Ultimate Team

Timmo

9 hours ago, Mitchell said:

Same:  if this is the dude we've copied from that YouTube video? 

It has been excellent for me.  The last 2 nights I've used it, I've gone probably 20-4.

Thats exactly the one! Like you say I am finding it very balanced, in terms of goals conceded I saw a huge improvement and that was me using Chilwell, Vertongan, SC Pique and Roberto as my back four. So no real pace at all.

I used Sissoko and Vidal as my middle pairing, Vidal is bloody brilliant, he was absolutely everywhere, my main defensive tactic consisted of getting hold of him any time they came into my final third, first jockeying the spaces and then closing in for the kill.

11 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Looking for a reshuffle on my team, not having Ter Stegen in goal feels like a mistake at this point as he's the only keeper I've tried that hasn't let me down so I'm looking at a La Liga/Prem hybrid. Has anyone tried Modric or De Jong yet? Either would work, but I haven't seen much of Modric this year which makes me think there's some obvious flaw with him.

I'm also rethinking my Icon Swaps, Nesta has been a monster when I've played against him, and if I take him I can also get Keane which looks like a great card. Surely better value than taking Gerrard or Owen as I was planning, but then I'd have to look at Roy Keane's cunt face every time I fancied a game.

I had otw de jong and he was brilliant ,i only sold him cos i made 100k profit on him,but im saving to buy him back now:lol:big mistake.

I also had modric but he was slow and very weak,i feel like hes a 90 rated because he is modric, his stats other than passing are pretty standard

8 hours ago, Steely said:

I used Sissoko and Vidal as my middle pairing, Vidal is bloody brilliant, he was absolutely everywhere, my main defensive tactic consisted of getting hold of him any time they came into my final third, first jockeying the spaces and then closing in for the kill.

What's De Jong like?  I played against him twice last night and he seemed really nippy.

I've unlocked Nesta and played a few games with him now, and I have to say he's not bad. I can't think of any better centre backs that I've used. The only thing I would say is that he's terrible on the ball, and I like to play out from the back, but as long as I'm quick to get rid of it once he has it, it's not too much of an issue. 

Doing this has kind of locked me into Keane though. I had Keane's loan card last year, and he was great, but it'll hurt having a Manchester United legend in the team.

I actually did it lads, I have Politano. Only cost me about 400 skill points.

(I basically went ultra attacking every match and lost most of my games about 7-4)

(Also, from the 40 players I got, not one was a board)

3 hours ago, Timmo said:

(I basically went ultra attacking every match and lost most of my games about 7-4)

I'm maybe halfway through I think? Tough going, only scoring 2/3 goals a game. Oddly quite enjoying the guys who dab and shush when they score their 7th goal with IF Ben Yedder against my 77 rated team... how shit must their lives be to have wining against a Div 7 objectives player be the utter highlight if their day?

4 hours ago, Timmo said:

He looks great for a Serie A team, in an area that there's not much other choice past Cuadrado. See a video the other day with someone that had him on day one and he tore it up, especially with his 4* weak foot cutting inside. 

45 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Suarez is 37k!

I've been using him with Engine behind the striker and he's an absolute beast. He doesn't even feel slow at all and bullies everyone, I assume due to his aggression/strength combo.

Ah I've been well tempted by him, but thought Bale is better up top. You've convinced me to give him a bash.

1 hour ago, Mitchell said:

I had a cool header happen a while ago, you'd think he'd volley it, but he does a weird diving Van Persie thing!  Maybe because it was (I think) Immobile and he has high Heading? 

That's beautiful. Almost as beautiful as the name of the clip.

Surprised myself by completing 7 icon swaps objectives. Tried for a while to get the Premier League one this evening only to realise after a few games that I had miscounted the number of first owner players in my team. Worst case, I do another few easy objectives from the next batch and end up with Guardiola, which having never owned an icon before is actually quite an exciting prospect.