Ultimate Team

Timmo

I doubt it! Tavernier looks crazy. Wish I hadn't put him in an SBC and had him as a supersub, I hadn't realised. Wan Bissaka might be marginally better as a centre back, but I've used Telles there who is 5'11" and he was flawless. 

That pick is awesome. I got a bpl pile of shit lb. I bet they are making more money from the preview packs than ever before, taunting you in that shop window so you can see what you are getting. Very clever business model. 

The Atal objectives are really good, even his 87 is a more than usable card and they can be done in both rivals or squad battles. Contrast with the Arsenal duo objectives, they can only be completed in a specific friendlies playlist where you'll come across the sweatiest players going. I completed them both last night and then gave away goals and wins to try and save others from some of the pain.

5 hours ago, Mitchell said:

The objectives for Atal are nonsense though. Fuck that!  

You can get the 91 in four matches!

Buy the 87 off the market for under 20k, write down everything you need to do (all squad battles), have it done in an hour. I watched Netflix for most of it. You'll also unlock an untradeable Atal 87 for SBCs or whatever. 

Then sell the 87 for next to no loss.

Then just do the 94 at your own pace over the month if you want to. The 91 is crazy enough.

On 24/07/2021 at 12:45, Mitchell said:

Should I buy this 50k pack?  🙈

E7AISknWYAAU614.thumb.jpg.0e5d8cc15a5fe35e43ea26b89d6bdfb6.jpg

I saw this and thought you lucky fuck, EA never give me a pack like this.

Then I checked out my preview 35k pack......98 Lewandowski!!!!!

Worth 140K😒

4 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

I saw this and thought you lucky fuck, EA never give me a pack like this.

Then I checked out my preview 35k pack......98 Lewandowski!!!!!

Worth 140K😒

Ah, he's really bloody good though.  Funnily enough, I only just replaced him after packing that Zidane.  He's deadly (that 5* WF).  Get a Kimmich behind and a Bundesliga manager and they are both on 8 chem.

2 hours ago, Mitchell said:

Ah, he's really bloody good though.  Funnily enough, I only just replaced him after packing that Zidane.  He's deadly (that 5* WF).  Get a Kimmich behind and a Bundesliga manager and they are both on 8 chem.

The Lewa in packs is the TOTY version unfortunately, which only has 4* WF.

Sell him (if you can) and get Josef Martinez if you want to try a proper player.  Benzema was always shit at passing, slow to turn and unreliable at shooting when I had him.

I'm back in...

4 minutes ago, klargon said:

Sell him (if you can) and get Josef Martinez if you want to try a proper player.  Benzema was always shit at passing, slow to turn and unreliable at shooting when I had him.

I'm back in...

95 Isak if you want the best cheap striker in the game, I was scoring more with him than I am with 99 Neymar

I'm going to give weekend league a go. I have a decent enough (if not quite top tier) PL team and it would be nice to get some red picks. I'll try not to destroy my controller/TV.

3 minutes ago, Swallow said:

I'm going to give weekend league a go. I have a decent enough (if not quite top tier) PL team and it would be nice to get some red picks. I'll try not to destroy my controller/TV.

If you can get to Div 4ish you should be able to get to Silver 1 at least - good luck.

Only tip is to make sure you don't quit when losing - the game won't register the loss against your ELO.

13 minutes ago, Swallow said:

Won my first placement game then lost the rest, some close, some not so close. I've won the next two after those against much easier opponents.

Placement games, in Weekend League? I think they're only for Divisions.

7 minutes ago, Swallow said:

Whatever the first five matches are called.

Ah I understand now, for whatever reason you have to play 5 before you can get a reward. Then you'll work your way through Bronze 3,2,1, Silver 3,2,1 etc. Matchmaking is hidden throughout but generally the more you have won the harder your opponents.

24 minutes ago, Swallow said:

No need for that etc, I'm not hitting gold!

I meant to ask, did you see the objective for using Prem players? If you have 8 in your starting line up you get instant red picks at 7, 12 and 15 wins.

I'm doing that prem one this weekend, finding my team to be a bit crap. 91 Kante is shocking, along with 92 Traore.

Think I preferred my badly put together Spanish side from last weekend.