IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

Due to a bit of trading I've gone prem early on for the first FIFA ever...

So expensive...

552823269_Screenshot2019-10-03at18_43_06.png.5f3e358e5695bcfd89b7bfd8b2233492.png

I think Lindelof is massively underpriced! Matches or beats Sanchez in most stats other than strength, which really doesn't matter that much, and he's way better on the ball and at passing, plus better reactions at a 40th of the price.

Just in case anyone's tempted by either Sanchez or Mkhitaryan OTW - just don't do it. They're not good cards, and there's a very good chance that by the time they get some in forms, you'll have much better players in those positions.

Save the 20k and buy some shitty in forms instead.

Can anyone help me out with tips for starting? I haven't played FUT for a couple of years and not sure how SBCs work - it seems to be a case of trading in 11 decent players for one good one? Is this worthwhile? Is there anything I may be missing?

Any advice appreciated.

10 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Just in case anyone's tempted by either Sanchez or Mkhitaryan OTW - just don't do it. They're not good cards, and there's a very good chance that by the time they get some in forms, you'll have much better players in those positions.

It's 22. 5k worth of packs though. I mean you might get dick all like I did. But if you are going to spend G on packs. You might aswell do it. And then you have a OTW ready for when the inevitable OTW is required for a SBC, though that may not be for some time...

I have put all my monies in the In form gamble, with a fuck load of 84 rated - Seria A - GK - Strakosha cards.

All picked up between 11k and 12k. That price will rise, its just a case of when a SBC comes along to trigger it. :ph34r: I am hoping it isnt a long term investment. I really want Bale.

15 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

But you get 2 packs for cheaper than you would if you bought them and a player.

Current Squad, which is infinitely better than my last squad.

632765768_Screenshot(6Oct201912_04_31).thumb.png.04168f5e0f3f7f1afa73e0be020ad8b2.png

Has led to 5 wins on the bounce with 4 rage quits. Benedetto is brilliant - 5 star weak foot ftw. My fullbacks are min-cost fodder, but they'll do for now. Could use a French League on my manager, but they cost nuff dollar.

I'll use this for a little while until I have enough coins to properly upgrade. Or I might wait and see what happens in SBC land this week.

Speaking of which...

We have Icon Swaps coming on Friday. I don't know what this is (no-one does) but EA made a lot of noise about making all Icons more playable and more accessible to more players.

Perhaps they'll work similar to how player swaps worked last Fifa.

The whole market is significantly lower than last year. No-one seems to have many coins - we haven't had any WL rewards yet and those coins boosts you used to get aren't in this version, which has reduced the amount everyone has drastically.

The two above points make me think that In forms might me a great thing to grab hold of while they are still cheap. You can currently pick up Cazorla and Oryazabal (both 84 rated, spanish, La Liga) for 13k. And Daley Blind, 85 rated, for 17k.

Last year, whenever 85 rated in-forms were needed for an SBC, they went through the roof. I just can't see how picking up a Blind is a bad idea if you're happy to hold him for a couple of weeks. 

I'd like one of those Sane's too - bundesliga IF, 83 rated, at 13k. But I don't quite have teh coins for all four of these guys.

Otherwise, I'm kinda just keeping most of the cards I'm getting from packs. There's a strong rumour we won't be getting League SBCs this year, and we've also had more SBC content than we had last year. So god knows what's coming.

Also Pant was saying with IF’s, we will have Aubameyang POTM dropping soon, that will 100% need some higher rated IFs, 86-88 rated teams I reckon, get in there and mop up.

Some ridiculous prices. Just sniped Brozovoic 84 for 12000! My TL is fully stocked!

53CE1D7B-81E7-4295-BC18-77B47A22E117.jpeg

I had a shocker, started at 8-5 then lost 5 on the bounce. I figured that Gold was gone at that point, so I sold up to try a Serie A team that I'd been knocking around in my head, which saw an uptick in form, and left me on 11 wins with 6 left to play. My loan Icon for buying the twat edition (I'm weak) was Gullit, so I threw him in to get me over the line, but while he's great, I'm not, so I finished on 12 wins with 1 game remaining.

I'm now left with a team I don't like and no idea what team I'd like to build. If I sell up, I'll have around 300k, so I'm thinking I might forget about weekend league for now, build a basic team to do objectives and grind some rivals rewards out, and focus on trading for the foreseeable. Ultimately, I'd love to build a team around the various Liverpool legends available, but I'll need a fuckton of coins to make that happen.

The prices are all over the place at the minute, I do wonder what the Icon swaps is going to do to the Market if anything, I am assuming it is like FUT swaps, so a mix of challenges and SBCs, but will the SBCs require much high ratings or TOTW players this time round? Hopefully, because I've invested in loads. :lol:

Last year the icon SBCs always propped up the Market which just isnt happening at the moment and EA have already confirmed we wont see player specific SBCs  come back, thats why you can get get 88 Rated Cavani for 18k, I dont think 88 rated players ever dropped below 30k last year.

I've moved away from the Prem for now, too expensive. Cavani and Depay up top FTW for 30k! Bargain.

They arn't necessarily investments for that but they have to be required for something sooner or later!  In the unlikely scenario they wont be required for anything then its not a massive risk as they are all bought near minimum price anyway.

No league SBCs though!? I dont like where this is going. Maybe they are ousting the market side of the game completely. :ph34r: I play the market more than the bloody game.