IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

When do you get the choice of players? Is that the initial steps where it asks you about the Nationality you want your packs to be weighted toward or something else?

EDIT - Found the SBCs. Just done all of the ones that need a few bronze players each but haven't opened the layer pick packs yet. That definitely wasn't available in 18 so a nice addition to get you started.

No, the reward just says 'choice of 5 players, all Gold, Max 80'.  I think there are 4 early SBC's: 1 GK pick, 1 CB, 1 midfielder and one attacker.  Open the pack and it shows you the 5 players to choose from. 

If you're not sure and need to look at your team, just don't click anyone and go back to your squad...it looks like the pack has been redeemed, but if you try to open another one, it says something like 'Your previous player was not chosen, please choose now before continuing.'  I thought I had a double, but wasn't sure, so had to go back and went through all this!

29 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

When do you get the choice of players? Is that the initial steps where it asks you about the Nationality you want your packs to be weighted toward or something else?

It's for the Let's Move Forward SBC.  They look like this:

Untitled.thumb.png.08d0e5fef552678e75f8ff2e1b43b43e.png

The 4 players of choice is 80 and under, it seemed like it was just an option of one from each league. I just pumped mine into all prem.

I bought some players earlier @Mitchell and they didnt show in my squad, I had to log out and in before they appeared. Might the same for the objective.

That’s packs spread out over months isn’t it Al? Suppose the packs available just now on the game are pure shite and EA know folk will still buy them anyway so no need for promos. Makes the ultimate edition more appealing as you are getting the better packs for your extra cash.

Im not sure what version I am going for yet, all depends on some funds waiting to clear but will be digital whatever I end I doing.

10 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

That’s packs spread out over months isn’t it Al? Suppose the packs available just now on the game are pure shite and EA know folk will still buy them anyway so no need for promos. Makes the ultimate edition more appealing as you are getting the better packs for your extra cash.

Im not sure what version I am going for yet, all depends on some funds waiting to clear but will be digital whatever I end I doing.

Yeah man, 2 packs per week for 20 weeks, I got a reasonable haul from them last year. 

Fuck, that isn’t too bad.

Scraped a French / Ligue 1 team together which should serve me ok for a couple divisions but hopefully acquire some coins and improved players early on. Doesn’t show up very well through the web app on phone but it’s a decent start.

866C939C-4310-49D3-98BE-A520AFEFE7F0.thumb.png.068c233652d81d76c6a9f8d93df1be48.png

I’ve managed to bag a few quality budget players that will be good for the first few divisions (Soares, Juan Jesus and Alex Teixeira) until I’ve got more coins to load my squad a bit more.

Packed one of my favourites from FIFA 17, Inaki Williams, from one of the SBCs so he’ll be a good option off the bench. 

DFB53B80-CD1A-487E-ABD3-51916A06CC9C.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jerec said:

How have you guys got so many Golds already?

I got fuck all to put a team together with?!

According to the leaderboards, I've made a 13.5k transfer profit, so I must have been lucky with some of the packs. I just didn't notice anyone any good....there were only some middling 1-2k sales.  The SBC's allowed me to sell a further few benchers, netting me Bonaventura.  Spent 2 hours this morning making sure I got the best deals!  

This will do for now, nothing else I can do.  I've got a bench full of players too, but literally nothing left of any value (but a ton of fitness and contract cards).  

Untitled.thumb.png.087c0a0517a8ccd3dc2057a749f0f466.png

Yeah I've seen loads, its just so all us poor suckers see it and think "Damn if he can get one, so can I!" and we spend stupid amounts of money to do it, and we don't get those pulls.

I got a 91 Ronaldinho Icon, prob my best pull in F18, but it wasn't cheap.

14 minutes ago, Jerec said:

Yeah I've seen loads, its just so all us poor suckers see it and think "Damn if he can get one, so can I!" and we spend stupid amounts of money to do it, and we don't get those pulls.

I got a 91 Ronaldinho Icon, prob my best pull in F18, but it wasn't cheap.

You can spend thousands and not pack anything of worth or you can pack a prime icon in your starter packs, it’s just luck at the end of the day.