Ultimate Team

Timmo

On 15/10/2019 at 19:43, Pants McSkill said:

I cannot figure out how everyone I meet has set their tactics. 5-7 in the area, 2-3 hunting you down, , 2-3 up front waiting for through balls and they are always through.
No matter what I set my tactics to, I can't replicate it.

Any ideas?

Sorry for the slow reply.

Have you been watching BorrasLegend? I basically just copy his tactics.

Honestly, if you watch one just one Youtuber, watch him. No stretching videos to 10 minutes, no shouting, no contradicting himself, no nonsense, just real tips that he actually uses in his top 100 gameplay and which he puts across simply.

Here's my pick of his most effective videos from this year so far. I'd recommend you go to his channel and spend an hour watching them all but I've tried to reduce them to the absolute most important:

Spoiler

The top video in particular will help you break down those 1 depth defences. When you learn those techniques you will be able to hold the ball for longer much easier and frustrate those guys who defend like that, and when gaps appear... bam! Possession play is definitely a viable playstyle, I often have 60%+ and win comfortably.

That fast and furious tactic I used yesterday with my cheap La Liga team when going for an icon swap token against a really good player - I was 2-0 down with 20 minutes left and won 3-2! It doesn't always work but it's amazing when it does.

Stick with it - I much prefer this FIFA to last year's La Croqueta, corner goal, pace is dead bullshit.

8 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Morning lads. The market is WELL low right now after rewards this morning. I'm picking up some 83s.

Here's a list of current cheapest 83 rateds:

https://www.futbin.com/players?page=1&player_rating=83-83&sort=ps_price&order=asc

I've picked up most pf page 1 and 2 for 1100-1400 coins on snipe. Even if you grab a couple, throw them in your club and forget about them it's worth doing.

Otomendi and Pickford can be lazily bought for 1600 at the moment.

83 rated team needed for new sbc, your investments might pay off sooner than you thought!

2 hours ago, Timmo said:

Sorry for the slow reply.

Have you been watching BorrasLegend? I basically just copy his tactics.

Honestly, if you watch one just one Youtuber, watch him. No stretching videos to 10 minutes, no shouting, no contradicting himself, no nonsense, just real tips that he actually uses in his top 100 gameplay and which he puts across simply.

Here's my pick of his most effective videos from this year so far. I'd recommend you go to his channel and spend an hour watching them all but I've tried to reduce them to the absolute most important:

Reveal hidden contents

The top video in particular will help you break down those 1 depth defences. When you learn those techniques you will be able to hold the ball for longer much easier and frustrate those guys who defend like that, and when gaps appear... bam! Possession play is definitely a viable playstyle, I often have 60%+ and win comfortably.

That fast and furious tactic I used yesterday with my cheap La Liga team when going for an icon swap token against a really good player - I was 2-0 down with 20 minutes left and won 3-2! It doesn't always work but it's amazing when it does.

Stick with it - I much prefer this FIFA to last year's La Croqueta, corner goal, pace is dead bullshit.

Ahhh love you Timmo. 

You know what, I do watch Boras, but I watch a bunch of Youtubers and his message gets diluted. I'll focus on him a bit more for sure.

I am enjoying this Fifa way more than last year's version. It's clearly a lot more nuanced and I'm enjoying slowly learning some of the intricacies. I should probably be a bit more enthused in here about that side of things.

11 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

83 rated team needed for new sbc, your investments might pay off sooner than you thought!

Fingers crossed!

Market is significantly different this year. Open bidding has been my most reliable form of profit so far. My investments have been pretty hit and miss - I've had more misses than hits but I've kept things quite safe in that regard, so my misses don't lode much but the hits pay off very well.

Like the above, you'll always be able to shift 83s for 1100-1200 coins. So if they sit in your club for two weeks and you suddenly need the coins, you won't lose much if you need to offload quickly. But if they're suddenly needed for some SBC, you make 1k a card.

2 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

2 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Fingers crossed!

Annnnnd score! A fair few are up 1k. Sniping Morata and Fabian for 1000 coins has paid off especially good. 

Selling the ones that are solid profit, keeping the smaller risers back in case tomorrow's Scream brings something special.

I think I'll look to replicate this on Thursday mornings and whenever there's a big promo. 

27 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

Completed marquee matchups and was pissed off at another week with no walkouts. Got a nice surprise when finding that 84 rated Lucas Hernández was worth 60k. 

Ive not played all week due to moving house, I presume the game is still sluggish?

I find its random.

Some games smooth, others not so smooth.

19 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Ahhh love you Timmo. 

You know what, I do watch Boras, but I watch a bunch of Youtubers and his message gets diluted. I'll focus on him a bit more for sure.

I am enjoying this Fifa way more than last year's version. It's clearly a lot more nuanced and I'm enjoying slowly learning some of the intricacies. I should probably be a bit more enthused in here about that side of things.

Ive been in stinking form this week! I've managed to turn the corner using this set up.

Its really good, it plays out exactly how detailed in the video. The video is very good aswell, very clear and detailed. Well worth a crack.

This is the team I fancied for the WL, about 12 wins from 20 games and my thoughts are as follows. Van Nistelrom was a nostalgia purchase and he hasn't impressed, I succumbed to the Dembele club and I also haven't been impressed. What has impressed me is my defensive additions of Nesta and Semedo, really good at their jobs. The biggest surprise i've had is Rui Costa, scored a a load from a not perticularly offensive position and completely outperformed Dybala I had last week. 

Think I'm gonna sack in the front 3 and look to bring in Ronaldo for next week, may very well have a change in formation as my attacking has been below par, lots of 1-0's keeping me going.

391317836_download(3).thumb.jpg.eb4692857bec66e9364c2472f4469fc8.jpg

New team for me too, sold out all my in forms (43k each on my Verrattis, 77k for Ndidi and 71k for Immobile), and used the opportunity to both invest in in forms and build a solid team for the next couple of weeks. I don't expect to make huge amounts on any of them, but it looks like a great team all the same.

Not had a chance to use it yet though, I'm still chasing swap tokens. Just 2 more Ligue 1 wins, then I need to focus on squad battles.

Screenshot_20191019-130748_resized.png

1 hour ago, mackenie said:

Owt good? I got about 8 packs waiting from SBC's I did today, no way I could get the mrs to not open my WL packs on Thursday morning.

In reverse order of pulls... 

24 packs had utterly nothing. 

One pack had Dejne (83, boards, goes for 1300 right now).

One pack had Sokratis.

One untradeable pack had Donnarumma, some random IF, 4k coins and a draft token. Greatest untradeable pack I've ever had.

One pack had Davison Sanchez.

Got a full transfer pile of duplicates - at 500-800 a pop that's an extra 70k ish once it's all sold. 

Also got a club full of SBC ready fodder too.

So no Scream cards, no non-discard in Forms, no player better than Gooner's WL reward Red Card... but I'll take it.

This is the team I fancied for the WL, about 12 wins from 20 games and my thoughts are as follows. Van Nistelrom was a nostalgia purchase and he hasn't impressed, I succumbed to the Dembele club and I also haven't been impressed. What has impressed me is my defensive additions of Nesta and Semedo, really good at their jobs. The biggest surprise i've had is Rui Costa, scored a a load from a not perticularly offensive position and completely outperformed Dybala I had last week. 

I bloody love Allan.  

1 hour ago, Pants McSkill said:

In reverse order of pulls... 

24 packs had utterly nothing. 

One pack had Dejne (83, boards, goes for 1300 right now).

One pack had Sokratis.

One untradeable pack had Donnarumma, some random IF, 4k coins and a draft token. Greatest untradeable pack I've ever had.

One pack had Davison Sanchez.

Correction... My Davison Sanchez is untradeable.

So no 39k for me.

That's poured a bit of cold water on proceedings.

18 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

28 packs saved. I'm going in for some Scream cards.

IMG_20191018_222301.thumb.jpg.b632d56432357b52948798cf725166bc.jpg

My 40 packs:

IF Digne

IF McGinn

IF McKennie

Godin

Thiago Silva

Gomez

Varane

Marcelo

Fabinho x 2

Ruffier

Alex Telles

No Screams.

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

Allan is the greatest midfielder on fifa20 @Mitchell

Church.

Yea Allan's been in my team since day 1, same with Gomez.

Gomez is great too, a stalwart last season, until I got Dybala and I play him at CAM now, so Gomie is my supersub.