IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

5 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Robbo is much better in this year's game I've noticed, but Trent is just not the player he should be.  Had to sell him and get Cancelo😔

I'm too weak to make that decision, for me Trent is fine. I only play Squad Battles on Semi-Pro/Professional diffciulty and have only played a few online friendly games. Will take a look at Div Rivals once I have a decent gold squad.

Thoughts please. I just sold 87 Larsson for an 80k profit as his price bumped heavily so considering upgrading Tierney to Robertson and James to Cancelo aswell as going with the much better 86 Larsson card. Plus I kinda need an Icon at ST now for this ridiculous team to hit full chem, haha.

28D209BD-95A1-488A-99D9-646A7374F7DE.thumb.jpeg.1f1271dafbf089ae62e26c57395ff21a.jpeg

2 hours ago, MardiganX said:

Thoughts please. I just sold 87 Larsson for an 80k profit as his price bumped heavily so considering upgrading Tierney to Robertson and James to Cancelo aswell as going with the much better 86 Larsson card. Plus I kinda need an Icon at ST now for this ridiculous team to hit full chem, haha.

28D209BD-95A1-488A-99D9-646A7374F7DE.thumb.jpeg.1f1271dafbf089ae62e26c57395ff21a.jpeg

Nick Pope 

The dude's got 400k and you recommend Nick Pope?!  Sané is still top notch in my opinion, so makes sense to keep him.  Problem is, as you say, without an icon it's going to be difficult to link Vini and Sané.  If you just went Prem, you could probably afford to put something like this together.  I prefer a 2 striker formation, but maybe you could go with a LF/RF/ST in game.  Sancho might be a bit Meh in that role though.  Casemiro should be acting as a CDM.  Perhaps he's a little on the slow side.

Screenshot 2021-10-05 at 16.55.17.png

Otherwise, if you’re set on Larsson, the upgrades you’ve suggested are fine. There’s plenty of scope for incremental upgrades elsewhere too.

21 minutes ago, klargon said:

The dude's got 400k and you recommend Nick Pope?!  Sané is still top notch in my opinion, so makes sense to keep him.  Problem is, as you say, without an icon it's going to be difficult to link Vini and Sané.  If you just went Prem, you could probably afford to put something like this together.  I prefer a 2 striker formation, but maybe you could go with a LF/RF/ST in game.  Sancho might be a bit Meh in that role though.  Casemiro should be acting as a CDM.  Perhaps he's a little on the slow side.

Otherwise, if you’re set on Larsson, the upgrades you’ve suggested are fine. There’s plenty of scope for incremental upgrades elsewhere too.

Pope is worth at least 100k haha.

25 minutes ago, hannay said:

How is Bobby Firmino? @MardiganX

I'm definitely not getting the best out of him, but roughly 1 out of 3 games he pops up in all the right places and is a joy to play with. Not getting a lot of goals from that CM position but assists are as good as I could ask from him.

So I’m my first TWO games of Champs qualifiers:

Me

39 shots

12 goals

Keeper saves 6

Opponents (combined)

22 shots

11 goals 

Keeper Saves 16

Absolutely battered both of them but my keeper didn’t seem to save anything remotely close to the goal. 

14 hours ago, klargon said:

Have you tried Harry Kane? I'm thinking as a cam he might be alright?

Completed the Silver Team challenge and playing with the Gold Team now. I think it is time to take up the difficulty to Professional, Semi-Pro is getting too easy but I scored a nice Free Kick with Arnold.

I occasionally chuck my silvers team into a squad battle.  Makes a nice change of pace.  They can't pass or shoot for shit, though!  Usually scrape a win on World Class against the lesser teams.

Currently on the road to Mané, and am going to see what Aubameyang does up front compared to Lukaku.  I actually think Lukaku is decent - he's rarely anonymous in games.  I need about another 80k for Mané.  I've had to sell off my Serie A team to raise some funds.  Once I'm done with the Camavinga grind, I should have a couple of La Liga players to get me a bit closer, too.

I've managed to grind through most of division 3, I was within one win of division 2 but a 2-2 draw against a Ronaldo team put an end to that. I've had to rip up my team and change my tactics slightly to get there, below is how I line up in game, all on 10 chemistry of course.

I've seen a couple of people asking about custom tactics, so I'll share what's been working for me. Team tactics, I've left to the default values except for chance creation which is set to forward runs. I naturally play a possession based game, so having my players making attacking runs for me is crucial to getting up the pitch.

I've been coming up against nothing but sweaty teams the further up the divisions I've gone, so to counteract this, and to keep control when all my other players have bombed into the opponent's box, I've set my CDM and full backs to stay back when attacking. As you can see, I've also slapped shadows on my back 5, except Spinazzola who's plenty quick anyway. I've set my centre mids to get into the box for crosses, which I've also applied to my wingers. I found that my wingers weren't getting into the game as much as I'd like, so I've set them to cut inside for chances and to come short for the ball, which has helped a lot.

In terms of my player choices, Courtois is superb, so much better than Oblak. Height has always been the most important stat for a keeper in FIFA, and that goes double this time around. My back line are all solid, but I'll give a particular mention to Militao, who's absolutely disgusting. Well worth the coins. Valverde is a great CDM, Llorente and Barella are both good enough I guess. I'm not massively impressed with Llorente considering his price, I think he would be a monster at CDM though. Up front, I've only found Insigne and Chiesa to be so-so, but that might be my tactics having so far managed to nullify their threat. Dybala is fantastic though, he's averaging a goal a game for me, which is massive when my games are usually decided by the odd goal. Far better than anyone else I've played at striker.

Screenshot_20211006-130301_Companion.jpg

2 hours ago, klargon said:

I occasionally chuck my silvers team into a squad battle.  Makes a nice change of pace.  They can't pass or shoot for shit, though!  Usually scrape a win on World Class against the lesser teams.

Currently on the road to Mané, and am going to see what Aubameyang does up front compared to Lukaku.  I actually think Lukaku is decent - he's rarely anonymous in games.  I need about another 80k for Mané.  I've had to sell off my Serie A team to raise some funds.  Once I'm done with the Camavinga grind, I should have a couple of La Liga players to get me a bit closer, too.

Lukaku is so weird. One game he's like an eighteen wheel truck being driven by a drunken hill Billy, next game hes like an oversized bull who is also a wizard. 

I love firmino at CAM. after my losing streak I am now on a three game win streak where I have ripped my opposition to shreds. 

Chiesa is garbage. Have you tried I form Anderson or even the SBC Pedro?

1 minute ago, kthxbliz said:

Patch Incoming:

- Keeper saves from long-range shots to be slightly buffed 

- Keeper saves from shots inside the box to be slightly nerfed

I'm good with that. I've had enough of only scoring 1 or 2 from an xG of 7.

1 minute ago, klargon said:

It's going to end up basically the same as FIFA 21, isn't it?  While I think it is a bit unbalanced, I like that it feels like a different game.

I don’t think so, it’s more likely to end up closer to Fifa 20 I think (which was super defensive drop-back, two-CDM meta). 

As an aside, I’d like them to address two other annoying issues :

- Rebounds from tackles, which are pretty ridiculous and tend to bounce back to the dispossessed team too often.

- Referees and Their leniency towards tackles from behind, and strong tackles in the box. Once you play vs an opponent who knows how to tackle, they repeatedly wipe your players out with minimal repercussions. 

I didn't play FIFA 20, so don't know how that plays.  My strength tends to be in defending and slow build-up with a lot of passing, so I'll take any changes that favour my strengths!  I'll never actually put the effort in to get good at the game...