so I hope to see some on the PS4 with the touchpad.

Broken Sword

Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse announced a release date. 2 episodes, one in December and one in January. Really looking forward to it.

I was reading up about old games from the past. and this one caught my eye, not exactly a new branch of McDonald's as it doesn't seem to have been exploited any further, but an amazing attempt at the Open World game, ages before more well funded teams of people with way more powerful hardware would attempt the feat, the concept is interesting and could work really well with modern hardware:

Gyy17Ib.png

My god I loved this game. It was the GTA of it's day. Although I suppose that makes resurrecting it somewhat redundant.

I'd love to see a new Lost Vikings game myself.

Also a new Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters (although not technically a franchise, I just really loved that game).

This!

I haven't had the chance to play Grim Fandango yet as I don't think it is on Steam. I would love for Monkey Island to return but I doubt that with Disney holding the rights.

Also the Wii got some adventure/PNC games because of the Wii motion so I hope to see some on the PS4 with the touchpad.

Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse announced a release date. 2 episodes, one in December and one in January. Really looking forward to it.

not playing grim is quite possibly a hangable offence.

Can you not get it on gog either? I've still got the cds for it floating about somewhere. If I find it, I'll send it on. After one last play through, obv. :)

not playing grim is quite possibly a hangable offence.

Can you not get it on gog either? I've still got the cds for it floating about somewhere. If I find it, I'll send it on. After one last play through, obv. :)

Nope, not on GOG either. I think a lot of mid-to-late 90's LucasArts games aren't available on digital platforms which is a shame since I want to go back and play a few of their games. I plan on getting Grim Fandango next year, after I've played Curse of Monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island. I know Escape is considered the worst but it was the first time I saw Monkey Island so I've always wanted to play it. Unfortunately when I bought it for myself on PC instead of PS2, the game wouldn't install. :(