IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

10 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I can't understand why anyone would do Hulk when you can get a Tradeable OTW Ben Yedder (for example) (about to be upgraded) for just a little more. I know different nation and position etc etc but anyway, it's just terrible value and it's not a card anyone will be using in three months. In other news I sold my Ben Yedder on Friday for 125k :doh:

That’s a lot of card for 100k less than Yedder.

0BA286F7-10AF-4AA6-A209-58A2127A1AFE.jpeg

CL MM's are expected tonight, with Chelsea v Ajax and Dortmund v Inter the two stand-out ties.

Lats time we had this Liverpool players went to 4k and and Bayern players went to 8k. We also had similar rises last season.

This would be the reason why discard golds from all four clubs above are currently up at 1200 coins.

If these are the ties chosen, those players will rise... HOWEVER I really can't see them rising by anywhere near the same amount.

Reasons being:

-We've had way more packs opened since then. The game's a month old now, the player base is much bigger, there's vastly greater amount of these cards in circulation. 

-Each club has more low rated gold cards than Liverpool or Bayern. Liverpool have seven 75-80 rateds, Bayern have two.

Chelsea and Inter both have 11, Dortmund and Ajax both have 8, and generally speaking, all of their 81s and 82s were cheaper too.

By all means, grab a few cards from each team, you should make a few coins. But if you're currently hoarding 100 of the fuckers, I'd definitely sell enough to cover your costs before 6pm to cash in on the hype. While some of them may go to 2.5-3k, you really, really don't want to be holding 40 Noussair Mazraoui that cost you 1400 coins if the requirements are super easy to complete.

And remember, CL MMs don't drop till 7 or 8pm.

Re: Ben Yedder.

His upgrade maybe not, but his OTW... 

Have you guys not been getting destroyed by his 83? 5* weakfoot, 90 agility, 88 finishing, he's right in the meta. He's been in ridiculous form for a very average Monaco side who are now turning it around. I wouldn't be surprised if his OTW is an 87/88 by January.

28 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

That’s a lot of card for 100k less than Yedder.

0BA286F7-10AF-4AA6-A209-58A2127A1AFE.jpeg

That Ben Yedder will be getting upgraded on Wednesday and I daresay a few more times based on his form. 5* weak foot, 90+ agility etc etc

11 hours ago, ryanski said:

Just on that point- whoever posted the 352 video link thank you. With those custom tactics as well I'm suddenly scoring 3 or 4 goals a game where I was struggling before. 

Id like to take credit for that one please!

I am really enjoying this formation, it is bloody filth. Ended the Weekend with a decent record of 14/21 which was good considering my start was 4/9, feels like I got a bit more used to the formation as it went on.

I see where Gooner is coming from with the stamina, I end up subbing off my strikers around the 60th Minute mark for some fresh legs, which is worked well. I rotated between Vardy, Inaki, Depay and Lucas. Vardy was easily my run away top scorer.

Its the CAM roll which is absolutely integral though as the video says. I went for Sterling, with his agility to get out of tight spots and then using his pace to get my up the field.

Its an odd formation, certainly takes some getting used to. It must bamboozle the opposition though when they come up against it, seeing the Strikers drop back as far as they do.

Proper old school 3-5-2. A few of us used in years ago and the idea was that the 3 CBs would just shift over to each side when defending and be an absolute wall down the centre. With the extra man up in the middle and up top it creates some many passing options. This was probably pre tactics too (10 years ago :lol: ). 

I miss the pro evo arrows.

You need better wingers. Well, by better I mean 'better suited'. You'll want high/high workrates for them, and Bale's stamina is only 73... you want more than that too.

Is Benzema the best choice for the team too? In the vid we've all copied, the strikers fall back into midfield a lot.

On 18/10/2019 at 13:37, Steely said:

Ive been in stinking form this week! I've managed to turn the corner using this set up.

Its really good, it plays out exactly how detailed in the video. The video is very good aswell, very clear and detailed. Well worth a crack.

Screenshot_20191022_190322.thumb.jpg.a4bba8b70445ccd739b7e79c1eea46a8.jpg

I went from the above... 

To the below in game... 

Screenshot_20191022_190339.thumb.jpg.27c640f1ea4e2582e6100f90347ce6a8.jpg

What I found most important was having the best tacklers and interceptors as the middle 5.

The RM and LM never really troubled me, not having good defensive stats. I think they are more of an attacking threat anyway. Aslong as they have pace to hustle back. Your middle 5 will do the vast majority of the defending. 

At times when it's not working against drop back defence or whatever I switch to fast build up at halftime and that really overwhelms opponents. I've gone up 250 skill points in the last 2 days thanks to the formation and that despite doing rivals icon swaps. Can't wait to get back to my normal team. Just 2 wins on French league 1 to go. 

I've been trading a lot the last couple of days - I've decided to move on from in form investments because the markets all over the fucking place. I've got 5 players from the current crop, but right now they're all in my first team.

What I've been doing instead is buying and selling Hawk cards. I'm typically picking them up at 1400 coins (although I've managed to pick up a fair few for less) and selling them very slowly at 2000. I've started the week at about 160k, currently I'm at about 80k with 150 of the things to move out. They're selling at a glacial rate right now, but they were selling consistently at 2200 a pop at the weekend. The plan is to carry on as I have been making profits slowly, hopefully getting to 200 cards, and then fucking them all off at once for a bumper payday on Saturday. 

Then I'm buying an icon, and starting again next week with the surplus funds. I'm thinking baby Overmars right now, he was probably my favourite non-Liverpool Premiership player as a kid.

I have 10-12 dusty old in forms sat on a shelf in the garage, waiting endlessly for the day they might be needed, I suspect I'll use them in an SBC I want to complete rather than sell them for massive profits.

Bronze pack method still works plenty well. As does mass open bidding on 350 coins golds.

In fact, that's probably been my biggest earner, if not the most consistent. I've gotten into the habit of doing it every time I log in and log off to Fifa, and it's worth 20-30k a day.

Just a general thought on trading in general...

I think investing is no longer the way to go. The market has been a real roller coaster ever since the game launched, and it appears to me that EA are very keen to get everyone - even part-time casual players - playing with monster teams.

We're getting way more sbcs than last year, and way more promo packs than last year too. Supplies of cards are huge - eg I just took at look at In Form Brozovic, an 84 from Totw2.

Last year, a Totw2 non-meta player would have 3-5 pages of supply by now... Which makes perfect sense. He's not being used so people aren't playing him then selling when they upgrade, there were only so many packed (Totw2 is the first launch week of Fifa) and plenty of his cards would have been submitted in SBCs by now.

Right now, there's 10 pages of IF Brosovics listed before you even get out of the 5th minute. The whole first page of him is under 45 seconds remaining.

And EA keep throwing special cards at us. As well as more in forms floating around, there's Scream cards, OTW cards, UCL cards that double the supply of top players, more flashback cards, more PotM cards... and we're all getting at least one icon in a month through swaps.

Not to mention there are just way more packs being handed to us every week.

So investing in the hope that cards rise... of course there's always an opportunity here and there. But generally speaking, I'm going to focus on trading only from now on.