Ultimate Team

Timmo

14 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

What's your team? didn't you play fut champs as well? nearly everyone i know has had pretty good pack luck this year, I've had TOTW Vinicius, Marcos Llorente and now Bruno who are all 100k+ nowhere near the luck of other people i've seen but i can't knock it.

Yeah, mine's been pretty non existent since getting Lukaku and Hakimi early on. My team is far from bad but most of my Div 2 opponents are much better. 

qMsZ91Y.png

2 hours ago, carlospie said:

I got nothing because I can't even get though qualifiers!

Div Rivals rewards today man!

As for Champs Qualifiers, why don’t you try to qualify again this weekend if you can, most of the sweats will probably be in Champs so you might have a wee bit better chance. 

31 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Div Rivals rewards today man!

As for Champs Qualifiers, why don’t you try to qualify again this weekend if you can, most of the sweats will probably be in Champs so you might have a wee bit better chance. 

Ahh yes. I got alisson. Built a budget team around him and 2/2 wins on weekend league qualifiers. He's insane. 

27 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Ahh yes. I got alisson. Built a budget team around him and 2/2 wins on weekend league qualifiers. He's insane. 

Nice. Having used a few budget and a few expensive keepers this year, a more expensive keeper will definitely win you the odd game from experience. From what I hear, Alison is the best in the Prem this year. 

8 hours ago, Timmo said:

Yeah, mine's been pretty non existent since getting Lukaku and Hakimi early on. My team is far from bad but most of my Div 2 opponents are much better. 

qMsZ91Y.png

Not sure I’d say my teams better, Alphonso Davies is amazing but I have to have Upamecano next to him and he’s a weak link. Carvajal is terrible as well. 

Wasn’t even gonna do MM as the pack rewards looks pretty poor. Did it anyway since I’m a pack-junkie, De Bruyne and De Maria. 

I’ve packed more high-value tradeable cards today alone (inc Theo this morning) than I did during the first 9 months of last Fifa. 

24 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Wasn’t even gonna do MM as the pack rewards looks pretty poor. Did it anyway since I’m a pack-junkie, De Bruyne and De Maria. 

I’ve packed more high-value tradeable cards today alone (inc Theo this morning) than I did during the first 9 months of last Fifa. 

Do you follow guides for these?

Marquee Matchups yielded another 23k worth of players to sell, the main one being Cuadrado. I'm at a point now where its really only top tier standard players that are going to improve my starting 11 so just going to sit on my 71k and keep building it so I have funds in place for any big SBC that might drop or work toward Bruno Fernandes.

My absolute peak in UT was a few years ago when they released the Zlatan Flashback card. Him up front with Larsson is a set-up I dont think UT will ever be able to top for me.

11 hours ago, carlospie said:

Do you follow guides for these?

At this stage, the requirements for MM SBC's are low, so it probably works out more expensive to use the solutions.  You can generally just build your own.  I have an army of 70+ silver Sudamericana players I pick up for 150 coins that you can use for almost all of them, just adding the specific club/league players you need to make up the rest of the requirements.  When it comes to the more difficult or expensive SBC's the solutions are better.

@MardiganXthat Flashback Zlatan was incredible, and just a year after one of my other all time FUT favourites, end of an era Pirlo. 

Got Ben Yedder in my rivals rewards yesterday so that’s another 35k in the bank. I’ve got around 400k now but still happy with my team so currently plotting my next batch of upgrades. Anyone got any suggestions?

14C4AC1A-77D2-40DA-843F-C8C7F83D9356.jpeg

13 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

@MardiganXthat Flashback Zlatan was incredible, and just a year after one of my other all time FUT favourites, end of an era Pirlo. 

Got Ben Yedder in my rivals rewards yesterday so that’s another 35k in the bank. I’ve got around 400k now but still happy with my team so currently plotting my next batch of upgrades. Anyone got any suggestions?

Team looks good. Insane value in Seria A. There’s no real obvious desperate upgrades there. I mean, you could splash out on in-form Barella, and you could grab Koulibaily’s POTM, but those are both luxury upgrades I think given the relative expense of each. 

Maybe the new In-form Lozano to replace Insigne? 

41 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

Larsson.png.5a282306fcad38feb120a3e20df19c44.png

Just look at the fucking attitude on that incredible face!

40 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Team looks good. Insane value in Seria A. There’s no real obvious desperate upgrades there. I mean, you could splash out on in-form Barella, and you could grab Koulibaily’s POTM, but those are both luxury upgrades I think given the relative expense of each. 

Maybe the new In-form Lozano to replace Insigne? 

I did consider those two but as you say a bit of a luxury. Lozano on the other hand, thanks for pointing him out, he went under my radar and looks the best LW in Serie A after that TOTW. 

38 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

I did consider those two but as you say a bit of a luxury. Lozano on the other hand, thanks for pointing him out, he went under my radar and looks the best LW in Serie A after that TOTW. 

Get Lozano either late Saturday or early Sunday, that's when TOTW is typically at it's cheapest. 

6 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Get Lozano either late Saturday or early Sunday, that's when TOTW is typically at it's cheapest. 

Cheers for the tip, I’ll get him in for however many champs games I have left to play on Sunday 

Mass bidding on silvers works for me. It's dull, it's not clever, but it returns the solid income of about 200 coins per player that BPM was doing.

Pick a league. Look at the min BIN for any silver in that league. 

Then just mass bid on all silvers that have a min bid price at least 150 coins below that.

Relist all you win at that earlier min BIN price.

Managed to get to the qualifiers for weekend league and failed miserably. Managed 3 wins and didn't enjoy any of the games.  Really felt like playing FIFA 20 weekend games again.

What I have been enjoying though is playing Rivals co-op and currently in division 6. Starting to get trickier now but co-op is great fun. Pity you can't co-op the weekend league.

Pack luck.... Not one walk out yet! 😔

On that point @Chewylegs what is the actual animation now for different classes of player? The only difference I've seen on a really good player (opened most on the app) is some fireworks at the side. But I have no idea what the 'criteria' is for these fireworks.

12 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

On that point @Chewylegs what is the actual animation now for different classes of player? The only difference I've seen on a really good player (opened most on the app) is some fireworks at the side. But I have no idea what the 'criteria' is for these fireworks.

Really not sure, I open most on app too and I see some vague differences.

1 hour ago, Pants McSkill said:

Mass bidding on silvers works for me. It's dull, it's not clever, but it returns the solid income of about 200 coins per player that BPM was doing.

Pick a league. Look at the min BIN for any silver in that league. 

Then just mass bid on all silvers that have a min bid price at least 150 coins below that.

Relist all you win at that earlier min BIN price.

This is typically my go to on all FIFAs. Just repetitive dull bidding like you say. Made about 600k this year doing this.

I usually just go for gold common cards, buy for 300 sell for 450/500. I like to stock up on the criteria at the same time to sell the stock once an SBC/objectives are launched and prices are up. Can sell for 600/650 when this happens so 100% profit (before tax).

A few trading methods I used in years past:

- Player Contracts: buy Monday and Tuesday for 150/200 coins on bid, sell during Weekend League for 350-450 coins. 

- UCL common/rare: buy when in supply and hold until they are needed for Icon Swaps. Mega profit, might be a few weeks wait. 

- SBC solution: look at short term SBCs and you often find they are reliant on common golds, bronzes and silvers. If you get familiar enough with one solution, you can simply buy cards on bid and relist immediately at Buy It Now. You might only make 100/150 coins per card, but it’s instant profit. 

- League SBC stock up: League SBCs are currently not here but I expect them to return. Anyone who works through these will know that demand for silvers and bronzes goes up massively when they are released. Top 5 leagues are more popular, but Liga Nos and Turkish League can work also. It pays to have some knowledge of the cards on certain teams, eg, Roma might only one have one cheap LB, so stocking up now and holding until the League SBC drops can net massive profit. Note: Roma is an off-the-cuff example, I haven’t looked into that, it’s just to demonstrate the concept. 

- TOTW Discards: buy up discard value TOTW cards (10-11k) and hold until a good repeatable SBC which required a TOTW is released. The discard cards can easily double in price. Higher-rated ones can also, but since you can grab these cheap low-rated ones at discard price, there is virtually no risk, you can discard at any time for 9600-9800 and restore your liquidity at any time. 

1 hour ago, kthxbliz said:

A few trading methods I used in years past:

- Player Contracts: buy Monday and Tuesday for 150/200 coins on bid, sell during Weekend League for 350-450 coins. 

- UCL common/rare: buy when in supply and hold until they are needed for Icon Swaps. Mega profit, might be a few weeks wait. 

- SBC solution: look at short term SBCs and you often find they are reliant on common golds, bronzes and silvers. If you get familiar enough with one solution, you can simply buy cards on bid and relist immediately at Buy It Now. You might only make 100/150 coins per card, but it’s instant profit. 

- League SBC stock up: League SBCs are currently not here but I expect them to return. Anyone who works through these will know that demand for silvers and bronzes goes up massively when they are released. Top 5 leagues are more popular, but Liga Nos and Turkish League can work also. It pays to have some knowledge of the cards on certain teams, eg, Roma might only one have one cheap LB, so stocking up now and holding until the League SBC drops can net massive profit. Note: Roma is an off-the-cuff example, I haven’t looked into that, it’s just to demonstrate the concept. 

- TOTW Discards: buy up discard value TOTW cards (10-11k) and hold until a good repeatable SBC which required a TOTW is released. The discard cards can easily double in price. Higher-rated ones can also, but since you can grab these cheap low-rated ones at discard price, there is virtually no risk, you can discard at any time for 9600-9800 and restore your liquidity at any time. 

Does the contract strategy work this year? I think when I had a look this weekend just gone they were still going for 150/200? I used to do similar with fitness where you could buy for 350-500 and sell for 1100-1500. Obviously not able to do this anymore.

Other tactics sound good may give them a whirl. I've got Bounou the 84 IF GK in my team as an investment. Bought for 10.25, currently at 14ish.

I can remember one FIFA me and @Tomox predicted the Marquee Matchups being Birmingham v Aston Villa and bought loads of their players players for 150 and flogged them all for anywhere between 1-2k each.

Too time consuming with constant bidding on players, I just stick with BPM method and play the game. It takes longer to get decent wad of coins but I've made 250K since i started playing a couple of weeks ago.