Jump to content
IGNORED

Ultimate Team


Timmo
 Share

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, carlospie said:

What a bag of dicks. One point needed for final weekend league qualifications. Drawing until 90th minute. Concede from a corner. Whole day wasted. 

 

Have they got rid of red cards this year?

No, just got rid of the rewards for now until they fix them being tradeable. They'll give them out at a later date.

 

I was on a bit of a losing streak on 7 wins, so with 3 games left I set the 4321 counter cheese tactic up, just in case. I went 2-0 down in about 20 minutes, so I switched it up. Ended up winning 3-2 in extra time, with poster boy of sweat Muriel scoring the winner from the bench. I then won the last 2 fixtures with relative ease, finishing on 10 wins. I feel like I've sold my soul, but I'm going to stick with this set up until the first patch at least.

 

In terms of rewards, my TOTW pack was dogshit, and the best I got from my jumbo rare pack was Kroos (also dogshit). Hopefully my red picks will make up for it, once they fix them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

No, just got rid of the rewards for now until they fix them being tradeable. They'll give them out at a later date.

 

I was on a bit of a losing streak on 7 wins, so with 3 games left I set the 4321 counter cheese tactic up, just in case. I went 2-0 down in about 20 minutes, so I switched it up. Ended up winning 3-2 in extra time, with poster boy of sweat Muriel scoring the winner from the bench. I then won the last 2 fixtures with relative ease, finishing on 10 wins. I feel like I've sold my soul, but I'm going to stick with this set up until the first patch at least.

 

In terms of rewards, my TOTW pack was dogshit, and the best I got from my jumbo rare pack was Kroos (also dogshit). Hopefully my red picks will make up for it, once they fix them.

 

Finished on 10 as well! I gave the last couple of matches away. Nothing in my packs either...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

What a bag of dicks. One point needed for final weekend league qualifications. Drawing until 90th minute. Concede from a corner. Whole day wasted. 

 

Have they got rid of red cards this year?


You get a point for a loss so you should be good! 

 

Also yeah, it’s a nightmare playing vs someone who has worked out they can just butcher your players in the box with zero repurcussions.

 

Ref’s were pretty inconsistent the whole of last year and I’m quite surprised they’ve made them worse, but for that reason too I don’t expect them to improve over the course of this game cycle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ea just need to stop patching things.  I'm on pc and post patch it just impossible to score.  I understand why people complained about long shots but they been patched so the keeper is better at getting balls going to the top corner from outside the box.  So you literally just can't score anymore.  It's drop back counter attack fifa 20 all over again...  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, tenrou said:

Ea just need to stop patching things.  I'm on pc and post patch it just impossible to score.  I understand why people complained about long shots but they been patched so the keeper is better at getting balls going to the top corner from outside the box.  So you literally just can't score anymore.  It's drop back counter attack fifa 20 all over again...  

 

Oh goody, I’m never going to play this game again at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure people will find a way round it but I don't think the endless tinkering is helpful.  By long shots being viable it brought defenders out to press allowing space in the box.  You remove the need to press, no space in the box etc.  It's a collapsing house of cards.

 

I'd rather lose 6-5 than drawn nil nil and win on penalties as at least stuff will have happened I the last 10 minutes.  Nil nils are so boring.  Its a test of patience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, carlospie said:

It's the fact drop back is so op thats making it so hard. You have to either beat 8 players to get a shot on goal or fizz in a finesse top bins 


the whole game is shit, you’re more likely to make a successful pass if you smash it 60 yards cross field than 5 yards between midfielders.

 

Dribbling is non existent and skill moves are pointless.

 

it’s no fun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, gooner4life said:


the whole game is shit, you’re more likely to make a successful pass if you smash it 60 yards cross field than 5 yards between midfielders.

 

Dribbling is non existent and skill moves are pointless.

 

it’s no fun

Iv played a few who do just that. Manual control the striker, run across the whole pitch, ping a hundred mile and hour through ball at them and control it.

 

Anyone play any ridiculous teams on FUT champs? Iv seen some horrific ones the money some people must spend. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:


the whole game is shit, you’re more likely to make a successful pass if you smash it 60 yards cross field than 5 yards between midfielders.

 

Dribbling is non existent and skill moves are pointless.

 

it’s no fun


Dribbling is amazing this year man. Took me a bit to work it out but all three dribble types are viable (dependable connection permitting). Also, to be clear, I do mean in FUT, regular modes feel sluggish.

 

i was a big fan of L1 dribble last year and it’s even better this year. Around the midfield it’s awesome. Left stick is good on the wings and for jinking past a man. R1 is good in the box and can make you really hard to dispossess. 
 

im a Little frustrated at what they have done to Skills though. I spend the entire year in fifa 21 learning all the main ones and it’s what carried me to div 1 last year. 
 

What I feel like they’ve done overall this year is to make timing, balance, and composure when executing virtually everything more important. Skills can work, but you need have controlled the ball and made sure your player is composed enough. Sadly it does make doing skills early and then shooting right from the exit difficult. Hence the feeling the whole game has been slowed a bit. 
 

Passings is also way better this year. However I’ve had to train myself to pretty much never use through ball, it’s atrocious. However, driven pass is more effective, dinked passes are better now, and regular passes find their man more often - but again you need to make sure the player executing the pass is on balance and composed which means taking a touch and not looking to first-time everything. 
 

Having said that, I’m still adapting to the game and struggling in some ways. In div 5 still and it feels like Park-the-Bus Simulator. I purposely didn’t add outside box finesse shots to my game as I knew they’d patch them so I’m missing out on that aspect which is probably hurting me in the short term,  but I will persevere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Iv concluded that pace at the back is all that matters. So iv created a rat team. Some rapid everton CB, wan bissaka at cb,mbabbu at RB, Brentford 91 pace lb. Just pure sweat. Works surprisingly well... I'm saving for either raheem or son now...

 

 

Screenshot_2021-10-10-21-08-09-067_com.android.chrome.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was away in Norfolk for the weekend with the wife and kids and my mate done some gold upgrades and sold off anything i had worth anything and he built me a nice little La Liga team as i still have the TOTW Vinicius, I've now got Vini, Depay and Dembele up top, with Modric, Valverde and Delaney in midfield and Alphonso Davies, Upamecano, Militao and Dani Carvajal at the back and Neuer in goal.

 

It's somewhat playable now I actually have players who can pass and dribble.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My fire and rehire policy has backfired, Llorente I sold for 127,000 coins, and having never really dropped in value over the weekend, is now selling at 20k more than that. Militao is selling for less than what I sold him for, but that seems to have less to do with the ebb and flow from the weekend league, and more to do with his price correcting itself to it's long term point given he's a low rated card and more of them will be hitting the market every day.

 

Where I have seen a win though is the Navas TOTW card I bought last week at 33,750 and is now selling at about 62k. I won't be selling as he's very much in my team (and my heart), but I think going forward my spare coins will be going into useable TOTW cards. I bought David yesterday morning at 23k, and I'll use him as a super sub until his price rises to a point where I'm happy to get rid. He's at 25k and rising now, I'm hoping by the weekend he'll hit at least 30k, at which point I'll be looking to sell and pick up another forward from the new TOTW in his place. I would have picked up Foden at around 90k too (already at 106k), but I rather foolishly bought another 3 Alabas on top of the one I'm using at 30k a piece - currently at 33k, so a slight profit already to be made, I might wait until the weekend before selling out of that one and reinvesting in a mid level TOTW.

 

If anyone else is looking at TOTW players, late Saturday/early Sunday appears to be the low point on them before they start rising again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So yesterday I got some clarity on OTW cards. Specifically, the upgrade applied for winnings 5/10 domestic matches beginning 01/10.

 

The upgrade is in-fact a one-time TOTW upgrade. Meaning, the upgrade will differ depending on each card and it’s base rating.

 

eg, Camavinga, being a 78, would receive a +4. 
 

I was previously led to believe that it was a flat +1 overall to any OTW cards regardless, so that previous  info was wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

I was away in Norfolk for the weekend with the wife and kids and my mate done some gold upgrades and sold off anything i had worth anything and he built me a nice little La Liga team as i still have the TOTW Vinicius, I've now got Vini, Depay and Dembele up top, with Modric, Valverde and Delaney in midfield and Alphonso Davies, Upamecano, Militao and Dani Carvajal at the back and Neuer in goal.

 

It's somewhat playable now I actually have players who can pass and dribble.

 

Can I hire him? Get Gomez. Thank me later. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I've qualified for weekend league again, and I've got my 7 wins for rivals. I think I'm out for a few days, the game itself is just very frustrating to play right now. It's looking like the patch on PC hasn't helped any, which probably explains why it hasn't dropped anywhere else yet, hopefully they get something out by the weekend to at least shake it up a bit. I still don't have my red picks from the weekend just gone either, so after a positive start for this year, I'm already getting fed up of it.

 

On the plus side, I picked up OTW Thomas Delaney as a potential investment and tried him in my team, and I've been pleasantly surprised considering his normal card is 700 coins. He's a bit clunky on the ball, but he's a rock defensively. If you need a La Liga CDM on a budget, you could do a lot worse, and if he gets an upgrade or 2, he could be an absolute monster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to agree that the content has been poor recently.  Pedro was debateably overpriced but at least he has finesse shot and 5 star weekfoot, something people could look for.  There is literally no reason to do umtiti.  

 

The day before.  It was 2.5k for a 75 rare player.  Those are the laziest sbcs EA can produce.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Benzema SBC cost me at least 120k, which wasn’t really very good value. Played a few games with the new team last night. Not really any better. I don’t really feel like I’m having much fun. Maybe winning is required in order to enjoy it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.