IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

1 hour ago, jimmmUK said:

So this is my current team: 

876510777_ScreenShot2018-10-17at14_20_16.png.4d3fe4cad53732020043219f09c81bb9.png

Thoughts on where I can improve? 

Have Higuain OTW who's selling for 204,000 and Miranda CL who's selling for 80,000 on the bench - as they've been cut from my team. This along with my coins (after EA tax on the 2 transfers) would mean I have 350,000 to change things up..

Handanovic is great in goal, I think he's much better than Neto - you could throw him in, and use Miranda ahead of Gabriel for a strong link. This should also push Nainggolan to full chemistry as well.

Other than that, start saving for Icons I guess.

@Keiths_Dad I have Miranda on the bench, his CL card. Not having much luck with him unfortunately - finding him a bit sluggish and slow, which against agile players is not a good mix.

I was thinking of changing Nainggolan to Dybala...but not sure if that's too attacking as his defensive stats are very weak?

2 hours ago, jimmmUK said:

@Keiths_Dad I have Miranda on the bench, his CL card. Not having much luck with him unfortunately - finding him a bit sluggish and slow, which against agile players is not a good mix.

I was thinking of changing Nainggolan to Dybala...but not sure if that's too attacking as his defensive stats are very weak?

See, I'm loving normal Miranda, but I think with defenders it's just about finding what you're comfortable with - for instance, I tried Koulibaly, supposedly one of the best in the game, and thought he was a big pile of shite.

Dybala's worth a try, I'm playing 433 and find that I'm not relying on the wide CMs to defend anyway, so it doesn't matter too much what their stats are like. He'd have strong links to Sandro and Costa, too.

In contrast I am really enjoying it and so far not feeling the predictable nature of FIFA 18. What's nice is my low rated players aren't utter trash as they have been in other games, Texeira for example is 79 rated and has scored 26 in 38 games with 12 assists, all online.

I've never been a brilliant FIFA player, those days ended after changing from PES, but im finding this a 'fairer' game. It's interesting gooner and you both aren't loving it but are both really good at FIFA usually.

After the mini tourney I went on a great run in Div 5 of Rivals. 4 wins, 1 draw. The tweaks to my team and custom formation seem to be paying off :)

On the topic of Rivals, I've been reading on Reddit that a number of players from the higher divisions are using a glitch where you score own goals and get relegated down multiple divisions. Why - well because it's easier to get a higher rank lower down and the rewards for a high rank lower down are on par with a lower rank in a higher division. Strange. But may be why you come across a worldy of a player in a lower division.

I had a traumatic time tonight until I tinkered with custom tactics. Ended up with a solution that worked for me where I'd go all out attack from the start to get the goal and then immediately set up defensive tactics. Ended a stupid run of 3-2 endless defeats with  basic tactics followed by a string of wins. Morally I feel bad but needs must. 

On a run of 11 defeats in a row (including our mini tournament).

Completely questioning the team and tactics and trying a million things every new match now. I have no fucking clue how to play this game.

And finding info of how to get better, anywhere, is a fucking fruitless hunt.

All the youtube vids are 'New SECRET OP MOVE' rather than actual useful fundamentals.

Also pretty bored of facing much better teams than mine every single game... Mine's 83 rated too. It's hardly a bronze hybrid.

One thing I picked up recently is actually using the tackle button again. It feels like you can press if once you get the opponent in a decent range then your defender just seems to power through them to take the ball. (It seems to work better from behind when they are receiving the ball as your player just barges through them. I've stopped standing off now aswell, just hunting the ball 90% of the time, usually with a midielder/attacker, never bringing those defenders out from the backline.)

I'm on a flat midfield 3 at the minute enjoying it much more, gonna invest some proper money into my team now.

4 minutes ago, Steely said:

One thing I picked up recently is actually using the tackle button again. It feels like you can press if once you get the opponent in a decent range then your defender just seems to power through them to take the ball. (It seems to work better from behind when they are receiving the ball as your player just barges through them. I've stopped standing off now aswell, just hunting the ball 90% of the time, usually with a midielder/attacker, never bringing those defenders out from the backline.)

I'm on a flat midfield 3 at the minute enjoying it much more, gonna invest some proper money into my team now.

Also remember to use L2 to nudge them off the ball if they are running next to you.

Ooft, great team @mackenie!  

How's that POTM Hazard? I'd love him, but can't bring myself to spend all those coins on an untradeable.

Think I'm going to save and get Neymar instead to replace my Costa. Need about another 200,000 coins though - so going to a few weeks yet. 

Honestly I did ok with the loan version but not amazing, fact is i'm a sucker for an SBC and did it for significantly under 700k due to getting players early / already having them. I also justified it to myself if you look at the value of the packs and how much IF Hazard costs, really it was just an expensive luxury because i'm such a baller lol.

I haven't yet played with IF Hulk yet but hoping he's sweet, also haven't tried Firminho or this formation so looking forward to the WL

35 minutes ago, mackenie said:

Look on the bright side. I'm clearly compensating for my small penis

Screenshot_2018-10-18-10-21-01.png

I've faced a few teams like that.

It certainly didn't feel small.

I take it you play 433(5) in game? What tactics do you run?

I'm thinking of giving it a go.

3 minutes ago, hannay said:

I think the problem with the hazard card is that he'll get a few more TOTW appearances and the 93 card will be bettered sooner rather than later.

But if he gets another POTM you will deffo need this card for it.

I can live with the 93 version LMAO, also @Pants McSkill i was running 4-3-3 with the LF and RF option, but I found myself at sea in half of my games (think this might just be the way this version plays).

I've had a change in the hopes of some control over my performances, but when I'm the one with the superstar team and get beat by the average joes I do a little cry.

Oh Also!

As Scream cards hit packs tomorrow, plus this week's TotW is well tasty, AND cards being cheaper this morning... might not be a bad idea to do some SBCs and store packs to open at the weekend.

Have a hunt on Futbin and see if any league SBCs are cheap, and probably a good time to do the Advanced SBCs if you haven't already.