IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

Last day of TOTW 3 for anybody investing. Unfortunately, the Walcott SBC seems to have thrown a spanner in the works, as 84-rated players have seen a price increase that won't drop until after they are out of packs. At ~14k a pop, any investment represents a risk.

However, I still think Blind is a solid buy if you can get him at 17k, and looking a bit higher, Ndidi is worth a look at about 60k - he's at 68k right now, but that should fluctuate through the day.

I'm talking Xbox prices BTW, I imagine the players worth looking at won't change but the market rate will be different. Keep an eye on FUTbin if you are investing today.

Anyone else struggling with the Week 2 Gold Objectives? I have 3 left but focusing on the Assist with a Cross with a -80 Pace player and Score from a Cross with a -70 pace player.

Its fucking impossible!

Even had a couple of kind players let me have a crack at it but the AI defenders mark my CAM and ST's so well its impossible, only way I can see it working would be on the counter but my players are too bloody slow for this to work!!!

3 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

Anyone else struggling with the Week 2 Gold Objectives? I have 3 left but focusing on the Assist with a Cross with a -80 Pace player and Score from a Cross with a -70 pace player.

Its fucking impossible!

Even had a couple of kind players let me have a crack at it but the AI defenders mark my CAM and ST's so well its impossible, only way I can see it working would be on the counter but my players are too bloody slow for this to work!!!

Would an RB driven cross count?  They seem to be the only way I can score with crossing, even with a beast like Lukaku up front.  But then I have really pacey wingers, so get in behind a lot!

9 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

I believe it does. Low driven is the key according to peeps on the Fifa forum.

Finally did it on the counter, small cross after some fancy dribbling and a header by Carroll.

Then next game finished the Gold objectives with this lil beaut:

I dunno, I was initially liking FIFA 20 but the servers have been on a steady decline and the delay right now is just ridiculous to the point that there is more than a seconds delay on any button press.

I also think it's straight lacking content.  Maybe it's because a lot of people, including me jumped on early access but otw felt a bit non starter and those end of season players already look like they wouldn't fit most teams so I'm not sure what we're working towards.  

Last year I just straight hated the gameplay which is why I didn't play it as much.  This year it's more like EA just can't get their management right around what to me at least I think is a better game. 

Only watched 5 minutes but that guy seems like a decent player to be fair. He is razor sharp, zipping it round and you look like you are absolutely plodding about in comparison when it comes to passing. I don't know if it's delay or a conscious effort.

Defending, possibly a little too rash but again he seems like a good player and they are so bloody hard to close down on this. Focus on bringing your wingers and strikers back and chase back in the first instance rather than block the space, set both your CDMS to intercept if they aren't already and your full backs to stay back.

When it comes to attacking go down the flanks, your one bit of joy in that first 5 was where you did 1 2s down the wing. That's my main area of attack, using the same formation, its a poor formation for holding onto the ball though I find. More of a counter attacking effort. 

I think my biggest piece of advice would be get yourself a set of formations to use rather than sticking with one and make sure you have a filthy formation when you come up against a player who is clearly very sharp. I've gone for some filth of a 5212 when I come up against wiz kids.

Also a slightly more attacking one when you feel you can take them. 41212 for me. And a mega attacking for when you've got nothing to lose! 3412.

When it comes to facing those whipper snapper though, Its basically the Man City vs Wolves effort, just be annoying as fuck and try and hit them on the break. If you try and go toe to toe, you are Watford. 

Heads up this morning, last night EA released some pitch notes about 'first owner' objectives coming. 

For Rivals rewards, I'll be taking the coins cos I'm poor and 35k is a huge influx for me. But if you've got coins, you may want to consider taking the untradeable packs, especially as there could well be a lot of SBCs heading our way.

I went tradeable and got Werner - quick sold for 46k.

I've also taken a huge risk, and sniped a couple of Adama Traore at 65k a pop. He's been extinct overnight, so the hope is that EA change his maximum sale value. However, it could also work out that the rewards packs lead to him being widely available and I lose a shitload of coins. We will see.

That first owner thing just sounds like more OTT control from the EA dictatorship and encouraging more pack opening as people trying to get better players to do these objectives.

Doing that Week 2 Gold was a nightmare, dropped down from Div 5 to 7 because everyone was a meta pacey 84 squad and no one was doing the challenge. At least with Online Friendlies you had people doing them.

8 hours ago, Steely said:

Only watched 5 minutes but that guy seems like a decent player to be fair. He is razor sharp, zipping it round and you look like you are absolutely plodding about in comparison when it comes to passing. I don't know if it's delay or a conscious effort.

Not a conscious effort to be slow and ploddy, might be delay but I don;t want to blame that. This felt quite standard as a game so if there's delay, I need to play over it.

Defending, possibly a little too rash but again he seems like a good player and they are so bloody hard to close down on this. Focus on bringing your wingers and strikers back and chase back in the first instance rather than block the space, set both your CDMS to intercept if they aren't already and your full backs to stay back.

Got both CDMs on intercept, but concentrating on chasing back with WIngers I'll focus on more for sure.

When it comes to attacking go down the flanks, your one bit of joy in that first 5 was where you did 1 2s down the wing. That's my main area of attack, using the same formation, its a poor formation for holding onto the ball though I find. More of a counter attacking effort. 

What do you do when you get into the final third? I'm working on cutting in and laying off, but I'm shit at it. If you have a game you want to upload I'd love to se eit.

I think my biggest piece of advice would be get yourself a set of formations to use rather than sticking with one and make sure you have a filthy formation when you come up against a player who is clearly very sharp. I've gone for some filth of a 5212 when I come up against wiz kids.

Also a slightly more attacking one when you feel you can take them. 41212 for me. And a mega attacking for when you've got nothing to lose! 3412.

When it comes to facing those whipper snapper though, Its basically the Man City vs Wolves effort, just be annoying as fuck and try and hit them on the break. If you try and go toe to toe, you are Watford. 

Great shout. Youtube says 352 is back, and it was my favourite formation in Fifa 16. They also say 4231 is top notch, but I need two strikers because I can't create enough chances with just one.

Cheers Steely. Appreciate it.

13 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Do us a favour and watch a random 5 minutes of this for us. Tell me if I'm doing something terribly wrong. I'll keep feeding coin making strategies in here I promise.

Jockey, jockey, jockey.  I know you said you are doing, but it doesn't look like it in the first few minutes of the video?  I hardly take my fiinger off the jockey button when defending and rarely actually tackle (unless I actually fucking certain I'm going to get the ball, or am desperate).  As someone (can't remember who) said in this thread a while ago, you can get success by just jockeying and sprint jockeying, blocking passes/shots and just running into your opponent.  I mean, I am using Koulibaly, Manolas and Allan though, so it's probably 'easier' for me!

The first goal, you didn't switch quick enough and track the runner, I'd be taking control of your number two much earlier and just jockeying in front of him.  The second goal, you had a brain fart and moved your number 3 in a random direction and let them in!  Again, just stay inbetween the ball the goal and jockey.  I don't mean that to sound condenscending...but the amount of blocks I get by just doing that is huge.  Someone battered me last night, like 3x the amount of chances, was much the better player, but I won 2-0 with two breakaway goals and blocked 80% of their shots.  

As for attacking, I use the 1-2's with fucking everyone apart from my CDM.  I hardly cross, unless it's along the floor with RB, and they are generally cut backs.  I always double stick flick/triple stick flick to get past defenders before I've recieved the ball...I'm playing 4-1-2-1-2 with and LM and RM.  Which is basically 5-0-5!  No big attacking players, all fast and average height/small (Mertens, Insigne, Costa, Dybala, Cuadrado).  I just can't get on with players like Lukaku/etc, I don't think crossing works very well, no point in having a big lump.  No fancy instructions apart from telling my CDM to stay back on attacks and I only did that last night...this was because I noticed Allan creeping up my scoring charts.  :unsure:  Just got into Div 4.  

3 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Heads up this morning, last night EA released some pitch notes about 'first owner' objectives coming. 

That again just looks like another step to stop people making money on the markets. It also obviously increases the likelihood of people buying packs.

I went untradable this week, it was painful. I still havent played enough games to qualify for the weekend league,I need to step it up. :lol:

51 minutes ago, mackenie said:

Also these are my pack rewards form Rank 1 and Gold weekend league, haven't opened yet but will record and post for a bit of fun :), fingers crossed.

download.thumb.jpg.1d2928f18dddb540fc70d793692184bc.jpg1144948120_download(1).thumb.jpg.bedb5cae5d41ff951bd4f2ef042b6ec7.jpg

Save for Scream event next week mate!

Check out these two matches I played yesterday. It’s like Night and Day.

First game it was smooth as silk and we were both smashing it at either end (although I felt I was robbed with some wanky defender business) and the other game slow as shit with my players all being out paced, but luckily he was crap so I won anyway.

57 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

What's this then?

Sorry, it's single or double flick, I'm getting mixed up with the old double/triple tap crossing. 

Single flick the right stick to knock the ball on (when sprinting), in the direction you flick the stick.  A single flick knocks it on a little, a double even more.  If your guy is fast, as you run a teeny bit quicker without the ball, you can easily stay ahead of the defender if you knock it into space.  Do it before your winger/attacker has even recieved the ball.  Then you can do it again while running, to stay ahead.  

Weirdly, it doesn't show the double flick in the instructions....just the single.  

Untitled.png.0e03a1b81e3247982e343824e2e3a0db.png