IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

Got this so far, the Ben Yedder is untradable.

Also have an Aubamayang ready to sell probably tomorrow evening which should net me close to 60k. 

Screenshot_20210929-002849.thumb.png.758536cba384cbdcca6cb51847c2f73b.png

Really enjoying this so far. Somehow have made it to Division 8 despite not knowing how to shoot or defend.

Thanks Futhead was the other site, it has a good player database that allows you to filter. Now to wait for the postman to deliver & get jealous at all of you posting your pack opening rewards.

Can someone please explain to me what the actual fuck is going on with Rivals progression? You progress by winning but then there are separate rewards in each division depending how many wins you get, but it’s appears to simply be an incremental path where you can’t move back? What am I missing?

Im sure it will make sense at some point but it’s just looks like complication for the sake of it right now.

Actually really enjoying Squad Battles and (very) slowly getting to grips with what to do and not to do on defending but still all over the place at times. 

Rivals record is 1 win 1 draw 2 losses at the moment so will get into that again later today once I know what I am actually working toward :)

Player wise, as @Steelysaid Ruben Dias is an absolute Rolls Royce of a CB with Rudiger a superb partner for him. My FBs need upgraded but will do for now. Ndidi is good but I’m not getting the best out of him. Firmino and Bernardo Silva at CM are getting wasted in my formation. Vinicius and Bailey are a joy to play with. Intelligent runs, great on the ball and Hawk cards make them solid finishers. Then of course Larsson is just Larsson, legend!!

A very pleasing and better than expected first 6 or 7 hours on all fronts I have to say. Oh apart from career mode, which is identical to last year and was already a very tired and unexciting mode. Such a waste aswell as the gloss and presentation is off the scale while the career mechanics and ‘manager’ side of it is beyond dated.

I have 92k in the bank and a team that could do me for about a month so I have no excuse for not getting the most out of UT this year. I always liked having an excuse aswell… bastard!

Couldn't really figure it out myself.  https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/fifa/fifa-ultimate-team-division-rivals/.  Seems it's now based on seasons.  Says you can move down but I'm not sure if you just move down stages within a division, rather than the division itself.  Then there's the streak thing.  I won 7 in a row, which seemed to result in fast-tracking me to division 7.  I then lost 3 but didn't go anywhere.  No idea what the rewards will be though,

It’s an absolute fucking nonsense but this is my understanding after a ton of games:

• Everyone starts in Div 10
  • You progress by winning multiple games in a row, which trigger checkpoints (represented by flags). Checkpoints stop you losing progress
  • Trigger enough checkpoints and you get promoted

I don’t have a clue about relegation, I’m not sure if it’s possible anymore.

Regarding rewards, you can see them by clicking onto the biggest tab in game. There are three options which you can see by pressing square, a tradeable pack and some coins, untradable pack and more coins and (I think), untradeable and lots of FUT Champ qualification points. To get the best rewards you need to win 7 games in that game week. I’m in Div 5 now and it’s something like a Rare player pack and 17k coins for the untradeable, middle, option.

It's borderline incomprehensible. I’ve now qualified for FUT Champs qualifying where it gets even more confusing. I think I need to win 5 from 9 matches to qualify but I honestly can’t be sure.

This shit is making Destiny 2 look straightforward.

Once you hit a checkpoint in Rivals you can't go back (i.e. get relegated to a lower division) so it's an inexorable rise to whichever division you top out at and can't progress further. I'm guessing they made the change to stop the relegation shenanigans in FIFA 21 but it does seem a bit over-complicated?

And you need to go through a qualifying tournament to reach weekend league this year (as Timmo says, 5 wins out of 9 qualifying matches). If you don't qualify then you go back to zero points and have to start all over again....

6 minutes ago, klargon said:

Qualifying for the weekend league sounds ludicrous.  30 games in a weekend is already a massive grind!

It's now 20 which is good. You also get your rewards as soon as you finish which is a nice touch as well. 

I also think it's quite a low number of wins to qualify for the next one, so once you're in it's not actually too bad.

Hold on a fucking minute…. You play Rivals to earn FUT champ points, that get you into a qualifier thing and you have to get so far in that to even get a crack at the weekend league?  How did they think this was any kind of way to structure it? 

This qualifier thing, can it just be played any time when you have enough FUT champ points to enter?

6 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Hold on a fucking minute…. You play Rivals to earn FUT champ points, that get you into a qualifier thing and you have to get so far in that to even get a crack at the weekend league?  How did they think this was any kind of way to structure it? 

This qualifier thing, can it just be played any time when you have enough FUT champ points to enter?

Yeah, it's available now if you have enough points. I'm gonna wait until there's more people in it before I have a crack. 

23 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Yeah, it's available now if you have enough points. I'm gonna wait until there's more people in it before I have a crack. 

What div are you in? Have you been hammering it to get into FUT champs? I'm no where near! Also koulibaly is immense. 

Screenshot_20210929-105823_Companion.thumb.jpg.f363934306dcb6fa59594946ab7b578b.jpg

I did an upgrade uptop!

Only played 3 games with Haaland but he feels a different class in comparison to what I've used before. (Inc Lukaku and Werner) Bellingham isn't great mind, but worth carrying to half time for Haaland.

I tried a Grealish for 5 games but didn't get much out of him, Sterling feels so insanely sharp. Makes me want more teeny tiny players who are good at dribbling. He's made Adama look like a bus in comparison.

In game...

Screenshot_20210929-105901_Companion.thumb.jpg.0c020bb271bfd3536e681e22a472c4b7.jpg

I'm up to div 6.  I've noticed a lot of better players now.  Playing a lot of llorente, rashford, played a couple of ronaldos.

I've actually turned on timed finishing though.  I've had it off but noticed people scoring some shots i think should have been saved when it's hit green timed.

51 minutes ago, Steely said:

Screenshot_20210929-105823_Companion.thumb.jpg.f363934306dcb6fa59594946ab7b578b.jpg

I did an upgrade uptop!

Only played 3 games with Haaland but he feels a different class in comparison to what I've used before. (Inc Lukaku and Werner) Bellingham isn't great mind, but worth carrying to half time for Haaland.

I tried a Grealish for 5 games but didn't get much out of him, Sterling feels so insanely sharp. Makes me want more teeny tiny players who are good at dribbling. He's made Adama look like a bus in comparison.

Nice team. Maybe try Foden instead of Mount, if you want short and agile players similar to Sterling. 

Timmo has the rivals stuff almost nailed on - relegation happens at the end of each season, chucking you back a few divisions. You also get a bonus reward at the end of each season, each division has 3 tiers which you unlock by playing 20, 50 and then 90 games that season.

I think I like the new system, once I got to division 1 last year it felt like I'd completed FIFA and had little motivation to keep playing, a partial reset every now and then should help. I'm a fan of the qualifying for weekend league too, you can play the games at your own pace, and with only 20 games to play in the actual weekend league, I'm more likely to actually finish them without getting bored. It'll stop people tanking their rankings for objectives too, which is nice.

Think I’ve found a gem of a Serie A striker in Lautaro Martinez, cost me 7k last night then I packed an untradeable version earlier today so hopefully his price rises a bit to make some profit. 

I’ve got Lukaku, Allan and Zaha sitting waiting for sale when the time is right, hopefully when the full game comes out the likes of them go up. Preorder guaranteed ones to watch should drop on Friday, I’m not tinkering any more until then but I’m fully expecting massive disappointment like when I got an Eredivisie TOTW from the other one this week. 

Game wise, I’m really enjoying rivals, despite the chaotic system so thanks to those above for explain how it actually works. Stopping self relegators will hopefully make the objective challenges more fun this year. Squad Battles is a bit meh as usual but the rewards are decent so kinda feel inclined to play it a fair bit. 

12 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

Think I’ve found a gem of a Serie A striker in Lautaro Martinez, cost me 7k last night then I packed an untradeable version earlier today so hopefully his price rises a bit to make some profit. 

I’ve got Lukaku, Allan and Zaha sitting waiting for sale when the time is right, hopefully when the full game comes out the likes of them go up. Preorder guaranteed ones to watch should drop on Friday, I’m not tinkering any more until then but I’m fully expecting massive disappointment like when I got an Eredivisie TOTW from the other one this week. 

Game wise, I’m really enjoying rivals, despite the chaotic system so thanks to those above for explain how it actually works. Stopping self relegators will hopefully make the objective challenges more fun this year. Squad Battles is a bit meh as usual but the rewards are decent so kinda feel inclined to play it a fair bit. 

I'm worried it will be like house prices though, your player value will go up but so will the price to buy others 

Nobody can really see that.  Probably something to do with taking a portrait photo of a landscape display, then taking a screengrab of the phone displaying that image, in a really low quality!  If only there was some other way...

Optimized-IMG_20210929_141325.thumb.jpg.603cebcf7c502f07cc97ca268fda12a5.jpg

7 minutes ago, klargon said:

Nobody can really see that.  Probably something to do with taking a portrait photo of a landscape display, then taking a screengrab of the phone displaying that image, in a really low quality!  If only there was some other way...

Hah I take a pic but it's 6 meg then screen grab me own phone. Hold on....

It's a bit better on desktop.  I would get Cuadrado in at right back - he's very good at covering wingers.  Doesn't fit with your formation, but I think Insigne is pretty excellent on the left.  I don't think any other of the Serie A players are particularly remarkable (I have them all) - perhaps start to think about mixing up the leagues.