rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

I've got this team ready and was going to buy his NIF today but with this new promo (position changes and boosts) I'm going to hold off just in case someone interesting comes along who I can fit in.

IMG_20200220_223148.jpg

I’m Sheffield United short of completing the Premier League SBCs. 

Given the added player recently is Shaqiri, the last thing I need (or anyone needs!?) is a Premiership RW. 

do we think they’ll add another player in the future?

12 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

Those new Shapeshifters might have something interesting.

I've not played for aaaages, but just popped in to say....fuck me! Have you seen the David Luis CDM?!

:omg:

75363088_SmartSelect_20200221-190214_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7226d61b525978754071fd6e70928df1.jpg

I bought him earlier whilst watch Chelsea/Tott. 1.350,000, it was a snipe. A good one considering the other prices....Then I remembered I wrote the above post. :facepalm:

• Empathy 1

6 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

So far, he has been really good, like a big Kante.

which Chem did you go for?

1 hour ago, hannay said:

which Chem did you go for?

Catalyst

Speed and passing needed. His defence it already top draw.

3 years in and I've finally made it.

The last match was a slog, came back from 4-2 HT to 4-4 FT, then 5-5 XT and then onto Pens. Never been so stressed and buzzing, immense. Now let's get Messi to top it all off!

IMG_20200223_225231.jpg

• Upvote 1

I finished on 20 this week but it was a crapshoot, I absolutely refuse to get involved with the low depth overload ball-side bullshit and I'm not going to use it, no matter how many of my opponents do.

Inception sums it up, the game is a mess. It needs patching ASAP.

I finished 20/4 for the weekend.

I would have pushed for Elite but I had 5 games in a row where the other player quit after 20/25 minutes in game at 0-0, i dont know whether they are doing a no loss glitch or if they are just that toxic they'd rather take an L but make the other person have to play.

• Upvote 1

Well done mate.

So many games saw with 2 orange bars for the connection. I read up on the Loss Glitch one said you need to tether your PS4 to your phone and then play and if you think you will lose, make a call on the phone and that kills the connection but doesn't give the loss.

13 hours ago, Timmo said:

I finished on 20 this week but it was a crapshoot, I absolutely refuse to get involved with the low depth overload ball-side bullshit and I'm not going to use it, no matter how many of my opponents do.

I'm still rocking my 41212, people who rely on overload ball side get undone by me making my fullbacks attack because it makes them play very central and i suddenly switch it, none of them follow the runners.

13 hours ago, Timmo said:

Oh wow, such an angry man. :lol:

The thing is, he absolutely dicks on everyone in that video with silly dribbling and skill moves in and around the area all of which defy belief, and then when someone sets up to stop him getting in the area. Pure rage because its not realistic.

How can he not see the juxtaposition of that. :ph34r:

I mean yeah, if you put on those tactics from the off and thats how you play every game then your a bit of a shitter. But if you come up against someone, who starts rinsing you with fancy dribbling, you're well within you rights surely. Much like real life football, if you are not as good, you defend in numbers and hope for the best. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Steely said:

Oh wow, such an angry man. :lol:

The thing is, he absolutely dicks on everyone in that video with silly dribbling and skill moves in and around the area all of which defy belief, and then when someone sets up to stop him getting in the area. Pure rage because its not realistic.

How can he not see the juxtaposition of that. :ph34r:

I mean yeah, if you put on those tactics from the off and thats how you play every game then your a bit of a shitter. But if you come up against someone, who starts rinsing you with fancy dribbling, you're well within you rights surely. Much like real life football, if you are not as good, you defend in numbers and hope for the best. 

Because he's dicking on them when the gameplay is good, once you get to 17 wins ball rolls dont work, fake shots have a high chance of booting the ball down the pitch, they just add loads of error to your team and make it a slog, large drawn out animations when you want to just play quick slick football and it becomes impossible.

Then you get the guys who are willing to just defend with everybody back hoping for the inevitable shafting when they can break with fast players and score a shit tap in.

It's infuriating.

Exactly why I won’t waste my time with the Weekend League. Rivals is frustrating enough at times. 

I keep an eye on this thread for fun. Typical there are some great Japanese cards this year and I didn't buy it. I've missed too many of them now. 

kimmich. Wow. What a lovely card. Plays like a dream. Can’t decide where to play him just yet, such a great pass on him. Epic box to box. 

Really surprised that nobody has commented how sluggish the gameplay was over the weekend. Even in squad battles it felt so badly delayed. I don't normally play at the weekend so maybe others are used to it, but I'd say 50% of weekend league games were utterly horrible with delay. If it was like that all the time I really wouldn't bother with this game at all, but that was as bad as it's got for me in fifa 20. Nobody else found that? 

I certainly had a few games like that, especially on Friday. Rest were the usual. Just depends where the person is you face. I find all Germans and Dutchies have an advantage over me. Had to quit a rivals match earlier because his players were moving twice as fast as mine. Every pass I made by the time my player received the ball and turned, their player was on me. Each time. I played 35 game minutes then quit at 0-0.

This was a better result though:

On 23/02/2020 at 13:22, Ballzzie said:

So far, he has been really good, like a big Kante.

HOW RUDE

• Upvote 1

:lol:

glad it’s not just me that finds him brilliantly effective though. Just seems to be there when you need him. 

Anyone close to Level 30 and deciding which of the three players to go for? I’m just off 29 so about 8700XP away from the decision. 

none of the players would make my main starting 11, however I sometimes use both Premiership and Bundesliga line ups. 

That leaves Akanji at Central defence in my Bundesliga squad or Kovacic in the heart of my Prem line up. 

I suspect the vote would go towards Akanji but both do look decent enough cards!

anyone have any thoughts on these players?

6 hours ago, hannay said:

Anyone close to Level 30 and deciding which of the three players to go for? I’m just off 29 so about 8700XP away from the decision. 

none of the players would make my main starting 11, however I sometimes use both Premiership and Bundesliga line ups. 

That leaves Akanji at Central defence in my Bundesliga squad or Kovacic in the heart of my Prem line up. 

I suspect the vote would go towards Akanji but both do look decent enough cards!

anyone have any thoughts on these players?

Considering how good his Gold card is, I'd definitely get Akanji.