rllmuk
Timmo

Ultimate Team

After spending too much time and money on FIFA 18, I gave 19 a miss. But the recent PSN sale and the lack of football on TV lately tempted me back in. So after only 2 weeks, this is my team.

1AC7F736-5D78-497B-BF84-ECD542335BAE.jpeg

Packed De Gea and two shit TOTS (Petros and Muslera) but mainly it’s the league SBC grind that’s paid off so far.

Now I just have to remember how to play FIFA effectively!

54 minutes ago, LiMuBai said:

After spending too much time and money on FIFA 18, I gave 19 a miss. But the recent PSN sale and the lack of football on TV lately tempted me back in. So after only 2 weeks, this is my team.

1AC7F736-5D78-497B-BF84-ECD542335BAE.jpeg

If you're wondering about where to go next, you can start to go for TOTS players (although most Prem TOTS are pricey), or you can aim for FUT Birthday players, most of which are dropping in price. A lot of these players have 5* weak foot as well as big stat boosts, which is brilliant for attacking players.

https://www.futbin.com/20/players?page=1&version=fut-bd

You might need to hybrid or switch leagues, but players like Lasagna for 49k , Lozano for 49k, and Havertz for 155k are great bargains.

1 hour ago, Ballzzie said:

Whats Maguire like mate?

Jerec?

Maguire is a beast. He can feel a little sluggish when having to turn and chase quickly, but other than that nothing gets past him

Thanks @Timmo. I’ll see what (if anything) I pack over the next few weeks and then maybe build my hybrid team around that. I’m making coins right now by selling all my rare gold Bundesliga players for 2300-2400 and picking up as many rare gold Seria A players as I can find for 1000-1200 ready to double up on next week, so I won’t be cash flush for a while

On 19/05/2020 at 10:38, LiMuBai said:

Jerec?

Maguire is a beast. He can feel a little sluggish when having to turn and chase quickly, but other than that nothing gets past him

Yes mate hows it hanging. Name was changed when my Jerec PSN was disabled. Then it was re-enabled but I can only change the forum name once a year :rolleyes:

New team! After being lucky enough to get Suarez and Carvajal in upgrade packs, and spending almost every last coin, and lots and LOTS of fiddling, got everyone except Carvajal on top chem!

I've got the fuckin' PREDATOR in midfield, boys.

Screenshot_20200521-112604_Companion.thumb.jpg.e11a3049668f38aa355563701413d943.jpg

Bloody typical that I pack Reus, Sommer and Haland today just after they go out of packs... 

• Empathy 2

When do the Liga Nos TOTSSF cards go out of packs? And which minor league is next to replace it?

19 hours ago, LiMuBai said:

Bloody typical that I pack Reus, Sommer and Haland today just after they go out of packs... 

Just remember that you wouldn't have gotten them anyway - their pack rate is much lower when they are special versions.

As I said up thread, I got back into this in the week, and I just got battered for about 15 games, my skill rating dropping from high division 5 to low division 6. I gave it up, and resigned myself to the fact that I was just complete dogshit at FIFA now. Playing my Switch docked for the first time in a while, however, I noticed that my TV had reset itself to cinema mode from game mode, presumably in an update, and that had introduced a huge amount of input lag :doh:

Tried again tonight, selling up again and going with the team below, with TOTY Kante subbing on for Keane at the start, everyone full chem except Ter Stegen on 7. I'm still not as good as I was, but I managed a few wins at least, which has made me happy. As far as impressions go, Taarabt and Rafa are both disgusting, superb dribbling and shooting on both of them. Gabriel might be the best CDM I've used this year, he's an absolute unit yet he can get himself about the pitch with ease. Vinicius is fine, but not quite as nimble as I'd like - one way I could improve the team would be to get CR7 in for him, but I am not even close to having the resources to get him in. I'd also like to swap Nesta for someone quicker, but I have no idea how I'll manage that.

Screenshot_20200525-012030_Companion.jpg

After the horrific gameplay the last couple of weekends, I decided to experiment and sold FUT Bday Mbappe with the 5* weak foot and FUT Bday Allan Saint Maximin with the 5* 5*.

I had a total of 10 million coins, so replaced them with Gold Mbappe for 217k and Gold Allan Saint Maximin (79 rated lol) and finished Gold 1 which i couldnt make last week.

Team rating was still 192, and while Saint Max didnt score a single goal all weekend, Mbappe scored 51 in 30 games including lots of weak foot goals that his Birthday card was missing last week.

In short, special cards, like much of this game are a fraud.

2 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

After the horrific gameplay the last couple of weekends, I decided to experiment and sold FUT Bday Mbappe with the 5* weak foot and FUT Bday Allan Saint Maximin with the 5* 5*.

I had a total of 10 million coins, so replaced them with Gold Mbappe for 217k and Gold Allan Saint Maximin (79 rated lol) and finished Gold 1 which i couldnt make last week.

Team rating was still 192, and while Saint Max didnt score a single goal all weekend, Mbappe scored 51 in 30 games including lots of weak foot goals that his Birthday card was missing last week.

In short, special cards, like much of this game are a fraud.

Weak foot on birthday cards are definitely messed up. Whilst I scored plenty with birthday Griezmann's right foot, I realised that finesse shots don't work with it (they come out incredibly weak) and outside foot shots don't trigger with the 'weak' foot. Only standard shots work. So yeah, bad programming, I think.

I was getting frustrated this weak and ended up buying gold Neymar, Mbappe and 87 Ben Yedder, dropping Suarez and Aguero.

As ever, I ended Gold 1. Elite 3 seems unreachable at the moment. I think a lot of it is down to only better players playing now, meaning fewer easy games. I messaged quite a few of my opponents and all were either Gold 1 or Elite+, and the harder games started from about 5 wins.

Just now, Timmo said:

Weak foot on birthday cards are definitely messed up. Whilst I scored plenty with birthday Griezmann's right foot, I realised that finesse shots don't work with it (they come out incredibly weak) and outside foot shots don't trigger with the 'weak' foot. Only standard shots work. So yeah, bad programming, I think.

I was getting frustrated this weak and ended up buying gold Neymar, Mbappe and 87 Ben Yedder, dropping Suarez and Aguero.

As ever, I ended Gold 1. Elite 3 seems unreachable at the moment. I think a lot of it is down to only better players playing now, meaning fewer easy games. I messaged quite a few of my opponents and all were either Gold 1 or Elite+, and the harder games started from about 5 wins.

It's a combination of bad servers and DDA being well over aggressive I think mate. my mate who normally struggles for Gold 3 finished gold 2 last week, he would have beat loads of people who he normally wouldn't because of DDA.

15 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I noticed that my TV had reset itself to cinema mode from game mode, presumably in an update, and that had introduced a huge amount of input lag :doh:

As far as excuses go, this is a cracker.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Baring said:

It's actually completely true, believe it or not.

1 hour ago, Baring said:

:lol: I'll gladly admit I'm shit, but I must have gone 15 games without a win before I realised. 

• Upvote 1

I've started playing this again, i still have the fear for playing online though so just been doing squad battles. I really should just take the pain and play rivals shouldn't i.

Rivals is very much depending on objectoves. IF the Icon swaps are released, expect a load of Div 1 players to self relegate to Div 8 and 9 and suddenly rivla s is awful. 

Then you get weeks like this where it's normal, and useless players like me in the lower divisions actually stand a chance!

• Upvote 1

Didn’t know it was possible to get the same player twice in the same pack?

019108CD-EE59-47A9-AA90-DBE51FDB95AE.png

Just finished my team with the addition of Kante. 

Screenshot_20200531-022305_Companion_compress52.thumb.jpg.af8a8618040bac4d60e5afb210c8fe67.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have him untradeable. Don't rate him myself, he's obviously good but he's heavy (stocky body type) and his left foot is very unreliable. If I'm spending that much on someone I'd want 5* weak foot.

I've never noticed lack of left. He's been an utter goal machine for me. 

Only two players I'm unsure about in the 11 are Henderson and Robertson.