Ultimate Team

Timmo

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Ffs. One game off FUT champs qualifications. Come up against flash back Benz, Ronaldo, pogba, icons. What's the point. At least give me an illusion of a chance. I'm 4 Nil down after twenty minutes.....

This is a glorified mobile gatcha game!

I'm actually finding it less pay to win than some other FIFAs. I've beaten some all star teams and been given a hiding by teams less good then mine. Player skill is more important than cards.

1 hour ago, klargon said:

I’m slumming it in 4. I don’t really play rivals much, so it takes quite a while for me to get enough points if I don’t get them from weekend league. I used to get the 14 or 17 wins brackets in 21 and 19.

I would recommend if you can, try your next qualifying over the weekend, when more of the sweaty players will already be playing WL. 

Div 4 player should be good to qualify, with a bit of luck in matchmaking. 

I’m playing on my second account today, just wanted to see how I can do with a cheap team. Qualified 5-4 using a squad worth 75k. 

10 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I'm actually finding it less pay to win than some other FIFAs. I've beaten some all star teams and been given a hiding by teams less good then mine. Player skill is more important than cards.

Agreed. I think only when the skill of the players is almost identical, that the player with the superior team will maybe edge it. 

i just beat a team worth 4-5m with a team worth 75k in Champs. 

23 minutes ago, Timmo said:

look at this guys team, I was 2-0 down to 2 ronaldo goals and he rage quit when I made it 4-2 

On 14/10/2021 at 11:26, Timmo said:

Yeah, mine's been pretty non existent since getting Lukaku and Hakimi early on. My team is far from bad but most of my Div 2 opponents are much better. 

qMsZ91Y.png

How do you find sterling? He does nothing for me.

Weekend League done, I ended on 10 wins. I need to win 2 from my last 3 to get rank 2, but I lost the next 2 and so gifted the final game to my opponent. I've sold my team and reinvested my coins, hopefully to tie up value in special cards for when normal golds eventually plummet. I went for base Litmanen up top to play as a target man (which actually plays more like a false 9), I'm hoping he can do a job because he's about the only Icon I can reasonably afford right now. Once they all have loyalty, everyone will be at 10 chem in the starting formation, except Ramos who I've had to shove in at right back. I'm not expecting great things, if I'm honest, I just wanted to actually use Foden and Romero while I wait for their value to go up. I'm going to buy Raphinha and Depay either tonight or tomorrow morning, partly to use as super subs but mostly to round out my investment portfolio.

I got Milinkovic-Savic and Lozano as my red picks this week, so when I get around to selling Foden, probably after next weekend, I'll likely use Serie A as my shell to jam more in form players in.

image.thumb.png.8c75e3b8b24cdc0d8051e64ca39a12a7.png

Sell your rare silvers. Today’s SBC is terrible but people are going mental for them. Since you need 3 players from one team, there is limited options. It’s quite a tricky SBC to work out yourself, hence the reliance on Futbin solutions, hence the prices. 

PS - if anyone is doing this SBC, just buy discard rare golds, much easier.

This is my weekend league team, thinking about picking up CL Vidal when his price is lowest tonight, looks a good addition for my last 10 games. 

Tonali is a great box to box midfielder, would need a massive Milan turnaround for him to get boosted though. 

1AB383D7-76F2-4BDA-B91C-F0277233B4D6.jpeg

3 hours ago, carlospie said:

How do you find sterling? He does nothing for me.

He's brilliant. His custom animations mean he glides past challenges and his passing and finishing stats are high enough for him to make a difference. 

11 hours ago, kthxbliz said:

My plan is to buy 100. I’ll cash in on half of those when he hits 25k to get my original investment back. 

How do you buy 100 of anything? Can’t have duplicates in the club, transfer targets can only be 50 and once you’ve got a few in unassigned it stops you from buying any more. Only option would be to clog up your transfer list, wouldn’t it?

6 minutes ago, klargon said:

How do you buy 100 of anything? Can’t have duplicates in the club, transfer targets can only be 50 and once you’ve got a few in unassigned it stops you from buying any more. Only option would be to clog up your transfer list, wouldn’t it?

ive put 99 on my transfer list plus one in my club. 

I run two accounts anyway so it’s not a big strain for me tbh.

ive went unassigned in the past, but I don’t remember if there was a limit. I hated it though, I love opening packs lol. And given the time-frame for this investment, no way am I going unassigned for 6 weeks or whatever. 

For someone who wants to save packs long-term, it can be a good strategy to go unassigned. I know people who save for weeks collecting up their packs for TOTY or whatever. Guess being unassigned might help enforce some discipline for that purpose.

9 hours ago, gooner4life said:

The rest of the rewards were awful in fairness 

I say this from a place of genuine respect and affection... Mate if you can't be over the moon with a 750k pull then you should find a different hobby cos there's simply no joy for you in Fifa.

9 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

I've done unassigned many times in the past when I've saved packs for a big event.

I once streamed a 150+ pack opening here.

Take it from me, it's never worth it.

I remember the mass pack openings, quite a few of us did it, the results were very underwhelming. 

I won 12k fifa points in a twitter competition and agreed to open the lot in one go. Again, nothing that was incredible out of it 😶

12 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

I say this from a place of genuine respect and affection... Mate if you can't be over the moon with a 750k pull then you should find a different hobby cos there's simply no joy for you in Fifa.

I was over the moon with it dude, I was just trying to make Timmo feel better.

Is that Mane card tradeable? Or is it just the fact that the card with an equivalent value (if tradeable) of 750k gets nothing more than a 😐 from Gooner?

I just (finally) completed the League Hybrid SBC set and after getting nothing all the way through packed Pogba in my last pack opening with a Rare Player Pack. That’s just fucking magic. Straight into the Prem team he goes!

8 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Actually on that point. Anyone played with Pogba and Fernandes got a view on who is better as a fairly dynamic CM rather than a CAM?

Nice pull! Sorry to say but Pogba is dogshit this year. Slow, clunky, and his passing doesn’t make up for that. I’d personally sell up (he’s around 115k) and buy someone better.

I've played 6 games with my new team, and although I wasn't too sure on Litmanen early on, he's got 6 goals and 6 assists, and I've grown to love him. He always seems to be in the right position. David next to him is absurd as well, it's harder to track his stats accurately because I'd used him off the bench 14 times and he will have scored 2 or 3 from that, but if you can fit him in, he comes highly recommended. The 5 star weak foot on him is very nice.

43 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

@carlospie, I think it was you who was after Lozano. Buy him now if you haven't, I've been tracking this week's TOTW players and he's starting to pick back up now.

Not me. I heard he's the best serie A left wing though. 

Depay is a funny player. Sometimes unreal, sometimes anonymous. Vs AI he's an animal. 

1 minute ago, carlospie said:

Not me. I heard he's the best serie A left wing though. 

Depay is a funny player. Sometimes unreal, sometimes anonymous. Vs AI he's an animal. 

I've just gone back, it was @AlfromSleep. Go buy Lozano if you haven't, the price is trending up now.