Ultimate Team

Timmo

This game is so bloody frustrating, players can go from world beaters to whoppers in a matter of seconds.

My OTW Salah was sensational for me in the first 30 games, but in the last 15 he has been awful, cant shoot, cant pass and just getting muscled daily and nightly. When I first started with him, he was scoring for fun and couldn't be pushed off the ball, he would just rebound and stick to it. Really bloody frustrating, I refuse to sell him at the minute though at around 500k I think when the news about TOTS comes out hopefully that price will rocket?

Again the game just being frustrating, I was on a great run in Division 1, starting the campaign with 6 wins. Then I play a game against someone playing 5-2-1-2 counter attack and my team crumbled, He was defending by just picking up a CDM and looking to block passing options with that player whilst holding the ball press. But it was ridiculous, when I ask my players to press the ball they will shuffle over towards the ball, usually taking a scenic route and by the time the get to the ball they might stick a lazy left foot out, depending how they feel. But this guy! His players were right up my arse, I couldn't move, couldn't pass round them, couldn't dribble round them., it was like the pressing of old . I then went onto lose my next 2 games, strangely 1 of those games again was against the 5-2-1-2. (a formation I very rarely come across.)

The most frustrating thing of all, his team was bang average and I couldnt touch them, makes you question the point of putting in the effort to bring a good team together when a normal Mane and Van Dijk can make your OTW Salah and Prime Blanc (loan) look like a pair of chumps for 90 minutes. You know what, I really fucking hate this game sometimes.

Its just a bloody game, yet I'm still fuming 12 hours laters :lol:  I need to get a couple of wins to give me the good feels back and then put it away for a few weeks I think, for my own sanity.

20 minutes ago, Steely said:

This game is so bloody frustrating, players can go from world beaters to whoppers in a matter of seconds.

My OTW Salah was sensational for me in the first 30 games, but in the last 15 he has been awful, cant shoot, cant pass and just getting muscled daily and nightly. When I first started with him, he was scoring for fun and couldn't be pushed off the ball, he would just rebound and stick to it. Really bloody frustrating, I refuse to sell him at the minute though at around 500k I think when the news about TOTS comes out hopefully that price will rocket?

Again the game just being frustrating, I was on a great run in Division 1, starting the campaign with 6 wins. Then I play a game against someone playing 5-2-1-2 counter attack and my team crumbled, He was defending by just picking up a CDM and looking to block passing options with that player whilst holding the ball press. But it was ridiculous, when I ask my players to press the ball they will shuffle over towards the ball, usually taking a scenic route and by the time the get to the ball they might stick a lazy left foot out, depending how they feel. But this guy! His players were right up my arse, I couldn't move, couldn't pass round them, couldn't dribble round them., it was like the pressing of old . I then went onto lose my next 2 games, strangely 1 of those games again was against the 5-2-1-2. (a formation I very rarely come across.)

The most frustrating thing of all, his team was bang average and I couldnt touch them, makes you question the point of putting in the effort to bring a good team together when a normal Mane and Van Dijk can make your OTW Salah and Prime Blanc (loan) look like a pair of chumps for 90 minutes. You know what, I really fucking hate this game sometimes.

Its just a bloody game, yet I'm still fuming 12 hours laters :lol:  I need to get a couple of wins to give me the good feels back and then put it away for a few weeks I think, for my own sanity.

It’s the worst Fifa they have ever made.

On 31/03/2018 at 02:06, gooner4life said:

If any of you have 1mil sitting around, buy TOTY Harry Kane he’s the best striker I’ve used on FUT full stop.

Ha I just sold him, hes great and powerful but too slow versus someone like Griezmann, and I have the 90 Rooney card for my power shots now, but playing 4312 I need to think about a Striker that will work along side Rooney now?

Maybe Lacazette?

7 minutes ago, hannay said:

TOTS Card won't change the OTW card Steely. (It's only IFs that do this I think)

Oh for fuck sake, you god damn son of a bitch. (Thanks for the heads up Hannay :D

I might just hold onto him a little longer anyway, If I sell him now I'll rage spend all my monies on 7.5k packs :lol:

Edit: Major regrets getting Toure over Rooney, he is a lump, where as Rooney is the tank you would have expected Yaya to be. And everybody has the Rooney!

28 minutes ago, Steely said:

My Rooney has started doing this now, every shot yesterday that he took rather than rip through the net, flew up into orbit, and I mean every shot! And I'm not doing anything different!

I don't think I have held onto a an Attacker I could sell for longer than around 30 games, its like you get that new players boost and then they seem to fade very fast, But I refuse to believe there is anything clever behind it like them being nerfed overtime, EA just aren't that clever right!? Has to be all in my head right.. maybe I'm overdoing it on the Salah when I should be treating him like any other player and stop trying to be such a worldie. :unsure:

@gooner4life imagine what Ronnies in form is going to be like!? Phwoar.

I played my two games last night and won, with Salah scoring all the goals :lol: Feel much better now. *Phew*

I did my first ever untradable upgrade last night for an 82-85 pack because I was a bit bored and came out with an 87 In form Arnautovic :huh: that'll do!

The cards on offer for this new event dont really get my motor going but I do like these kind of events, especially when they include fun weekly objectives or dailly knock outs to get the rewards.

33 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

What swap deals thing?

Log on and find out! :lol:

You can earn special Swap player cards (DKT, SBC’s, Objectives...) and then use them to trade in against any of the pack or player SBC’s EA released: 

2 cards for 84 CDM Henderson

4 cards for 86 CAM Cazorla

7 cards for 90 ST Ibrahimovic 

10 cards for an Ultimate Pack

11 cards for 91 ST Alexis Sanchez

Others are available 

I didn’t say for good, I said until the WC mode, I’ve won division 1, can get elite on the weekend league easy, there was nothing for me to do, I can’t really improve my team, so with the lack of league SBC’s etc there was nothing to do, if they are giving players in the DKT and for challenges it gives me something to do again.

As an aside, I won Negredo in 18 minutes all 4 people rage quit, didn’t concede a goal and scored 12.