IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

Go into Team Management, then press L2.

You can edit what tactics are assigned to each of the five 'mentality' settings - Ultra Defensive, Defensive, etc.

Obviously they don't have to be ultra defensive or whatever.

You access these in game with the left and right on the d-pad, the same way you went defensive or attacking in previous Fifas.

I'm quite enjoying pissing round with all the different tatical settings.

5 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Go into Team Management, then press L2.

You can edit what tactics are assigned to each of the five 'mentality' settings - Ultra Defensive, Defensive, etc.

Obviously they don't have to be ultra defensive or whatever.

You access these in game with the left and right on the d-pad, the same way you went defensive or attacking in previous Fifas.

I'm quite enjoying pissing round with all the different tatical settings.

When I try left and right on the d-pad during a game it just changes my trainer settings ...

1 hour ago, Mitchell said:

When do we think the new app will be released? What free shit will we get for being such loyal FUT users?

If I match my starter pack on 18 that contained Nainggolan (opened while walking around Asda last year) I’ll be delighted but not expecting a repeat of that!  

How did you guys manage to complete even half of the weekend league games? I would need to stay up to around 4am each night / morning to get anywhere near that played and even then that would involve a regimented approach where my results would surely suffer after 4 or 5 matches in a row.

I am going to try and save all the coins I get for at least a month so that I can get a foothold in the transfer market and hopefully make those coins work for me over a few months. Starting with a Premiership team will likely triple the cost of a squad but hopefully a couple of quality players being acquired early will provide the foundations for a decent 11. Lots of nationality options like the ones mentioned above but suppose it all depends what kind of player drops everyone gets in those early packs.

Standard digital version for me and any spare cash can go toward a few packs. I am worried though that the precedent set last year with lots of untradeable rewards means any early packs we get for 'loyalty', etc. is going to lead to a lot of players we have to recycle into SBCs rather than sell. Ultimate Team has become too much of a monster now though so there is no point complaining about it. Perhaps this year I will finally save up enough coins to get Henrik Larsson :(

I’ll be refreshing my browser all day in anticipation of the web app going live, then it’s the slow process of trying to grind coins on it daily until the game comes out. 

I hope you all pull Messi or Ronaldo from your starter packs (it will be more like Bas Dost however)

30 games is great news, I was hoping they’d add an extra day but it’s unlikely. 

My start up team will be wherever my packs guide me.

30 is a lot more reasonable so I'll be more likely to give it a go, I'll still never clock 30 like.

The other rumor going through the mill is that packs will show a high level % of what kind of player ratings a pack will give you? Example, Normal Rare gold pack is 5% chance of getting an 84+.

52 minutes ago, Steely said:

My start up team will be wherever my packs guide me.

Ditto. I'm going to attempt to stay away form buying any big players for the first couple of months. Last year I dropped 16k on regular Son only to see him drop to about 3k in three weeks, mainly thanks to his IFs.

Grind my way up to Ronaldo is the plan.

Of course,  we'll see how that goes and if I can stick to it...

2 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

And a reminder to everyone: The Web App goes live today at some point. Make sure you log in every day, even if you're not trading or doing anything. You get daily rewards for dong so, sometimes as much as 2k coins,  which are incredibly useful when the game goes live.

I'm going to be on PS4 now, but I've been using Xbox. Can I swap on web app?

I don't currently have a PS4 club for fut. Can I create one on the web app?

1 hour ago, Steely said:

The other rumor going through the mill is that packs will show a high level % of what kind of player ratings a pack will give you? Example, Normal Rare gold pack is 5% chance of getting an 84+.

This isn't a rumour, it's starting to get enforced by international gambling laws...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-18-heres-how-pack-odds-disclosures-in-fifa-19-works

Apparently the Web App goes live at 6pm tonight (BST).