IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

2 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I tried Scream Alli and Scream Otamendi last night. Both seemed reasonable, but it was hard to get a read on anything because the new patch has fucked everything. It's absurd that they can change the core gameplay by this much pretty much whenever they like, and seemingly without testing it.

Rashford seems useless now (sorry @Mitchell), so I sold him and got Lewandowski instead who's been amazing for me so far.

While @Timmo is right in that negativity generally comes from not doing very well, I'd been on an amazing run and i'm just off Div 2 now in terms of Skill Rating, I just dont enjoy the gameplay, so it's not that from my point of view, I felt much the same on 19, but thought i may be burnt out from how much i played of 17/18 but i don't feel burnt out, i just feel indifferent, i dont enjoy it, i dont really get anything out of it, win or lose i dont feel like I'm in control of it.

I assume everybody has played GTA here? you know that weird inertia there is to your character where it feels like you're steering a boat when on foot, that's how Fifa 20 feels.

If you have been using the old 3-5-2, the notable difference is 1 Striker is now going to stay forward now regardless of your instructions... So change the instructions on the one striker you want to keep forward and choose one to drop back.

I think there's many factors at play.  I don't think anyone here would say they haven't experienced bad delay here.  It's a case of how much things bother you.  The passing AI and game delay REALLY bother me but for example my brother just switches the game of and forgets about it.  

1 hour ago, tenrou said:

I think there's many factors at play.  I don't think anyone here would say they haven't experienced bad delay here.  It's a case of how much things bother you.  The passing AI and game delay REALLY bother me but for example my brother just switches the game of and forgets about it.  

I've had literally 1 sluggish game on PC.  It's no surprise that a lot of console owners are complaining of lag/delay if that's where it's the most popular.  :(

53 minutes ago, Steely said:

That guy seems far more slack with his updates. :lol: I recon we would be lucky to get an update from him.

I have both on my tactics! Start with 442 switch to 352 if I am bottling it. 

I'll not be able to see if it's working or not, as I've never used it before!  I shall report back later...

18 hours ago, Swallow said:

This is my team:

https://imgur.com/a/DaoA7M4

Thinking Allan and Dybala but might make more sense to bring in Manolas and remove the PSG players.

Is that what you have, 143k?  

You could go Manolas, Allan, Florenzi, Dybala! That would be shit hot. 

But Mertens is just ridiculous. You could afford Mertens and Allan...

You would notice having Mertens more than anyone else, if you get me.

I forgot I had packed Cuadrado and Felipe Anderson yesterday so I bought Allan and Manolas and switched to the 3-5-2 that was posted here. Won my first Rivals game and with some ease, after suffering heavy defeats and a lucky draw in my first three games in Div 7. Might have to stick to this, but am now considering a switch to Mertens as one of the two up front.

Oh and the Politano challenge looks fun with decent pack rewards along the way as well as a very nice looking card.

Had a fascinating Weekend League (well I found it fascinating, your mileage may vary). Went 11-12 for silver 1, but ran out of time to play anymore.

Brought in Bale up top. I had an Ok run to start using my tactics, going 6-5, but in games I lost I was utterly outclassed.

I use a 442 with both strikers on F9. Yesterday morning, after seeing some youtubers and streamers talk about the new patch changing things, I copied what some of them were doing and changed the strikers to balanced.

I then went 0-6. Conceded at least 3 goals in every match, had no game where I registered more than 4 shots.

Gameplay felt horrendous, couldn't even pass the ball on occasion.

Gave up, worked all afternoon and evening.

Finished work around 1am, but still needed to be awake till 5, so went back on and changed my tactics back to both strikers on F9.

The difference was night and day, I went 5-1, and tore a couple of opponents to shreds. Bale was unstoppable (got 4 in one match).

Possible conclusions:

1- F9 is overpowered and adding it makes the entire team play better.

2- The servers are 1million times better for me only at 1am. Or 1 million times worse for me only at 11am.

3- All the world's best players were getting matched with me on Sunday mornings and Jonny Cripthumb was the only player up at 2am.

4- A mixture of all of the above.

I'd love to see one of you lot try my tactics. Yeah to see if you dislike anything, but also because I suspect Steely or Timmo might put 10 past an opponent if they click with them.

Defence

Pressure on heavy Touch

Width 5

Depth 7

Offence

Balanced

Width 7

Players in box 7

Both strikers: False 9, Come back on defence

LM/RM: Get into box for cross

CMS: Stay Back while attacking

FBs: Stay back while attacking

@Pants McSkill don't use pressure on heavy touch, it's the least consistent and least effective of all defensive styles.

Balanced > Drop Back > Constant Pressure > Pressure on Heavy Touch.

For you i'd recommend Drop Back with 5 depth and 4 width.

One striker on F9 and one on Get in Behind.

LM & RM on come back on defence and get in behind.

CM's one stay back while attacking one balanced, both cover centre.

@Pants McSkillInteresting! Had a pretty successful weekend playing the 4-4-2. (11 out of 15 - I think)

Defence

Balanced

Width 6

Depth 4

Offence

Possession

Width 5

Players in box 3

Player instructions Everyone get back or stay back, with the two CMs covering centre and thats it.

I'll sneak in the double F9 though for starters, see how I get on.

Cheers for the tips Gooner.

I've tried drop back a fair bit and I just get opened up. It gives opposing players too much space & time on the edge of my box, and I hate, hate conceding goals when I've sat back and done nothing to stop them. I'm tempted to give constant pressure a go though, I got wrecked by a couple of opponents playing it over the WL.

With one striker on get in behind, I play so many teams that drop back or have 2-3 depth, my striker just wouldn't have the space to run into. Also, as much as I've tried, I'm not very good at getting the ball forward lightening quick, so even when my striker would have space to run into, I don't know I'd be able to take advantage of it.

This is something I like about the 442, you can easily counter down the wings regardless of the opposition's tactics. Play from CM/Cm to the winger, Left bumper pass back to the fullback. This draws the opposition FB out of place and your winger burns past him, so then it's a through ball down the outside.

I haven't experimented at all with winger instructions on come back/get in behind. I'll try some of that when I'm knocking through the Rivals games this week.

9 minutes ago, Steely said:

@Pants McSkillInteresting! Had a pretty successful weekend playing the 4-4-2. (11 out of 15 - I think)

Defence

Balanced

Width 6

Depth 4

Offence

Possession

Width 5

Players in box 3

Player instructions Everyone get back or stay back, with the two CMs covering centre and thats it.

I'll sneak in the double F9 though for starters, see how I get on.

I'd be really interested to hear this. I suspect 2x F9 and possession might be too much, so give it a go with 2xF9 on Balanced.

I'll give it a whirl in rivals, one final 'online' objective to finish! (Bundesliga.)

I find me asking players to make runs over rules the possession a little, especially for my wingers and strikers, I suppose the one thing I have noted more than anything is, its been nice to have my two CMs always trying to make themselves available.

Really struggled to 14-11 in weekend league with my bundesliga team, luckily won 3 for 3 shoot outs. So sold up and got this lot, and Haller will become Lacazette before my next fut champs. 

I play fast build up most of the time to defeat drop back. 

Screenshot_20191104-174831_Companion.jpg

10 hours ago, Steely said:

Same:  if this is the dude we've copied from that YouTube video? 

It has been excellent for me.  The last 2 nights I've used it, I've gone probably 20-4.

10 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

I'd be really interested to hear this. I suspect 2x F9 and possession might be too much, so give it a go with 2xF9 on Balanced.

It just works.  Going forward, just use the 1-2 to get men forward, then when being attacked, you have two banks of 4.  I just always take control of a CM when being attacked and run him backwards.  It's just like playing horrible defensive football IRL, like a Tony Pulis side, but a lovely Arsenal attack while going forward.  The wingers are always available and you have a CM to shunt forwards if you need, and two strikers, waiting for a shot.  

You have all attackers as 'Come Back On Defence', and all CM's and Defenders as 'Stay Back While Attacking'.  Corners and Free Kicks on 2.  Because they are pathetic.  Players in box 2 (so you have players waiting for cut backs, rather than being marked), Width 6,Depth 4. 

*EDIT*  I've just played another 6 games and won 5.  ^_^

It's so cuntish, it's GREAT. I am playing two CDM's in the two CM spots though: IF Ndidi and Sissoko. Wijnadum and Lucas to change it up on subs. 

Untitled.thumb.png.f56ca7e3a9277454f824295394c8e541.png

Looking for a reshuffle on my team, not having Ter Stegen in goal feels like a mistake at this point as he's the only keeper I've tried that hasn't let me down so I'm looking at a La Liga/Prem hybrid. Has anyone tried Modric or De Jong yet? Either would work, but I haven't seen much of Modric this year which makes me think there's some obvious flaw with him.

I'm also rethinking my Icon Swaps, Nesta has been a monster when I've played against him, and if I take him I can also get Keane which looks like a great card. Surely better value than taking Gerrard or Owen as I was planning, but then I'd have to look at Roy Keane's cunt face every time I fancied a game.