IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

My current mission is to keep my existing team for as long as possible, until the coin boosts run out. Currently on my second 1000 x 10 so still plenty left. After that, it's onto the advanced SBCs (I've finished a few of the cheaper challenges already) so hopefully they pay out in good cards like they did on occasion last year. 

As as far as the game goes, this is my most enjoyable online FIFA experience in years, the game, despite a few niggles, has been really fun so far and I've not taken any hammerings yet which is always a bonus! Scored two direct free kicks in the last two days, this is unheard of in my club!

15 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

Come join me and Timmo.

Well, don't join in with Timmo's pack luck. That sucks.

I got £10 credit and nearly spent it on points, but bought Hollow Knight, a 60+ hour extremely high rated game, instead. The value for money with FIFA points is appalling.

Plus with only a little effort you can get the equivalent in coins really quickly.

46 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I got £10 credit and nearly spent it on points, but bought Hollow Knight, a 60+ hour extremely high rated game, instead. The value for money with FIFA points is appalling.

Plus with only a little effort you can get the equivalent in coins really quickly.

Timmo do you play PC now or something? I gots mighty excited reading your post only to discover Hollow Knight ain't out on PS4 (Spring 2019).

I had to use players I packed, so they already had loyalty, then built around them.

I could be full of shit but you need to work the combos who have the same club team, same nation.

Combos you need:

ST>ST (Eiber Combo is an easy one, high rated too.)

RB>RM

LB>LM

CM>CM

CB>GK

CB

And if you have 5 Loyalty in there, then its done. *I THINK* :unsure:

(Yeah 10 games will get the loyalty, maybe even a sub appearance.)

1 hour ago, Jerec said:

If  anyone has or pulls Percy Prado (Bronze 60) he is going for 5k and up

I've sniped 4 so far under 2k

GREATT!!!!!!

Now the market has suddenly been flooded with Prado's and my investment has gone to shit!!! :facepalm:

You don't need to actually play to get loyalty on a player, there's a trick.

Start a game against the team of the week. Make sure it kicks off. Press PS button, go to network settings, switch off internet then back on, go back to the game. It will have kicked you back to the main menu. Check your player and he should have a game added. Repeat x 10.

14 minutes ago, Timmo said:

You don't need to actually play to get loyalty on a player, there's a trick.

Start a game against the team of the week. Make sure it kicks off. Press PS button, go to network settings, switch off internet then back on, go back to the game. It will have kicked you back to the main menu. Check your player and he should have a game added. Repeat x 10.

Not that I'm fussed, but you get a loss strike though right?

6 hours ago, MardiganX said:

So with that confirmed, am I right in thinking that pace is not the all powerful tool it used to be? Even with yards of a head start I am finding players like Coman getting caught by much slower defenders or my defenders catching guys they have no right to get close to. It seems to be a result of players taking weird touches when sprinting with the ball or slowing down to automatically shield the ball even when an opponent isn’t close enough to really threaten them. As I said, no expert so someone please tell me if I this is true and I should be swapping Gameiro for Giroud or Benzema :)

I can sometimes get away from defenders with a couple of well timed double/triple flicks of the right stick? 

Also, I find the stupidly hollywood ball attempt at a cross field through ball, diagonally across the pitch works fairly well, aiming at your wingback or opposite striker (if he's nippy).  Get in loads of space then.  

6 hours ago, Steely said:

I'm already doubting my La Liga choice.

There is a reason I never stick with a La Liga team! Bunch of noodles.

Get in Serie A!  Loads of beasts at the back, decent all round wingbacks, great CDM's, athletic, agile CM's, great CAM's, awesome strikers...and a long game too, if you want to aim for Dybala/Ronaldo/Sandro/Hamsik/Naingollan/Matuidi/Chiellini/Mertens/etc.