IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

Fanboy aspect aside, 86 Larsson has Aerial Threat, Acrobat, Clinical Finisher, Complete Forward and Poacher making him fairly deadly in terms of striker abilities. I'm not entirely sure how much those things contribute to how he plays (anyone know?) but he seems fairly stacked with striker perks.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

I saw it on zwebacks stream. We will be millionaires!!! Pele here I come.

I haven't watched him, but I don't think he's specifically a trader.

The best from back when I was well into it all on 20 were The Fut Accountant, ChrisRM22 and Run The FutMarket.

They still all seem good so far this year.

50 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

I haven't watched him, but I don't think he's specifically a trader.

The best from back when I was well into it all on 20 were The Fut Accountant, ChrisRM22 and Run The FutMarket.

They still all seem good so far this year.

Yeh FUT accountant looks good. Watched him today he had picked up numerous otw Griezman netting at least 40k on each. 

Also lewandovski is shit 

I've been bashing my head against this all week, really struggling to progress and finding myself unable to score. I had a little brainwave though, I had followed the tactics I'd stolen to the letter and set all of my strikers to run in behind, whether I was playing 352 or 433 narrow, so I went into my 352 and set Lewandowski as a target man. It's only gone and fucking worked, suddenly gaps are appearing in my opponent's defence, and I won 3 on the bounce to finally get past the first checkpoint in division 2. Sane is still stretching the defence, allowing Lewandowski to step into midfield to pick up the ball, who will often pull a centre back with him, allowing Sane and Coman space to get in behind. Lovely stuff.

With a bit of luck this weekend with rewards, I might be able to pick up my first icon, and although I've just managed to get a bit more out of him, it'll likely be Lewa to get the chop. Looking at my options, base Bergkamp and mid Litmanen both look good for this sort of false 9 role I've created - but then the stats on base Barnes look incredibly well suited to it if I slap a chemistry style on him to boost his shooting. I always get base Barnes, and it's a bit boring to get him again, but he's always excellent for me, and it only just occurred to me but base Barnes actually played in the very first football game I went to, which no other Liverpool icon did - so did Bergkamp and Wright, as it happens, but I wasn't fucking there to see them.

Fuck it, it's Barnes. Can't wait.

21 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I've been bashing my head against this all week, really struggling to progress and finding myself unable to score. I had a little brainwave though, I had followed the tactics I'd stolen to the letter and set all of my strikers to run in behind, whether I was playing 352 or 433 narrow, so I went into my 352 and set Lewandowski as a target man. It's only gone and fucking worked, suddenly gaps are appearing in my opponent's defence, and I won 3 on the bounce to finally get past the first checkpoint in division 2. Sane is still stretching the defence, allowing Lewandowski to step into midfield to pick up the ball, who will often pull a centre back with him, allowing Sane and Coman space to get in behind. Lovely stuff.

With a bit of luck this weekend with rewards, I might be able to pick up my first icon, and although I've just managed to get a bit more out of him, it'll likely be Lewa to get the chop. Looking at my options, base Bergkamp and mid Litmanen both look good for this sort of false 9 role I've created - but then the stats on base Barnes look incredibly well suited to it if I slap a chemistry style on him to boost his shooting. I always get base Barnes, and it's a bit boring to get him again, but he's always excellent for me, and it only just occurred to me but base Barnes actually played in the very first football game I went to, which no other Liverpool icon did - so did Bergkamp and Wright, as it happens, but I wasn't fucking there to see them.

Fuck it, it's Barnes. Can't wait.

Ignore me I'm an idiot and have edited post. What tactics are you using? Robert did nothing for me. I'm using haaland and otw malen, malen is an animal but his shooting is appauling

I'm really enjoying fucking around with tactics, it's the Football Manager addict in me. I used a Targetman with my silver team (6ft6 Matt Smith for the win) and it was great. I'd love to try it with a similarly strong yet less of a donkey striker - I suspect Lukaku would be aces.

I have a ludicrously attacking tactic that produces 7-6 games. It's a 3421, similar to Boras' one.

But the LF role I have set to False 9, using Grealish. And he is always open, just dropping into the half space regularly to receive the ball.

I reckon one of you guys who are actually good at the game would utterly destroy an opponent or two with it.

6 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

I'm really enjoying fucking around with tactics, it's the Football Manager addict in me. I used a Targetman with my silver team (6ft6 Matt Smith for the win) and it was great. I'd love to try it with a similarly strong yet less of a donkey striker - I suspect Lukaku would be aces.

I have a ludicrously attacking tactic that produces 7-6 games. It's a 3421, similar to Boras' one.

But the LF role I have set to False 9, using Grealish. And he is always open, just dropping into the half space regularly to receive the ball.

I reckon one of you guys who are actually good at the game would utterly destroy an opponent or two with it.

I used that same formation at the start. There is always one wide player open, it’s really pretty OP. At the time I couldn’t successfully play a long ball to find the man despite him being open, but I’ve gotten better at that so might return to it. However, 352 is really working for me. I play offensive players in the LM and RM so it’s pretty attacking too. 

26 minutes ago, klargon said:

Well fuck me, rewards are available in the app!

I got Neuer in mine, hiding behind some silver Copa Libertadores player. I now have 55k of the 300k or so I'll need to sink into Barnes. 

I also have Foden and David TOTWs to sell, I'm hoping they both follow the trend of other TOTW cards and increase in value over the weekend.

Went for the Small Rare Players pack from the options I had. Out drops Ederson. My pack luck so far has been quite something. He is only going for about 28.5k at the moment but doesnt seem to have enough of a bump over Martinez to justify me keeping him so will likely sell him on. Also got Jesus in the same pack so thats a decent option from the bench.

20 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

I got Bruno Fernandes out of the small rare players pack this morning, thought he would be about 500k, but it allows me to buy Frenkie De Jong to replace Delaney.

Of course you have a better team than me despite you barely touching it. 😆

I’ve been sick this week and only played to 3 wins. But I’ll take it. 285k. My pack luck has been pretty good this year. I’ve sold the expensive players on my team as I expect a bit of a market dip tomorrow, if for no reason other than UCL commons/rates in packs will increase supply. So I’m sitting on an untradeable team plus 2.2m.

BBB25F9C-6F73-439E-8837-901CC8095A19.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Of course you have a better team than me despite you barely touching it. 😆

What's your team? didn't you play fut champs as well? nearly everyone i know has had pretty good pack luck this year, I've had TOTW Vinicius, Marcos Llorente and now Bruno who are all 100k+ nowhere near the luck of other people i've seen but i can't knock it.