IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

I just tried the 352, starting as a 433 and switching in game to have Salah as CAM. Absolutely disgusting, my opponent barely had a sniff, and Salah scored two lovely goals to put me ahead. I don't think Kane and Pukki will cut it as the strikers though, I swapped them out for Gnabry and Jesus on 75 minutes, who caused havoc with Gnabry adding two more goals.

With that in mind, I'm thinking Jesus and Rashford as my strikers, and I've currently got Trent and Felipe Anderson on the wings, who I'll likely swap for Cancelo and (hopefully this weekend) Overmars. Both are quick, and both have good stamina to get up and down.

HEY EVERYONE WHAT'S FIFA'S FAVOURITE SONG IT'S BLOCK ROCKING BEATS AHAHAHAHA

12 games today trying to get either the win two rivals games with CL cards in your starting eleven or get the final couple of hundred pints I need to qualify for weekend league.

0-6-6 is the record. 

pffft...

1 hour ago, Pants McSkill said:

I can cure you of that. I'll stream mine next time I do them.  Maybe we could do a Rllmuk double-boring-bill of mine directly followed by Timmo's.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

My best pull this year has been Alderweireld. A stream of my packs would be barely worth your bandwidth.

Mine have gone of a cliff since Mertens and Dybala in the first few days.  Poor me!  Utter guff since. 

Although to be fair, I don't even know what I'm saving for.  Apart from Ronaldo (which I'll never, ever have enough for) there's no way I can improve my team.  I spunked 50k coins on packs the other day (sorry @Pants McSkill) just because I was bored.

1 hour ago, Mitchell said:

Although to be fair, I don't even know what I'm saving for.  Apart from Ronaldo (which I'll never, ever have enough for) there's no way I can improve my team. 

Well not with that attitude you won't.

If you're bored on Fifa, Bronze pack method and mass open bidding on 350 coin golds. Honestly, together they make me 'nuff finance'.

Think I'm going to go with this for WL.

Yeah, I'm going 7 chem. Deal with it. (Or don't and suggest an alternative.)

Capture.thumb.JPG.efc61744a0119f1731973b77224e25ce.JPG

13 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

Think I'm going to go with this for WL.  Yeah, I'm going 7 chem. Deal with it. (Or don't and suggest an alternative.)

Weird, I was trying today to get a team with Dembele on the right and Costa on the left.  Couldn't do it!  With 4-1-2-1-2 anyway.  It's hard with 4-1-2-1-2 because there's a bank of 4 in the RM/RB/CB and CDM, so it';s harder to link than just having a little section of 3 that you have, with the CB, RB and RM.  If you get me.  

Best I managed always had one big player on low chem, which just won't do for my brain.  So I'm just resigned to using Cuadrado...who is good, but the reason I was trying is because I think I can do better at RB with Florenzi.  Who is fine, buy the way!  Like I said, I'm just a bit bored....I might jump to the Prem.  

29 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

Weird, I was trying today to get a team with Dembele on the right and Costa on the left.  Couldn't do it!  With 4-1-2-1-2 anyway.  It's hard with 4-1-2-1-2 because there's a bank of 4 in the RM/RB/CB and CDM, so it';s harder to link than just having a little section of 3 that you have, with the CB, RB and RM.  If you get me.  

Best I managed always had one big player on low chem, which just won't do for my brain.  So I'm just resigned to using Cuadrado...who is good, but the reason I was trying is because I think I can do better at RB with Florenzi.  Who is fine, buy the way!  Like I said, I'm just a bit bored....I might jump to the Prem.  

It's up to you but I've just sold my Prem team and jumped to this one which I'll be using this weekend (to test out Guardiola before I make my icon pick decisions next month) and I don't seem to have lost any strength at all. Prem is still extremely overpriced and other league's best beast players like Akanji and Militao are getting very reasonable now.

Screenshot_20191024-180012_Companion.thumb.jpg.1d6b7b30261614fd5b41d55ce9e3110e.jpg

Fuck me, this Rivals icon challenge is an absolute grind.

After doing reasonably well in the weekend league, coming back to rivals and trying to beat proper teams with a hodgepodge first owned outfit is a proper kick in the bollocks. Has every other prick in the world finished it other than me, because I dont know how many more times I can get rinsed by a team of superstars. Saying that I am pretty sure these guys would smash me to bits with a championship team.

Its a proper crash back down to earth, I wish I just  bored myself to death by taking on the pooter in singles because I think my record has been about 1 win in every 5 games with a shit ton of useless draws. :lol: Its taking fucking forever, oh and I'm still not getting relegated for some reason. <_<

I'm currently 2/3 Seria A, 2/3 La Liga. I still need to start Ligue 1 and Bundesliga, not sure whether to crack on, or do weekend league this weekend, at least WL brings me joy but then again... hopefully Rivals is easier whilst all other pricks are in the WL. Hmmmmm.

/endwinge

It's fucking brutal isn't it! I really struggled, I think I went 3-7-11 with the La Liga squad I ran. I got myself through it by reminding myself how sweet that Icon will feel to compared to 20 games with fucking 'first owned' Benat.

I love the idea, love the concept... just wish they had some kind of Objectives Cup in which to do these in.

What does everyone do at free kicks that are too far away to shoot? I'm finding I get countered on a lot, it often seems tough to send an A pass to a teammate as everyone is marked.

Also corners... I've conceded ten times the amount of counters than corners I've scored.

On the plus I was thinking I will have more first owned players if I leave it a little longer, but thats just allowed everyone else to complete it in my absence and now I am constantly playing top teams. I dont think I have come across a single person where I have thought, 'oh yeah look at that shite, thats first owned', which is what I imagine everyone says about my team. :hat:

Only corners I have scored from are short pass then pass to the edge of the box for a shot, but its pretty infrequent. But that has given me a much better ratio for that method than my zero headers scored from corners, but equally zero conceded, so at least we have balance. :lol:

Freekicks have bamboozeled me for sure, I dont have a degree in physics. :( 

Free kicks outside shooting range, I always short pass, and call a second player for a 1-2 if everyone's marked. I have scored a few free kicks, but they were all in squad battles against shit keepers.

So far, Overmars has been great. I've slapped an engine on him and he can seemingly do everything from the wing. The real revelation has been Jesus though - 6 goals in 4 WL games, 2 of which were rage quits at about the half hour mark. If you haven't already tried him, give him a go.

1 hour ago, Steely said:

On the plus I was thinking I will have more first owned players if I leave it a little longer, but thats just allowed everyone else to complete it in my absence and now I am constantly playing top teams. I dont think I have come across a single person where I have thought, 'oh yeah look at that shite, thats first owned', which is what I imagine everyone says about my team. :hat:

I came across a few of those. My favourite was the guy that had some random Bronze Serie A RB playing at striker.. whom he didn't sub off until the 30th minute.
Unfortunately he subbed on Ronaldo in his place, which was equally both disappointing and phenomenally baffling. Ronaldo is Serie A.. surely he could have fit him into the starting eleven?!?

29 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

How do you do this? Doesn't R1 give you the 2nd kick taker over the ball?

It does from shooting range, but from outside it brings the nearest player towards you. You can also change the camera from shooting range, which lets you take it like an indirect free kick.

3 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

What does everyone do at free kicks that are too far away to shoot? I'm finding I get countered on a lot, it often seems tough to send an A pass to a teammate as everyone is marked.

Also corners... I've conceded ten times the amount of counters than corners I've scored.

I'm shite at free kicks, always try to short pass it.  As for corners, I always run someone towards the ball and the opposition follows (most of the time) leaving a gap wehioch I cross into.  Seems to work sometimes!