rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

Well that was by some way the most mental pack opening ever.

I go for untradeables.

In my untradeable packs I get TAA TOTS and Cristiano Ronaldo! First time I've ever packed him in any FIFA.

Nothing in my tradeable packs but my two picks are Robertson and Jordan Henderson, very happy with those.

Crazy! Just trying to work out how I can fit them in!

My luck has been beyond off the charts for the last week.

• Upvote 4

Goalkeeper specials for me. :seanr:

Alisson and Henderson.

Already have TOTY Alisson so off he goes into SBC land.

• Empathy 2

I think this is about as good as I can get it for now, everyone except Son and Courtouis untradeable!

Screenshot_20200507-121532_Photos.thumb.jpg.988abe5ab02fc8e56b7e221bca1f5e66.jpg

• Upvote 2

I got Alisson and Wan Bissaka in my player picks, nothing in my other packs.

So that leaves me with untradeable

TOTS Jordan Henderson

TOTS Robertson

TOTS Soyuncu

TOTS Wan Bissaka

TOTS Alisson

A Fut Birthday van Dijk & Pogba and a TOTS or TOTY Mane may need to be bought... the question is, who do i put next to van dijk at Centre Back? Soyuncu isnt getting in my team.

Screenshot_20200507_175706.thumb.jpg.942be9a674d8bf973359e436ba899d72.jpg

Bloody hell lads.

Heres mine. :ph34r:

Its been an odd fifa for me, having so many constants in my team, I usually tear the squad up and start again fairly frequently. 

I think I'm finally done. My whole club has been drained and I've got enough for a couple of last Prem packs, but being on a ban and missing this whole event and not packing anyone of worth, and getting that fucking GK for my guaranteed Prem player has killed my passion for it. Saved me from the temptation of spending on it which is good, a mate of mine had spent hundreds and not got anyone good.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

Screenshot_20200507_223428.jpg

Thats my club, now pretty much all out of tradeables over 82, took sooooo many packs to get this guy.

Annoyingly, would of much preferred a LB to replace Carlos, but Wan should be better than the flower that is Bellerin.

4 hours ago, carlospie said:

That was a long quit. Two whole hours! 

Ha I know, couldn't take the sweats and the cramps, had to get a hit.

Damn. The Prem TOTSSF players are going up in value. Have I missed the boat on these now? I was gonna pay 450k For Jordan Henderson but waited for him to drop more now he’s 570!!

31 minutes ago, hannay said:

Damn. The Prem TOTSSF players are going up in value. Have I missed the boat on these now? I was gonna pay 450k For Jordan Henderson but waited for him to drop more now he’s 570!!

Prem players will rise today as people buy for their teams and they're also quite likely to rise when they come out of packs.

I'd consider waiting until Sunday as some people will be selling to build La Liga TOTS teams. But who knows.

Given that prem tots the season is over and that's the majority of the content for most players I was having a retrospective thought that.  For all i can say I don't like the game, think the servers are terrible etc... Putting that to the side FIFA just seems to be abandoning casual player entirely.  Division rivals is actually terrible.  It's anti fun and incremental reward as it's a once a week hit rather than you could get a 7k input every 6 games or so in old rivals, you could play for an evening and see an actual benefit.  The rewards are very much untradeable for everything other than fut champs now, all sbc, div rivals etc.  Most high level player don't even want to touch div rivals and with champs giving div points there is no reason for them to do so. it's only people playing for objectives so 3/4 games are just throw away teams insta quiting if they see anything other than them.  For all it sounds like objectives are good it just fills the pool with people trying to complete garbage objectives like win 5 rivals with 11 connembol players. Who wants to do that?  Really people want to try and grind away with players that straight miss the majority of chances.

I'm not a big fut points spender so I am just not EAs target market and as they are making more money each year I can't imagine that'll change but I just wanted a rant for how much I hate how FIFA has changed into this direction.  I really miss the fut champs qualifying tournaments and seasons.  2 weeks for events with 11 special players each week is literally just a way to drain more money out of people in fut points.  It serves no other purpose.

• Upvote 1

honestly, it’s not enough that he takes me to extra time with 0 shots but he quits at 2-2 in pens and I have to go through it all over again.

Ugh, I should be happy that I scraped Gold 1 (Elite 3 feels beyond me again, now) but the game is such a slog right now. You have possession for 5 mins until you get a lucky bounce and score or lose it, and then it's the other player's turn.

It's also annoying that Sergio Aguero's 96 card isn't as good as basically any Ben Yedder card. When you and your opponent are only getting a handful of tight chances per match a 5* weak foot is a huge advantage.

4 hours ago, gooner4life said:

honestly, it’s not enough that he takes me to extra time with 0 shots but he quits at 2-2 in pens and I have to go through it all over again.

That's the sort of prick I'd message and get banned for.

All the TOTS players I have used so far, and its not many to be fair, have been rather underwhelming.

Actually when playing the WL, I cant say I didn't have a single game where I though, woah that TOTS player I just came up against is a beast! In fact it was the opposite, it was players from previous promos who I took note of, David Luis CDM killed me. Konate kills me every time, and I see him alllll the fucking time. IF Son constantly bested me. Ben Bloody Yedder.

I dropped my own TOTS players Thiago, Robertson and TAA dropped for Vidal, Bellerin and Alphonso Davies after about 10 games, they just feel better to me, much stronger and quicker.

Bizarre.

Anyway over the course of Thursday/Friday, I demolished my club. Went SBC crazy, dropped every bronze and silver and none rare gold I had into Upgrades. Then all rares into PL upgrades.

Players of note landed:

Mbappe (From a gold upgrade pack)

Hazard (From a gold upgrade pack)

Kovacic (TOTS)

De Gea (Normal)

Then some SBC guff, not much, most of it came from gold upgrades, prem upgrades were brutal.

That was going from 2000 players owned to 450 owned.

I then punted any cards with decent ratings that I dont use into 2x Mid Icon packs and rounded it off with, Zola and Inzaghi. :omg:

Good times! Got Gold 2, so I look forward to two completely pointless TOTS players on Thursday based on current experience.

TOTS - Aguero and VVD are absolutley first rate.

TOTS - Mane and Henderson I have yet to make my mind up on

Sticking a tots badge on a player won't suddenly make them good.  Gold mbappe is still a beast.  I've tots son and Mahrez and they're great.  Mahrez in particular I really rate but tbh I think his 50k inform was good.  Hence the tots badge not suddenly making a bad player good.  I really like a 5 star player up front though and anyone with 5 star skills 4 star weak foot was already a boosted player anyway.  So the tots boost isn't the be all and end all.  I've also tots moments goretzka and he's great at fighting for the ball in midfield but missed a 1 yard open net from a cut back the other night and you're kind of like, why do you pay 500k in an sbc for a player who can't tap in from a yard out?

Its not just sticking badge on them though, its giving the silly stats but they just don't feel like they reflect those silly stats to me.

Its all too subjective I suppose. TAA I've found crap, Bellerin I have found amazing, but others would feel the exact opposite.

I suppose the argument could be had, its almost as if TOTS isn't turning none meta players meta. :ph34r:

23 minutes ago, Steely said:

Its not just sticking badge on them though, its giving the silly stats but they just don't feel like they reflect those silly stats to me.

Its all too subjective I suppose. TAA I've found crap, Bellerin I have found amazing, but others would feel the exact opposite.

I suppose the argument could be had, its almost as if TOTS isn't turning none meta players meta. :ph34r:

I've been playing TAA as my more forward thinking CDM and switching Essien to right back - I'm not sure how Vidal is doing for you but may be worth a go at least or maybe even for Makielelelele if Vidal can be your defender. TAA is better there than at right back, I think, and it gets Essien (cough - SHIT) out of my midfield.

Cheers man, I'll give him a whirl in midfield. Makes sense considering his passing stats!

Packed de Jong after doing 3 la liga packs. Immediately feels 10 times better than Henderson. Very glad now I did Fati for the link. La liga blues seemed to be dropping in ridiculously large amounts last night. 

This is a really cool guide for anyone looking to mix things up:

I spent a couple of hours last night playing with it and it was nice to mix things up from the usual 4-2-3-1 dull stuff. My results were about the same as normal but I can definitely see potential to get better.

• Upvote 1

I couldn't think of anywhere else to put this...but with you beautiful nutcases.  Miss you.  

• Upvote 3

I've not played for months, but I'm going to have a go this week, and probably get battered due to a combination of shitty outdated team and rusty skills. Going with this using Timmo's guide, all on full chem. Once I've cleared a bit more out, Trezeguet will be swapped for Mbappe.

Screenshot_20200514-151846_Companion.jpg