rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

Well that was ridiculous.

Only very slight annoyance is Tonali being untradeable but I can hardly complain, he'll just replace Keane when I get Essien. Easily my best pre-TOTS pull ever! Can't believe it.

And the rest of the opening was more than decent. De Gea, Vertonghen twice, Chiellini. Nothing else close to Tonali but a number of very decent pulls. Far beyond anything I've seen before.

• Upvote 2

11pm: Britain leaves the EU.

11:42pm: Timmo packs untold boards, walkouts, and a Future Stars card.

Sunlit Uplands indeed.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Steely said:

Grats Timmo! Tonali looks like an absolute beast!

Yeah, he's crazy. I was gonna play him in Keane's position but he scored 4 goals in 7 matches last night so I think he's gonna have to play further forward, he's obviously amazing.

If you can stretch to making a team of all first owned, all French, all Ligue 1 players, you can do three online swap tokens at once.

Your three super subs, whoever you want, will be fine as usual.

• Upvote 1

Man I'm a sucker for SBCs. Did Alphonso Davies immediately. I never got FUTmas Roussillon so it wasn't a hard decision.

40 minutes ago, Swallow said:

Man I'm a sucker for SBCs. Did Alphonso Davies immediately. I never got FUTmas Roussillon so it wasn't a hard decision.

Ti's a tempting one, especially with that Akanji eying me up as the end of season reward. 

Last run for Icon swaps. On 13 now. Aim for a big Ron by end of next weekend!! Can’t see past him at all really. 

17 hours ago, hannay said:

Last run for Icon swaps. On 13 now. Aim for a big Ron by end of next weekend!! Can’t see past him at all really. 

Just a word of warning, every review I've seen has said that his 89 isn't a patch on his other cards.

2 minutes ago, Steely said:

@Ballzzie did you go for Salah in the end? He is over 2m this morning.

Ballzie was right all along.

I have to say, the market hasn't crashed again like I expected. Future stars being spread over two weeks is the culprit, I think, meaning prices are still high.

High rated fodder is low, I've bought a few over the last few days thinking an expensive SBC would be along to bump up prices, but they've continued to slowly sink. I think now and tomorrow is a good time to invest in 87+ cards as I expect at least one expensive Future Stars SBC. Obviously I could end up being completely wrong but I don't see much risk at low 20ks prices.

I got bored waiting for the market to crash and spent a lot of coins. 

I haven’t played Fifa properly for about 6 weeks and felt like doing some fut champs, I’m off work Monday because of the super bowl.

On 01/02/2020 at 09:50, Timmo said:

If you can stretch to making a team of all first owned, all French, all Ligue 1 players, you can do three online swap tokens at once.

Your three super subs, whoever you want, will be fine as usual.

Can it be 9 first owned french League 1 players? With 2 other first owned French? Was thinking I could use Loan Henry for this. 

14 minutes ago, Steely said:

Can it be 9 first owned french League 1 players? With 2 other first owned French? Was thinking I could use Loan Henry for this. 

No, because one of the tokens is for eleven Ligue 1 players.

Edit - actually I'm not sure, can't check right now

There's a 9 first owner Ligue 1 objective, an 11 French players objective and an 11 first owner objective. Doing 11 first owned French Ligue 1 players lets you do all three at the same time. Probably pretty tough though and may end up quicker only attempting 2 of the 3 unless you've relegated yourself.

So yes. 9 L1 First owner players, 11 first owned in total and all French

Yeah sorry, it definitely does work, I just did one with Henry starting and all three triggered.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Timmo said:

Just a word of warning, every review I've seen had said that his 89 isn't a patch on his other cards.

urg!! Don’t be saying that :lol:

I did Jovic. I hate him. Feels so heavy and unwieldy, even with engine. This is why very rarely do attacking SBCs.

6 minutes ago, hannay said:

urg!! Don’t be saying that :lol:

Provided you've not already done one of his SBCs it's not too late to change, right?

I'm at a quandary myself. Keane has been almost flawless for me. I'm not convinced Essien, smaller, high/high work rates, will be better. But there's no one else I really want. I could do the mid pack...

23 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I did Jovic. I hate him. Feels so heavy and unwieldy, even with engine. This is why very rarely do attacking SBCs.

Guttered! I've been eying him up aswell, really liked his 83 early doors. :seanr:

Mid pack mid pack! 

Ive already spunked my 6 on Heirro. No idea what I am doing these extra ones for. Nothing else below 12 actually starts in my team. :ph34r:

Anyone doing Odegaard, it looks like an absolute ball ache. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Steely said:

Guttered! I've been eying him up aswell, really liked his 83 early doors. :seanr:

Mid pack mid pack! 

Ive already spunked my 6 on Heirro. No idea what I am doing these extra ones for. Nothing else below 12 actually starts in my team. :ph34r:

Anyone doing Odegaard, it looks like an absolute ball ache. :lol:

If you do all the rest you can do the mid pack...

Edit - just realised you must have missed 6

I’m not gonna risk a icon pack gamble. 

Ill look at them again...

8 hours ago, Steely said:

@Ballzzie did you go for Salah in the end? He is over 2m this morning.

Of course he is.

But I sold him and Wijnaldum to get coins for FFS, which was a massive waste of course. Opened so many packs and not a sniff.

2 hours ago, hannay said:

I’m not gonna risk a icon pack gamble. 

Ill look at them again...

Big Ron or Del Piero really. Maybe Essien.