The Humble Thread

RubberJohnny

1 hour ago, Fry Crayola said:

Mass Effect is an Origin key, so not as painless as you might hope. 

Chicken Police has also been nixed from this month, too (apparently pushed to next month). I'll probably cancel this month on the off-chance I'll get a discounted price.

Going to have to check how the new EA App operates on Linux as well, I guess - Even if the program works, there's a possibility that I can log in with my Microsoft account and just get it as part of the Game Pass sub anyway, as it's not inherently tied to UWP like the XBox App. But that's for another thread!

1 hour ago, Siri said:

Chicken Police has also been nixed from this month, too (apparently pushed to next month). I'll probably cancel this month on the off-chance I'll get a discounted price.

Going to have to check how the new EA App operates on Linux as well, I guess - Even if the program works, there's a possibility that I can log in with my Microsoft account and just get it as part of the Game Pass sub anyway, as it's not inherently tied to UWP like the XBox App. But that's for another thread!

If you have an active (or indeed paused currently sub) pause again and you will get a $4 discount before getting to the final cancel/pause option

The last two months they have emailed me about a week before the bundle ends to offer 50% off but to be honest the current bundle is well worth £6 even without Chicken Police so I've just accepted the $4 discount

3 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

Mass Effect is an Origin key, so not as painless as you might hope. 

Mass Effect is fine on Origin - I played the first two games earlier this year on Origin Pro and no real issues at all.

Even if you buy it on Steam it still needs Origin to be installed so just cutting out the middle man

Edit - oh on Steam deck - well I suspect the same applies as you need Origin to play it even on Steam so you'll need to find some way of installing Origin for it to be supported I guess

Looking at current Linux stuff, the general consensus is that the EA App can run through Lutris at the moment. I couldn't find any install scripts for the game itself (as Lutris has a function to push games to the Steam Library automatically for you), but OTOH installing non-steam games will be changing at a rapid pace now that units are out in the wild.

Anyway, like @dreamylittledream mentioned, I got offered $4 during the pause process, so £6 is reasonable for Desperados and Nick All-Stars.

A new bundle is up, Humble Heroines.

Scarlet Nexus

Gears 5

Bloodstained

Severed Steel

Celeste

Cloudpunk

Tacoma

all for £14.68, holy shit that is an excellent bundle imo

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/humble-heroines?utm_content=cta_button&mcID=102:621fb836533623630e6da8fb:ot:56c3de81733462ca8940ac0b:1&linkID=621fb836eef9d760ed214a4c&utm_campaign=2022_03_02_femaleprotagonist_bundle&utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_medium=email

41 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/best-boomer-shooters-bundle

Boomer shooter bundle: 

DUSK, AMID EVIL, ION FURY, HELLBOUND, PRODEUS, HROT, DREAD TEMPLAR, HEDON, PROJECT WARLOCK and ULTRAKILL.

It says that Prodeus and Ultrakill are discount coupons.

I'd say that's disappointing, but if it did have those games I'd be singing Humble's praises for months.

I'll pick the bundle up for HROT and Dusk, though. Both have been on my wishlist for a while.

5 minutes ago, Siri said:

I'd say that's disappointing, but if it did have those games I'd be singing Humble's praises for months.

I'll pick the bundle up for HROT and Dusk, though. Both have been on my wishlist for a while.

Been after Dusk for a while so the rest is a bonus at that price.   Prodeus is on PC Gamepass anyway and still only about a third complete in any event.

9 minutes ago, Siri said:

Yeah I was editing my post but then my game loaded in and I needed to run 😛

Prodeus is on Game Pass anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mad long shot here, but does anyone have a Steam key for Rust that they never used from the December 2015 Humble Monthly?

Hoping to buy 1 or 2 keys (for cheapish!) for my kids so we can play together but its out of my price range to do so at retail currently

2 hours ago, MotiVater said:

Mad long shot here, but does anyone have a Steam key for Rust that they never used from the December 2015 Humble Monthly?

Hoping to buy 1 or 2 keys (for cheapish!) for my kids so we can play together but its out of my price range to do so at retail currently

PM'd

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This month's humble choice:

Screenshot_2022-07-05-18-38-07-817_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.385e0448741c1eaf07a6704d93cd7de3.jpg

I'll have to check if Hired Gun works on the Deck, I have a bad feeling it doesn't. EDIT: verified as compatible!

If you haven't tried Deep Rock Galactic, though, it's well worth a go, especially with friends - had a hoot while it was on Game Pass. I think it still is, actually.

Oh shit, this is actually a really good month. Very keen to try out Hired Gun, and a bunch of games in genres I enjoy that I've not played previously (plus Deep Rock Galactic, which I've no interest in; and Legend of Keepers, which I already own and got a lot of enjoyment from).

• 4 weeks later...

This month:

IMG_20220802_184007.thumb.jpg.b729b9da2a7965140d346787bc06c875.jpg

Genuinely great month! I'm subbing so I can play Hot Wheels and have a copy of Ascent and Plague Tale on the Deck.

I've also watched people play Gas Station Simulator and it seems fun, so that's nice too.

I bought A Plague Tale when it was on sale a few days ago, and was eyeing up The Ascent. I should have just waited to this!

I might sign up for the Choice bundles again anyway though. It suddenly makes a lot of sense for the Steam Deck.

Genuinely good month again but Gamepass PC and the Amazon/Epic freebies are really hurting the value proposition of Humble if you have them.

I already played The Ascent and Omno on Gamepass 12 and 6 months ago respectively and Plague Tale is on there too (and has been an Epic freebie twice I think).

In Sound Mind actually sounds interesting but not worth the price of admission given I already have/played most of the games that would appeal to me.

My original 12-month sub has so far lasted nearly 3 years, and I still have 5 months left I think. I'm not fussed about the cost, because it was cheap enough, but as @dreamylittledream says, the value proposition is hurt by a lot of overlap with other offerings. And more than anything, I like the anticipation of what games will be included each month, though as evidenced, it has a poor hit-rate.