IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

I got the Rijkaard and Larsson loans myself... Rijkaard is an absolute monster, I might get him at some point.

Wish I could say the same about Larsson. He's a bit trash, needed a dribbling trait. Way, way outclassed by SIF Lozano, who's been insane for me.

On 18/02/2018 at 10:18, gooner4life said:

The tweet says it all, I never believed a team could get someone into top 100 until I played this Guy this morning, he was absolutely terrible but for the first half his team just refused to be tackled, Gullit was an absolute bulldozer, TOTY Ronaldo scored 3 from outside the box, I switched formation to 4222 and started bombarding him, scored 2, he couldn’t handle the passing and movement and he switched to PTB 5atb and starts time wasting from the 60th minute.

Of course it's pay to win! Why do you think my 77 rated team pretty much dominates every game? I rarely get outplayed yet I'm in division 4!

39 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

@Timmo @Pants McSkill do you guys think the market will rebound? Will players like Sanchez drop more or go back over 100k?

I’ve been keeping an eye on 85 Hernandez who dropped from 470k (when I bought him last week) to 385k in the space of 5 days but has slowly risen back to 420k today so there has been a bit of a recovery. That’s probably due to people not buying much during the WL though. 

92 Maldini has shot up nearly 100k since yesterday. I had to sell Nainggolan to get him. Also completed the Rijkaard SBC with pretty much club only items. So here’s my team for the foreseeable future:

49102C55-07A5-456D-9D0D-67DB8BF334A8.jpeg

I prefer to play Pogba on the left so he can finesse shots using his right foot, so if I don’t get on with him on the left I’ll put Young back in and swap Pogba back to the left.

It's probably a while before the next big promo event, which suggests a small rebound... but then there's the player base drop off that occurs from here on out, which would negate that (less people = less people buying cards = less demand = prices drop). Honestly, I'd be surprised if it changed massively either way.

To remind everyone that there are still relatively normal teams out there here is the setup I went for using the coins earned over the Lunar event.

3BACCABB-B69C-447D-894D-9190F3108ADC.thumb.png.c798b61e4e38993df677d403ad616129.png

Timo Werner’s base card is the the best striker I have used on Ultimate Team so  I simply had to try out his recent TOTW card. It went bringing in Gundogan who is actually very good considering his lack of real pace but also left me a problem at RW. Tried lots of variations but TOTW Yarmolenko looked like an absolute beast so will go with this for a while then sell up the TOTWs for any improvements I can make. Guys like Toure, Alonso and Rudiger could be improved upon but they are untradeables and have served me well for a while.

Played 1 game last night after finally getting the team organised and it was a 2-1 win with Werner getting both plus Gundogan and Yarmolenko getting the assists :) lovely! 

Just had a look what you can get for 100k now...

This team is very marginally worse than my main team! (1st min formation change to retain chemistry)

B6B97FBA-8EB1-495C-90F6-EA4DD9A3655D.thumb.png.a68c21f32c9fb325646de7df09a98bb3.png

F38A6DD7-AD0A-4E98-87DE-97EC80D32FF7.thumb.png.f8f8e37aedea8b9ddd06a1890644c70c.png

I’d seriously recommend that team for anyone in a rut. OP players throughout. 

That’s a hell of a good team for 100k!

If anyone has FUTMAS Herrera or Lingard, then even better. Dembele is great; tall, strong, good dribbler, well rounded. I used Dembele a lot at the start.

My first proper team I built was this:

I managed 18 wins in WL on my first attempt with that team. Then realised that I can’t do skills, so swapped to a 41212(2) and used Jesus and Lukaku up front and dropped Martial and Willian.

It’s stange that my team has MASSIVELY improved since then, but my results have only slightly improved. Instead of 18 wins, I now get 21-24 regularly. I just need that extra bit of skill (mine) to push on to Gold 1/Elite 3.

464903C9-9DB1-4C15-BEDE-C6A502F412DA.jpeg

They were good games @LiMuBai you are very difficult to break down and when it does happen your goalkeeper is broken :lol: the highlights at the end of the second game had the 3 goals and then 5 saves De Gea made plus the clearance off the line by Rio Ferdinand :o don't think i've ever seen that.

As I said last night, I think you have the makings of a good player, both games you had 4 shots, but you are excellent at putting pressure on and winning the ball, but you just kept doing it too deep so you were very isolated in attack, it's rare that you will score 2 from 4 shots, so you need to work on winning the ball higher and getting your midfield more involved past the halfway line, short term you will have to adjust and might lose a few, but in the long term i think you will go from gold 3/gold 2 to gold 1 comfortably.

On 2/19/2018 at 19:29, Steely said:

Treated myself with the bit of extra monies I got over the weekend! This is my new team for the next 37ish games. (Depending how I get on!)

Tempted to draft in Kante and Valencia for Moses and the Ox.

IMG_8264.thumb.PNG.c902f24299c0b4fea8070fcbbea97d08.PNGIMG_8265.thumb.PNG.f107cb4a245baac57602a613513bd9d3.PNG

I've sacked off the weekend league (After 2 whole efforts), its just a bit too onerous for me, I'm going to try and Join Timmo in achieving Division 1 glory.

8 Games in with this.

Overall this team has been so much fun. I've been mixing up my formation game to game depending on how its going, sticking with 4-3-2-1 for the most part, switching to the narrow diamond when its just not working for me.

GK - I started with Van Der Sar but dropped him for Yashin after 5 games. I haven't been overly impressed with either to be honest, I'm looking forward to bringing Courtois back into the fold. (I just want to see out these loans to spite myself.)

DEF - Fucking love Kouli and Azpi! I've still got Moses, haven't had any issues with him so far apart from him popping up on the LW to score one game which was a bit concerning! Ghoul has been a bit of a non entity, I'd drop him for Alex Sandro, but long term I'm going back to Courtois so may aswell stick with Ghoul who has been solid if unspectacular. The amount times Kouli and Azpi have used there pace to recover and then just shoulder barger the attacker into oblivion is just amazing.

MID - I've put a Catalyst card on Chamberlain and just decided to start seizing the gaps and running with him from midfield, he is causing mayhem for me at the minute as defenders keep coming out to meet him, opening up gaps all over the place (I just cant drop him for Kante now, he has probably been my best player!). Rijkaard as others have pointed out is just a juggernaut, he is closing gaps all over the place, and as soon as he gets close the opposition there is only one winner in a 50/50. Hamsik has been good, popping up with most of my midfield goals so far.

ATT - I can see what you mean about Larsson, Timmo. After 2 games he was doing absolutly nothing for me, he felt so heavy, expecially when you have players like Perisic and Salah around him, really shows him up on the dribbling front. Sheva is having a good spell for me, his movement and close control in the box is bringing the goals but he has been nothing to get exciting about!

Its all happy days so far as I swooped the Division 3 Title in those 8 games. But my next post will be me pissing pants listing who I have dropped as I didnt fair to well in Div 2 last time out! Hence me having to do Division 3 again.

I've got 500k burning a hole int he pocket, but not sure where to spend it just yet.

Sorry to derail the TOTW chat (let’s be honest it has already received 2 more posts than it deserves, one of the worst yet) but is Larsson really that bad @Timmo and @Steely? :(

Werners IF is an absolute joy to play with so would hate to trade him up for an inferior striker in Larsson. Oh and Yarmolenko BEAST! 6ft 2in, ridiculous pace and his shooting coming in off the right wing on his left foot is incredible. If I had CR7 on the left wing I would never need another player!

Werner has speed dribbler, Larsson doesn’t. He’s a good finisher but quite weak and doesn’t feel quick on the ball. Is his loan not available anymore?

There’s one other way you can try him - start a single player friendly against Steely or me (although he’s out of my team so Steely is better) and switch so that you control Steely’s team. This method lets you try anyone.