IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

11 hours ago, gooner4life said:

I hit gold 3 on my 20th game.

Since lost the 21st and 22nd, having a break now to sleep as I’m working tonight, probably won’t finish but getting good results with my squad, Maldini has made a big difference, certainly in the first 20.

I ended up losing 8 in a row after this, possibly the worst run of losses I’ve had on Fifa ever.

13 hours ago, LiMuBai said:

So... this just happened... from a 2 for 1 Ultimate Pack... that I paid for with coins... on my first pack...

74C4E42E-3AFA-4E37-A850-C128A8561546.png

Fuck man, you are now up there with Gooner for Jammy pulls!!

As for me, quitting Fifa, I’ve decided I hate it, badly, with a passion. Hoping to sell my account on eBay.

The most confusing thing about this whole event is why people are completing the daily SBC's, I've made so much money off rubbish players.

Even though they have cheaper packs available to just buy. The one today is 8 Korea Rep players for a mixed rare pack. (Which is 2 bsg,) tis shite!

Finished on 21 wins. That purple patch when I was overly tired on Friday night ruined the possibility of Gold 1 for me. Still, I only need 21 wins next weekend for Gold 1 monthly, so there’s that. 

Btw, IF Ronaldo is immense! 12 games, 17 goals and 20 assists. Del Piero outscored him in those games but he’s certainly better than FUTMAS Musa.

2 hours ago, AlfromSleep said:

Thats my territory for a run without a win, did you manage to turn it around?

Yeah, i messed about with custom tactics a bit, then WLWLLL and then needed 9 wins from 9 for elite 3 won 7 in a row then lost to this 

He scored 2 early goals and then PTB and time wasting, some of the chances CR7 had saved were unreal.

3F21A882-6603-4453-A138-78C9252B8E1C.jpeg

28 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

You just have to go high pressure and use second man press aggressively to try and force a passing error, but it leaves you open to counter attacks.

How do you change to high pressure without the ball goingout of play (i.e can’t get into pause menu)?

just foul them?

I always finish the WL wondering where the losses went then realise that for all the close defeats I have equally close wins so I guess it all balances out. 

I need to get off to a better start on the Fridays, that’s when I usually have my worst run. Hoping that the addition of Sandro, Chiellini and Dybala help with that. I think my biggest problem is trying to push forward too much in games, it’s hard to resist doing it, especially when losing. 

Any thoughts on improving this team further? I have ~1.3m coins + ~600k in stuff I can sell.

I’ve thought about:

92 Maldini instead of Bailly

Replacing Herrera with either 88 Vieira, 90 Rijkaard or TOTY De Bruyne (leaves me a little more open defensively)

I think I’d rather buy a Prime Icon as opposed to crafting. I like that I have coins that I could theoretically get back in case I don’t get on with the purchase.

As lucky as packing my IF CR7 was, it’s made just as much difference in freeing up coins that were earmarked for a quality ST.

BE8FC29E-8AE0-47A1-8F10-6EB3B0867E43.jpeg

I'd get another icon in midfield, drop out Herrera and move Pogba across, so you can also replace Young with any LB in the game. 

But by the looks of it, you are a United Fan? So you may like the inform Young.

This thread is just full of silly teams. :o

Yes I’m a Utd fan... 

SIF Young has been excellent so far. A few issues with defending crossed at the back post as he’s a bit short, but tbh I have the same issue with Valencia. I have 85 IF Telles for LB who’s pretty good and a bit taller. 

I was looking at replacing Rui Costa until I got CR7, now I need him for the chem link.

As for silly teams... Del Piero, Rui Costa, Ferdinand and Herrera are untradeable SBC rewards, I packed Matthaus who I sold for De Gea. I brought Young for 90k on release (still worth it), and I saved up and paid top whack for Bailly and Valencia (well downnon value now).

My bench is pretty slim really: Gabriel Jesus, FUTMAS Musa, Lingard and Meunière, and IF Telles. I’ve always sold whoever I pack of value that doesn’t fit into my team, apart from when I knew I was doing the Prime Icon SBC’s.

Thursday or Monday, either would be absolutely fine by me! An extra 24 hrs to complete the games would give me an 4hrs sleep on a weekend.

I’ve kept 4 Ultimate Packs to open next time there’s a good TOTW. I’ll be saving all of my rewards again too, as next weeks TOTW isn’t lookin like it will be any good based off predictions