Ultimate Team

Timmo

11 minutes ago, Teuchter77 said:

Well...........finished elite 2 lastnite aaaaaand got Jack in me packs :huh: but did make 100k out of them. kept some players just incase and managed to get 2 swap players so far.

Bought some players for my bench and first team, getting there

20191014_102701.jpg

20191014_102559.jpg

Elite 2 with that team, that's insane. Edit - wait, do you mean squad battles?

:lol: yeh squad battles, didnt play much this week to get higher up, so done not to bad for a couple of days playing. dont get rewards for rivals till Thursday and I wish I could get to elite 2 in rivals with this squad :lol:

Not done the fut champions yet and I usually suck at that, only get like 14 to 17 wins.

Hows everyone finding the defending/tackling on this one??

Edited by Teuchter77

5 hours ago, mackenie said:

I hear ya, last year I bought a 100 Kepa's when a Chelsea SBC dropped then spent a week getting rid for 500 coin loss each.

The two key things to look at at 6pm - how popular will the SBC be (better pack will mean peeps are willing to pay more coins to complete) and avoid players too heavily pre invested. This one was a pretty straightforward invesment though, POTM is always popular unless really expensive. As far as which player to buy, Oblak is 91 rated and was 40k, considering the SBC needed multiple 85+ rated squads he was always going to be one of the best players to use and appear in most of the cheapest solutions on FUTBIN. 

I also make sure sell on the hype most of the time, sometimes when a specific team is needed you can hold your player and watch them keep rising, but most of the time the best money is selling your players about 6.10pm before the panic selling starts. I can't take all the credit for my 6pm dealings, I watch a youtuber who spend 10 hours a day just trading, he hasn't even played a game just likes making coins. 

I usually put his stream on at 5.50pm, just be mindfull there are a lot of viewers and he can cause a player to rise or crash fast.

Ah yes, Flair. I watched him a bit last year, he had some good tips. I stopped watching fairly quickly though, he's a bit 'gamble' for my tastes. I found he'll make you a shit-ton one day but lose you a slightly lower shit-ton the next.

I prefer Run The FUT Market - whom everyone watches so there's not much in the way of secret knowledge there. But he understands Supply and Demand better than Flair, and I like to know the reasons why I'm buying a card. He's also a bit more honest to admit his bad tips than Flair is.

RTFM's you tube channel is definitely worth a regular watch if you're interested in why the market behaves the way it does.

MattFutTrading on Twitch is ok too. He's a bit young though.

I managed Elite 3 on Squad Battles over the weekend. A Mega Pack, 2xGold Players pack and 12,000 coins is very welcome.

Eredivise and MLS objectives done, CSL to go.

I'm saving the packs, along with that Born Legends SBC for Friday - in case of Scream cards appearing or a better TotW.

Next stop is to get that Rivals score up before Thursday and try and qualify for the WL asap.

1 hour ago, Pants McSkill said:

I managed Elite 3 on Squad Battles over the weekend. A Mega Pack, 2xGold Players pack and 12,000 coins is very welcome.

Eredivise and MLS objectives done, CSL to go.

I'm saving the packs, along with that Born Legends SBC for Friday - in case of Scream cards appearing or a better TotW.

Next stop is to get that Rivals score up before Thursday and try and qualify for the WL asap.

I am the same as I need to get my points up for the weekend league, but have a problem keeping packs I should really begin doing that so I have a better chance of getting better players in packs.

I'm quite enjoying the online icon token grind, 3 wins for each league is reasonable and I had enough players for each league just from normal gameplay. Ligue 1 and Bundesliga done.

I keep changing my mind on which icon(s) I want, though!

I dunno why you play this shite. I was watching a ‘pro’ streaming last night, he was in 22 wins and 1 loss, he then got matched up with some Uber laggy dweeb in what was clearly an unplayable match and he lost. He held the controller up to the screen and there was an entire 2 second delay on each button press. 

I can’t believe this is an EA flagship game and that is the state people have to play on it was appalling. 

I've decided what I'm doing for my icon swaps. Whatever happens, I'll have Gerrard and Owen. If I can afford mid Gerrard at that point, I'll get prime Owen, if not I'll get Gerrard from the swaps and buy some version of Owen - I can already afford baby Owen, but I'd hope to get to at least mid.

And then they'll both turn out to be shit. The correct choice as far as the meta goes is to get Ferdinand and Guardiola, at least according to some video I watched, unless you plan to buy prime Ferdinand at some point. Zanetti would be a good choice as well, which also let's you get Schmeichel.

15 hours ago, Timmo said:

I'm quite enjoying the online icon token grind, 3 wins for each league is reasonable and I had enough players for each league just from normal gameplay. Ligue 1 and Bundesliga done.

I keep changing my mind on which icon(s) I want, though!

Yeahhhh... I love the idea in principle, but it's a bit of a grind man. I'm 1-2-7 with my Ligue 1 team, and I'm just not good enough at this game to break down pay-to-win teams playing 1 depth. I honest;y haven't faced a team worse than mine in any Rivals match yet. 

I'm still only on 800 rivals points. It's 40 for a win and you need 2000 to qualify for the Weekend League, so at the current rate, I need to play 400 more matches before I'll qualify. 

I just played my first games last night, the play feels nice and pace wasn’t noticed which was a bonus. I can’t defend for shit but I’ll get there. First game I had 3 shots and scored twice at end for a 2-0 win my mate from work was fuming, he had 20 :lol: I think he’s selling the game today. 

He did beat me the next few matches but you know when you can take someone, in a few weeks he won’t beat me all season :) 

Start as 41212 and change to 41212 (2). If they then play wide I go back to 41212.

If they start truncing me I go 4231 and or 4231(2).

Defence is Drop Back with about 4/5 bars on depth.

Attack is Balanced, In the box at about 7, 3 Corners and 2 Free Kicks.

ST's are Get Behind, CAM in the box stay forward, CM's cover centre/Into the box, CDM Mixed, cover centre/Passing Lanes. Wing Backs Stay Back but I often do the in game option for attacking fall backs (Up - Left) when I'm on the assault.

Finally done the Ligue 1 objective. Twas a struggle. I think my record with that team ended up  3-6-11.

Onto the Prem. After that grind, I've splashed out on a Gabriel Jesus to help my lack of Prem striker situation.

Would quite like to play a slightly different game than '2m+ coin team sit deep and hoof it to Neymar/MBappe' for a change.