Jump to content
IGNORED

Ultimate Team


Timmo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Silver lounge is out, and so begins my frankly masochistic mission to use Millwall Striker Matt Smith.

https://www.futbin.com/22/player/3532/matt-smith

 

Why would I use a 33 pace striker you may ask? HOW can one use a 33 pace striker?

 

Well, with a height of SIX FOOT SIX, and a strength of NINETY-THREE, I am going to attempt to make the Target Man a thing in Fifa.

If there's any tips on how you much-better-than-me fifa players would do it, I'm all ears.

 

I'll see you all tomorrow when I've lost 7 in a row.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must have gone on a 10 game winless streak tonight, before I thought fuck this, scrapped all my custom tactics and went with a straight 433. I then won 3 games on the bounce, culminating in a 4-2 win against some rich cunt with a front four of Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe and Neymar that saw me up to division 2.

 

Disregard all my custom tactic chat from earlier, turns out it's all bollocks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I must have gone on a 10 game winless streak tonight, before I thought fuck this, scrapped all my custom tactics and went with a straight 433. I then won 3 games on the bounce, culminating in a 4-2 win against some rich cunt with a front four of Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe and Neymar that saw me up to division 2.

 

Disregard all my custom tactic chat from earlier, turns out it's all bollocks.

 

Nice. I've lost the final div 3 match 4 times now. I've been messing around with my tactics and would agree that less would appear to be more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, carlospie said:

There's a way to take corner to vvd which makes them undefendable. Literally a free goal every time. Super annoying. 

 

Bring your keeper out with R3 or get someone tall just in front of VVD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, klargon said:

Any idea if rivals rewards only being granted through the game is a permanent thing? It’s a bit of a pain

From what I understand it's a temporary thing, fuck knows why though and there's no date for it stopping.

 

Nothing great in mine, a discard TOTW and Leroy Sane were the best in there. I'm hoping for better from Marquee Matchups later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It influences the market.  Previously, you'd get an influx of cheap players at the point where the rewards were released, because most people were claiming them at that point. Now people will be firing the game up at different points, which distributes the influx.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Locatelli OTW might not be worth an investment, but I reckon Alaba at about 30k is a good shout. Alaba is one of only 3 viable La Liga CBs right now, and the other 2's gold cards are about the same price as Alaba's OTW. One thing that I hadn't realised before is that OTW cards will get an upgrade if their team wins 5 from the next 10 domestic games from the start of the month - Real lost at the weekend I think, but I'd still fancy them to win 5 from 9 to push Alaba to an 86 rated card.

 

The same goes for Locatelli as well, but an 86 Locatelli will still be dog shit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Locatelli OTW might not be worth an investment, but I reckon Alaba at about 30k is a good shout. Alaba is one of only 3 viable La Liga CBs right now, and the other 2's gold cards are about the same price as Alaba's OTW. One thing that I hadn't realised before is that OTW cards will get an upgrade if their team wins 5 from the next 10 domestic games from the start of the month - Real lost at the weekend I think, but I'd still fancy them to win 5 from 9 to push Alaba to an 86 rated card.

 

The same goes for Locatelli as well, but an 86 Locatelli will still be dog shit.

 

What kind of boost do they get mate? Just the same as if they got a TOTW? I assume it gets applied at the end of the 10 game period so they are all done at the same time.

 

I'm about to sink over 300k on 86 Larsson and then hopefully not touch my team for a good while but Grealish with a boost or two will be a fantastic option from the bench... now I just need to practice free kicks so I can make the most of the fouls he will win during the final 15 minutes of every game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Grealish is dog shit. Slow, goes anonymous. Even with an upgrade I can't see him being better than a kdb or Bruno.

 

Every team I play against now has Talisca in. His boost makes him so good. Id really recommend OTW Male, I packed him and he's a super sub if I ever saw one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

 

What kind of boost do they get mate? Just the same as if they got a TOTW? I assume it gets applied at the end of the 10 game period so they are all done at the same time.

 

I'm about to sink over 300k on 86 Larsson and then hopefully not touch my team for a good while but Grealish with a boost or two will be a fantastic option from the bench... now I just need to practice free kicks so I can make the most of the fouls he will win during the final 15 minutes of every game.

I think it's a single in form boost, so it will be similar to the old headliner cards that stayed 1 upgrade ahead of the latest in form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The boost to OTW for winning 5/10 domestic games since 01/10/2021 is +1. 
 

it’s worth noting we have an international break coming up, plus Real Madrid do have Barcelona away (not as tough a match as previously) but it does follow an away CL match. Assuming they win that, the best case timescale for his +1 is just after 21st November.

 

Here (attached) is Real Madrid’s upcoming schedule.

 

i do agree that Alaba is a fairly low-risk investment and with an upgrade or two he would be pretty decent, my only concern is that the upgrade may come a little too late for him to keep up with the power curve. 
 

I’ve got his OTW untradeable and I’ve used him a fair bit. It’s a decent card tbh, I just think the meta favours taller and stronger CBs this year so he’s not as good as he would’ve been in the Fifa 21 meta.

038CAD4E-8153-4D8F-B720-31CB5F52CC59.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to have a go at some wheeler dealing this weekend. I've stolen this from Runthefutmarket on YouTube, so don't be thinking this is my idea, but the thinking is that the market will be up tonight with rewards and Marquee Matchups putting coins into the market, down tomorrow due to OTW part 2 being put in to the game, down again on Saturday when the early birds finish their weekend league games, then pick up again Sunday night/Monday morning with weekend league rewards being picked up by most players who qualified.

 

My intention is to sell Llorente and Militao tonight and swap them for Modric and Hermoso for my own weekend league games, then buy and sell them both again with the predicted peaks and troughs, ending with me buying them again on Tuesday or Wednesday to start the whole thing again next week. I'll let you know how it goes, and just how viable it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No way it's worth it over his 86, you'll never notice the difference in +2 stats.

 

It reminds of that year when the informs and special cards weren't registering their chem boosts, meaning they all played at base stats and that original gold cards had better stats. It was funny looking at how many videos reviewed the informs prior to it being discovered and they are full of the usual "Feels loads better than the non-inform version" etc etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.