IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

56 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

I wasn't having much joy with anything, it would be fine for 1 or 2 games but then i'd feel very exposed by somebody else's tactics, so i switched off player instructions and set everything to balanced, it seem's better to me.

What formation you rocking?

I'm not winning, so don't listen to me about tactics, but I seem to lose the least with 433 variations.

The 433 (4) is my favourite, late last night I experimented with starting in a 541 formation then switching in-game so one of the CBs is RCM,  and then LCM is someone with high def workrate. I'd love one of you guys who's actually good at the game to try this and see if you can get it working.

8 minutes ago, Steely said:

@Pants McSkill

Throwback Thursday tomorrow? Maybe we see our first set of icons? And see player values of 84+ and Inform Cards bump up as a result?

Very possibly.

We'll definitely see the next lot of Marquee Matchups, CL MM's having seemingly taken Tuesday night spots. The CL MM's only last two days which would seem to confirm this.

And I'd bet money the next international break will see International MM's on a Tuesday.

Either way, don't sell any 84+ cards before Friday. Over the next couple of days we have Division Rival rewards coming - which puts tens of thousands of coins into most people's pockets.

And Friday people will be building Weekend League teams. So all good players being in demand + loadsa spare cash = price rises.

I think I’ve done enough to secure rank 1 in rivals for this week without having to play any more games so that’s a healthy coin boost (58k) for my total.

No Fut Champs for me this weekend but will be in the grind next one for sure. 

Formation wise, I’m using the 4-3-3(4) with both CMs set to stay back (Paulinho and Allan who have amazing stamina so can track back all game long). I set my depth to 3 and keep my wingers wide and the CAM to free roam. Striker stays central and makes runs behind. If goals are needed hit the extra striker quick tactic on the dpad which puts the CAM into the box when attacking. 

This game plan has been working well since I got Paulinho in to add extra security in midfield and really allows my forwards to attack loads. It’s resulted in my best goal return in FUT (albeit div 5) without taking loads of thumpings. Weekend league will be the best test of it though 

4 hours ago, Steely said:

I am struggling big time, cant settle on a formation or tactics for the life of me.

I just seem to be having all the possession but really struggling to back down a congested back line, constantly finding my self trying to pass it around the edge of the box with zero joy then when I lose the ball I'm just getting counter attacked. Conceding mostly from crosses.

I going to have to go pure filth and join the masses and play a narrow deep team and spring the counter attack. :seanr: 

Anyone any further along with finding there tactical/formation sweet spot?

I was having similar issues, but I've had a fiddle and settled on 433, then set my attacking to fast build ups with my wingers making runs in behind, and my full backs and middle CM set to stay back when attacking. I probably give a couple more chances against than I did before, but my wide CMs join in the attack much more readily, either getting in the box themselves or creating space for my forwards.

I got a few games in with Ben Yedder and Lucas last night, and both were great - if anyone gets a chance, give them a go.

3 hours ago, tenrou said:

It's the keepers and player bugs for me.  I've had warping players and the keeper diving is atrocious.  I had the bug twice in a game where they won't dive.  They run out like they are going to pick up the ball and then bug out so they just bounce against the ball and stay in the coming out position.  It's pretty much unplayable for me just now. It actually really pisses me off.  This is a 90 pound game and it's just trash to play.  Half the time the games don't complete and half the time players bug out in some way.  It's proper unacceptable.

Half your games don’t complete??? I’ve had the keeper once just run out and let the ball bounce off him for the other guys striker to tap in and the not moving to make a save but it’s not every game and I’ve not had issues with players teleporting or games not completing

That's the thing I'm sure people have been fine so the one's that get problems are all getting the shit end of the stick.  Feels bad.

I had one game last night where which the keeper twice did that run out and bump in the ball but not pick it up.  Opponent scored both times, Lost 3 to 2.  Proper infuriating.

2 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

New TOTW https://www.futbin.com/19/totw/TOTW3.

I'm aiming to get Neto in my team this week, but there's some great looking cards for other leagues there.

Same here, I’ve been using his normal card and he’s been really good so far so the IF version would be a nice addition. Will see if my division rivals coin reward is enough to pick him up. 

2 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

Same here, I’ve been using his normal card and he’s been really good so far so the IF version would be a nice addition. Will see if my division rivals coin reward is enough to pick him up. 

I'd do the same, but I've got those reserved for Lemar OTW. I'll have to get trading again, was hoping for a break.

55 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I'd do the same, but I've got those reserved for Lemar OTW. I'll have to get trading again, was hoping for a break.

Neto IF is on board, 38k so less than half of my coin total. Standard version is 6.8k so will get double back on what I paid 

20 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

Neto IF is on board, 38k so less than half of my coin total. Standard version is 6.8k so will get double back on what I paid 

Yeah, I was expecting him to be way more so I sold Navas and got him in. 35k on Xbox.