Ultimate Team

Timmo

Managed to qualify for Champions and get up to division 5 while getting enough wins for the reward boost. Will give the playoffs a bash tomorrow, my defending seems to have improved a lot since getting Koulibaly in place of Manolas. 

48 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Did i miss something or are the requirements for Champs qualifying really confusing for anybody else? 

They are a little obtuse. Basically, hit 5 wins and then quit out of any remaining games if you can't get to 8 wins.

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

Did i miss something or are the requirements for Champs qualifying really confusing for anybody else? 

I posted about this last week. Its absolutely 🤪

Anyone have any connections issues last night? I was trying to play some Rivals and then even Squad Battles but connection in Rivals was horrendous then I got booted from a SB match in the 76th minute while winning 3-0.

I had lots of issues like this in FIFA21 but up until last night 22 has been really solid. 

I've been jumping on FUT for a couple of games here or there, just played 3 games as my afternoon lessons finished and picked up 2 wins and a draw, just 2 wins from div 7 now. Still at the easier level's but it's enjoyable, got a couple of chipped goals in the last game before he quit, don't think I've played against such an open defense.

Also played 2 games with @Pants McSkill last night which I quite enjoyed, won the first one, probably should have been a higher scoreline but I didn't capitalize and then the second game Pants upped his game, was quite a tactical battle until he beat me in penalties :) 

9 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I got to the final of draft single player. Played a silver team. Only every player was like Ronaldo haha. 

FYI, the rewards for Offline Draft are the same regardless of what difficulty you play on. The difficulty of the opponent is gradually increased anyway, so you may as well begin on Amateur or whatever, and by the time you reach the final they play like Professional/World Class kinda level. 

1 hour ago, kthxbliz said:

FYI, the rewards for Offline Draft are the same regardless of what difficulty you play on. The difficulty of the opponent is gradually increased anyway, so you may as well begin on Amateur or whatever, and by the time you reach the final they play like Professional/World Class kinda level. 

What are the rewards for offline draft? Is it worth doing?

I may well sacrifice 15k to find out.  A site I was looking at suggested there were 17 possible options for rewards for 4 wins! You would think it would at least be slightly lucrative if you can manage 4 wins from it.

1 hour ago, Luseth said:

What are the rewards for offline draft? Is it worth doing?

The rewards can vary, but they are usually considerably worse than an Online Draft. 

You will usually get back more than 15k worth of packs (in terms of pack value) but it’s just then a case of whether the contents of those packs ends up netting you more than 15k back in sales. 

i did a handful of Offline Drafts last year and to be honest almost every time I got back less than my 15k once I’d sold stuff. Luckily, I didn’t spent 15k to enter, I used draft tokens I’d acquired so it didn’t hit so hard.

Bottom line is, personally, I would advice against spending FP or 15k to enter an Offline draft. Better to just play Squad Battles for zero entry and collect your “free” rewards at the end of the week. 

5 minutes ago, tenrou said:

Have I lost my marbles or is a 20k sbc to get a token worth 15k insanity?

Wow yes it is. I’d only do that if I had a bunch of duplicates I needed to get rid of.

Gotta say, there has been really very little appealing SBC/content so far, besides Anderson Talisca. I do recall it was largely the same last year. But this is… pretty shocking. 

The point would be to use untradeables, but even so, it is bad. I found myself eyeing up Umtiti earlier, it looks like a good card, but chucking 80k away this early to be tied into a specific league isn't a good idea.

27 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

The point would be to use untradeables, but even so, it is bad. I found myself eyeing up Umtiti earlier, it looks like a good card, but chucking 80k away this early to be tied into a specific league isn't a good idea.

Yeah agree, although if I had a bunch of duplicates that may change my thinking. As it Stands, he’s not really any better than Kimpembe, he’s more expensive, and he’s untrade. So a pass for me too.

Popped into online Friendlies to try to do the friendlies objectives - assisting with bundesliga players, through ball assists and having a squad featuring 5 bought and 5 first owner players being the main ones.

Came up against a credit card FC team that was probably 3 million coins - Ronaldo, Mane, Varane, De Jong, Salah on the bench... And he was clearly a very good player. Skill moves non stop, constant pressure. And he tried SUPER hard every single minute.

Now it's a friendlies mode, so the match making is what it is. But he's not even doing the objectives. No through balls anywhere. How does someone have that time in their life to waste in an objectives arena not doing objectives? I don't even have the time to post this. 

1 hour ago, Pants McSkill said:

Cheers for the suggestion lads, that does indeed seem to be the easiest way.

Alas the guy I messaged said 'ok', scored a goal, went drop-back-park-the-bus, passed round the back and took it to the corners for 85 minutes. 

That was me. GG pal.

Bruno Fernandes is insane on this. Best player iv used by far. I watched a streamer use Ginola he looks class. 

5 hours ago, carlospie said:

Dont quote me on this. Otw Sabitzer is 30k. Suggestion he will get inform tomorrow. Worth an invest. 

Don't do this. The usual pattern with these special cards is that they increase on the back of good performances, and then settle or even drop after the upgrade happens - and that's even if it happens. Either way, the market gets flooded with a card that nobody actually wants to use for their team, and people will be frantically undercutting each other just to get rid. Not to mention that there will be another identical card hitting the market at the same time. The time to invest would have been immediately after his good performance, and the time to sell would be now while he's hyped.

I'm speaking from experience, I got burned on some Danny Ings headliner cards either last season or the season before, I forget which.

1 hour ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Don't do this. The usual pattern with these special cards is that they increase on the back of good performances, and then settle or even drop after the upgrade happens - and that's even if it happens. Either way, the market gets flooded with a card that nobody actually wants to use for their team, and people will be frantically undercutting each other just to get rid. Not to mention that there will be another identical card hitting the market at the same time. The time to invest would have been immediately after his good performance, and the time to sell would be now while he's hyped.

I'm speaking from experience, I got burned on some Danny Ings headliner cards either last season or the season before, I forget which.

Agreed. It’s the same pumpkin story again here… 

Also, in this particular instance, I don’t think Sabitzer has done enough to warrant an in-form, and the marker for the card would suggest that most people feel the same way. 

The sound investment is probably 83-85 rated players who are near the bottom of the barrel?

They will only go up in value when decent SBCs start dropping but by the looks of the content they have been dropping, you may be waiting a while to cash in. :lol:

On the Sabitzer thing, mine's currently on the transfer list for exactly the reasons Keith's Dad mentioned. 

(Also mine's on sale for 27.5k, and he's not hit that yet, so definitely don't buy him for 30k.)

If Grealish drops by a couple of thousand tonight, you could pick him up and sell him Saturday before City's game against Burnley.

I had my best session with the game in Rivals last night moving up to Division 7 with 5 wins out of 7 games. As most have said above I have reset almost all the custom tactics to default and what a difference it makes. Front line, especially my beloved Larsson actually moving like you would expect them too. Still getting to grips with the defending, which right now feels like position for blocks, dont tackle and trust the keeper to make the worldie saves he is programmed to you need to force a tough shot. That about right?

I have about 400k tied up in my squad with most of that on Larsson who has increased in value by 60k since I grabbed him so thats been a well timed investment. TBH the only player I will now shift him for a is his 90 card and then just keep incrementally improving things around him.

Firmino and Havertz are decent but definitely the weaker links to my 11 at the moment. Ndidi remains as good a CDM as I could hope for so it will take something special to shift him. TOTW Vinicius is deadly and easily my best performer having played every game in UT. Sane has been quite underwhelming so far in terms of goals and assists but seems to create so much space down his side giving Larsson more options so he is good for now. Then you have Ruben Dias defying all the 'pace pace pace' tropes to somehow be in the right place at the right time almost every time :)

Its probably as enjoyable as a FIFA has been for me at this stage for a many years so cant really complain. It has all the usual feelings of games you can tell you simply aren't going to win and moments of utter fucking nonsense leaving you ready to smash the pad but that is never going to change. I'm a week or so away from having what I need to get involved in this weekend set-up that I still do not understand but looking forward to the sweaty grind when it starts.

Got a few packs last night due to doing some of the late stage objectives in 21. Nothing interesting in them, but I’ve noticed I get Morata in nearly every pack. I must have quick sold him for nothing at least 8 times now!