Ultimate Team

Timmo

Anyone else have a low DNF modifier? I think mine is 0.63, so I'm only getting 2/3 of the coins I should be getting. Except, in about 100 games, I've quit ONE game, right at the start, in the first 5 mins due to poor connection. I've never been booted or quit out of another. It's really annoying me now because it's seriously stalling my earning.

• 4 months later...

Ultimate Team has had some interesting developments over the last couple of days. EA took it all down, and when it came back every player had a minimum and maximum amount applied. This means that coin sellers are instantly out of business (you'd put a rubbish player up for £1,000,000 or whatever and they'd buy him from you for a fee) and has stopped inflation. It also means sales of EA points will go through the roof as everyone runs out of money. What they haven't done is make Ronaldo or Messi affordable or attainable. They both still cost millions and are effectively impossible to get unless you 1) pay EA lots of money and 2) luck out. (The chances of getting Ronaldo in a pack have been worked out to be around 1 in 12,000)

So in conclusion, shady coin sellers are gone which is good but EA's coffers grow yet further. Ultimate Team has gone from being DLC you paid for to their biggest earner. They could probably give FIFA away now and still make huge amounts of money.

The only things I'd criticise EA for are the ludicrously low chances of getting great players and the high cost of packs. If they levelled those out a bit I could only admire the monster they have created. Stories of people spending hundreds of pounds on points and not getting any good players are common.

Yeah, I decided as my addiction to this (which is on a par with CoD4 way back when) meant I wasn't playing any other games that I would spend £20 on packs, but after a bit of research found it was way better to use a coin seller, and basically made the best possible German league team with it (and still had loads left to make a couple more extremely good squads). I didn't help the whole inflation situation (Messi went from about £3m to £12m in a couple of months) but whatever. Paying the same amount to EA would get you a handful of good players.

Ultimate Team has had some interesting developments over the last couple of days. EA took it all down, and when it came back every player had a minimum and maximum amount applied. This means that coin sellers are instantly out of business (you'd put a rubbish player up for £1,000,000 or whatever and they'd buy him from you for a fee) and has stopped inflation. It also means sales of EA points will go through the roof as everyone runs out of money. What they haven't done is make Ronaldo or Messi affordable or attainable. They both still cost millions and are effectively impossible to get unless you 1) pay EA lots of money and 2) luck out. (The chances of getting Ronaldo in a pack have been worked out to be around 1 in 12,000)

So in conclusion, shady coin sellers are gone which is good but EA's coffers grow yet further. Ultimate Team has gone from being DLC you paid for to their biggest earner. They could probably give FIFA away now and still make huge amounts of money.

The only things I'd criticise EA for are the ludicrously low chances of getting great players and the high cost of packs. If they levelled those out a bit I could only admire the monster they have created. Stories of people spending hundreds of pounds on points and not getting any good players are common.

Is that one in every 12,000th pack has a Ronaldo or one in every 12,000th person packs Ronaldo?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got back into this the last few days, I've been picking up quality players for way less than they used to be. Managed to get an almost perfect Bundesliga team barring: Lewandowski, Neuer, Robben, Ribery & Alaba.

https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=eZVX0rZ3nLRpm:ps3

I've been getting bored of drubbing people with a 4-1-2-1-2 and wanted to include Ozil and Gotze in the same line up so I changed to a modified 3-4-3 (looks more like 3-6-1 on console). Using it I won 6-1 in what was the title winning game in Division 3, complete with a rage quit. I'll do more testing to work out the short falls but I recommend it so far.

Additionally, I still maintain that Mario Gomez is one of the best strikers in FIFA 15.

I've been playing UT again recently due to the ea access release. It is still the most satisfying and annoying gaming experience out there. No game gives such highs and lows.

Mr stock, has the price limiting really made a difference to the price of the top players? I only really play with bronze teams now so don't know.

It is really funny playing seasons in UT starting from the bottom division. I get matched against 5 star teams, with top players in, regularly and I always think my bronze mls side will struggle. Then I remember that my opposition are in div 8 for a reason. Most of them try and run their star player straight through my defence and have a defending approach that consists of running as many players towards the ball as possible at all times. I'm sure that having a top team makes people lazy and ruins their experience.

Got back into this the last few days, I've been picking up quality players for way less than they used to be. Managed to get an almost perfect Bundesliga team barring: Lewandowski, Neuer, Robben, Ribery & Alaba.

https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=eZVX0rZ3nLRpm:ps3

I've been getting bored of drubbing people with a 4-1-2-1-2 and wanted to include Ozil and Gotze in the same line up so I changed to a modified 3-4-3 (looks more like 3-6-1 on console). Using it I won 6-1 in what was the title winning game in Division 3, complete with a rage quit. I'll do more testing to work out the short falls but I recommend it so far.

Additionally, I still maintain that Mario Gomez is one of the best strikers in FIFA 15.

Neuer, Robben, Ribery & Alaba are the key players missing from my team! (Bloody expensive they are!) I love the 433 with a CF personally but Lewondowski is rubbish at that role, I end up wedging Reus in there as a LF.

Completely fell out with UT was my own fault for buying some coin on the cheap on Ebay, took away all the build up, that said all my packs I have ever opened on this have been utter gash! So building properly would have been incredibly frustrating a pack of 7.5k and you very very rarely see that same value or more back for it.

I just bounced from Prem, Ser, Liga, Bun and then flirted with Brazillian after all that its hard to get enthusiasm for a team.

My all Middlesbrough team is still my fave, but thats not as much UT as it is just building the boro team... :) Ayala, Tomlin and L Williams are personal faves.

I haven't spent anything on this years UT and had over 5 million coins at one point, i traded at the start to get about 500K from buying Gold squad fitness cards for 250 and selling them at 400/500, i stored a good 300/400 in my club when i could and my trade pile was full and then the prices of the card rose to about 1.2K in which i sold all of them for that.

Also, when the upgrades were coming out i had around 1.5 million coins (guessed number, can't remember what it was) from doing small trades and playing the game alot, selling my players when there price went up, buying the worser informs when they first came out and selling them when there price increased. I went on holiday during December so before i went i spent my 1.5 million coins on Otamendi IFs paying about 20/30K per one. He got a 2 rating upgrade from 81 to 83 and i sold each one for 80K.

I have probably spent 500K on packs and had nothing except for SIF Aubameyang, MOTM Atsu and Ribery in 3 consecutive packs (Alaba was also in the Ribery pack)

Then the price ranges came out and fucked me. SIF Aubameyang was 2.5 million when i packed him, sold him for 450K.

I now have a 4-3-2-1 Bundesliga team with Robben, Ribery (not the packed one, i already owned one) and Reus as my front 3 with Reus as the striker and a 4-3-2-1 Prem team with Hazard, 85 Sanchez and Cuadrado as my front 3 with Sanchez as my front 3.

But i haven't played in a while.

Not with informs. Take Sanchez for example, he has an 84 rated card with an 85 and 86 rated inform. He gets a 1 rated upgrade to make him 85. He remains with a 84 card but they're not in packs no more and you can now pack 85 rated Sanchez. But the informs automatically get an increase in rating. So the 85 IF becomes 86 and the 86 IF becomes 87. Basically a new card is released as a normal (gold) card. But a new card isn't released for the IF the rating just changes.

Clever! So you bought IF Otamendi knowing he was due a boost, his old golds dont get boosted but his IFs do.

So its a gamble on wether a player will get a standard boost due to good form in the near future and then that resale value rockets.

Have I got that right?

Yeh pretty much

The problem is the date of the upgrades aren't released so its a lot of waiting around after you bought them (I bought them 2 months before they were released cause i wasn't playing the game), but also the earlier you buy them the cheaper they are (their price starts to increase before the upgrade is released as others also anticipate that an upgrade is due.)

I doubt it will work next year due to the price ranges (or it won't be as effective)

Mr stock, has the price limiting really made a difference to the price of the top players? I only really play with bronze teams now so don't know.

I didn't notice massive differences in the top end players but Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Reus came down about 75% from when I last checked in January.

I have a spreadsheet (Carol Vorderman.jpg) that tracks my targets and prices, also calculates how much time I need to invest to get a player. It's safe to say that I'll be giving up on my Bundesliga team once I've got Alaba and Lewandowski, the others are ridiculous.

Cheers for the offer Steel but as was mentioned, it's near impossible to do cheap trades since the update. It seems that Lewandowski has been replaced on the catalogue loan list too.

In other news, I scored this absolute pearler in a 7-1 romp last night.

https://youtu.be/M4Aiu5rDR2I

Schurrle was deputising for Reus due to injury and made an amazing run before dropping the shoulder against the keeper.

Also Gomez count: 34 goals in 32 games and he's never missed a penalty.

I got hazard and got excited for a split second

Its hazards little brother, 75 rated :

Won the gold cup earlier on UT and beat a load of Spanish league teams with bale, neymar, Suarez, one with bale and neymar and ibra up front etc with my relatively cheap bpl team, Quick sold the gold pack I won as it was mostly crap and got 2k coins but was good to win it first try and beat a load of overpriced teams