IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

I got a minor win with the TOTW card so fully expecting a huge loss this time. 

They originally sold the OTW bonus as a player pick. Changed thier mind once a lot of big transfers went through... 

1 hour ago, hannay said:

I got a minor win with the TOTW card so fully expecting a huge loss this time. 

They originally sold the OTW bonus as a player pick. Changed thier mind once a lot of big transfers went through... 

Such a stingy company. 

Has everyone seen Free Guy? There are several bits in that where Taika Waititi's character is basically an EA Exec. Specifically the part where he talks about people loving KFC and why would he make something new like Albuquerque Boiled Turkey when he can just keep feeding you KFC :) 

I think I'm going to scrap my team and build again tonight. I've qualified for Weekend League, so I have the packs for doing that to open tonight, I'm hoping I'll pull a decent OTW to build around and inspire me. I reckon I'll have about 300k to play around with if I need to, plus another 100k tied up in discard TOTW players which I'd rather keep but can sacrifice if needs be.

Depending on my OTW drop I may do the same @Keiths_Dad I have been limited in my options so far having to fit TOTW Vinicius in, which isn't bad as he is a great card, but the pull to tweak and change things is always there. I have 150k in the bank and about 300k (reducing every day) tied up in my team so have plenty of ways that can be splattered.

Right now I'm stopping myself dropping that 150k on switching Larsson's 87 for his marginally better 86 card (crazy I know) so will see how things pan out with the OTW.

I like haaland more than mbappe I think.  Haaland is a bit of a beast.  22 goal contributions in 13 games as I go from div 6 to div 5. 

He's clunky so you're not going to dribble with him but get a pass or a cross to him in the box and it's likely to go in.  Can't say that about mbappe.

Still no rivals rewards on the app, the bastards!

I never got on with Mbappe in the previous games, even though everyone else seemed to bully me with him.  It's probably something to do with me being shit, though.

1 hour ago, tenrou said:

I like haaland more than mbappe I think.  Haaland is a bit of a beast.  22 goal contributions in 13 games as I go from div 6 to div 5. 

He's clunky so you're not going to dribble with him but get a pass or a cross to him in the box and it's likely to go in.  Can't say that about mbappe.

Yeh he's an utter animal. Bullies people.

I've upgraded my team- I had been struggling with my finishing, so why not go for the best in the business? Griezmann and Modric are placeholders until I can afford De Jong and Llorente, but I'm hoping that this is me for a few weeks now.

Screenshot_20211001-185821_Companion.jpg

I hate all the stadium customise crap. Does the game not have the rewards with 99 contracts & bonus coins? Is that all the objectives now?

I came up against a top 100 guy last night! I searched his name afterwards. He had Mbappe, Messi, Neymar, Eusebio (!). He was incredibly good and having a lot of shots but my Wojcech put in a shift and I was somehow 2-1 up on 81 minutes. Eventually lost to a last minute goal in extra time, though.

I qualified for FUT Champs, most of the players I faced in the qualifiers weren't as good as the guys I'd been facing in rivals.

Di Natale is instaselling at 850k which is discouraging, won't be getting him any time soon. I'm not convinced he can be much better than Dybala, though. I've also started using Lautaro up front and he's been brilliant, so aggressive and strong.