IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

39 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I've just gone back, it was @AlfromSleep. Go buy Lozano if you haven't, the price is trending up now.

Id already picked him up to use in the weekend league but it’s handy to know when the prices drop and rise for TOTW players. 

Got rank 3, the push for 2 proved to much for me. Best red was Bastoni, who I subsequently packed in the tradeable TOTW pack. Main thing is the 1500 qualifying points so no need to grind rivals this week other than to get the rewards. 

Did Fekir. Got Dybala and Dias in the packs, so at least it ends up a bit discounted. Got Fernandes in the squad battles rewards. He seems to have dropped a bit since I last looked, but the coin will still come in handy.

1 hour ago, klargon said:

Did Fekir. Got Dybala and Dias in the packs, so at least it ends up a bit discounted. Got Fernandes in the squad battles rewards. He seems to have dropped a bit since I last looked, but the coin will still come in handy.

How's fekir? He would go nicely in my team. I need 100k though....

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

I'm rocking this now. Very fun. Not sure depay will cut it into higher divs.

Screenshot_2021-10-17-15-15-01-539_com.android.chrome.jpg

Looking good. Depay’s fine if you can work around that weak foot. It pissed me off eventually, but otherwise, nice card. 

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

Thinking of doing De Ligt so I can run a Cuadrado Dybala triangle...

De Ligt has been a massive upgrade on Skriniar for my team, his passing and composure are excellent for a CB. 

Ive added CL Vidal to my starting 11 ahead of Kessie, both him and Tonali can defend and attack so gives me good options. 

14 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Looking good. Depay’s fine if you can work around that weak foot. It pissed me off eventually, but otherwise, nice card. 

Could you think of any better upgrade? Iv got 35k. The rat king Ben yedder or benzema?

5 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Could you think of any better upgrade? Iv got 35k. The rat king Ben yedder or benzema?

i would personally use Ben Yedder. 

Better attacking stats, plus 5*WF is worth its weight in gold.

Depay has 5* skills vs Yedder’s 4*, but unless you’re spamming elastico’s, you’ll never notice. 

Yedder has seen his supply increase a lot this weekend and is somewhere just over half the price he was on Thursday - represents even better value now.

I've not used Ben Yedder, but having used Jonathan David who has similar stats and 5* weak foot, I'd give him a go if you can get him in. You'd need a French LW then though - Coman is very good if you can afford him.

This is what I have been using for the last week or so. I acquired Modric and Casemiro untradeable over the weekend so considering some changes to bring them in and then have Dembele at LW, who appears to be the only player I would need that is a relatively high cost. Anyone got him or played with him to know if he is worth the shake up?

04171326-172E-426D-88AE-A0DE56B9B329.thumb.jpeg.bd9aecc0668769b9c2004f5bf2e459fc.jpeg

Mixed up my team this weekend and utterly blew into division 6, then freight-trained my way straight through to division 5, winning every game - and all bar one of them by three goals.

I'm unstoppable, I'm unbeatable and all your mums want to snog me.

This is what too much time and 180k burning a hole in your pocket gets you. Went for the Fekir SBC and Militao appeared in one of the packs so had to make a few more changes than originally intended but this looks lots of fun.

Firmino clearly the weak link at the moment so will figure something out to upgrade him at some point.

A5DD7516-2F00-415B-B90D-60E31CCB3B7C.thumb.jpeg.3733382a7791be08121628d70a8a478d.jpeg

Tell you what, Manafa's new card has a hyperlink with Pepe and they're both brilliant cards, both close to discard. I used them this evening and both were among the best I've used in their positions.

22 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

This is what too much time and 180k burning a hole in your pocket gets you. Went for the Fekir SBC and Militao appeared in one of the packs so had to make a few more changes than originally intended but this looks lots of fun.

Firmino clearly the weak link at the moment so will figure something out to upgrade him at some point.

A5DD7516-2F00-415B-B90D-60E31CCB3B7C.thumb.jpeg.3733382a7791be08121628d70a8a478d.jpeg

Nice team. I really like Firmino, and his TOTW this week definitely interests me, price dependant. 

Screenshot_20211018-081709.thumb.png.b2e13e94111ec12ac4c379a09125df31.png

Here's my current lot. I start with 433(2) in-game with Grealish alongside De Jong in the CM roles.

Can also be switched to 4321, and when chasing a game, the 3421 with Grealish at LF with a False 9 instruction.

There's some obvious upgrades at some point - Lenglet at 700 coins was perfectly good in divs 7&6 but given how I've not seen a single other player use him suggests he may not cut it much longer.

And while Jesus can finish everyone's dinner, his pace and passing are noticeable weak spots.

Alaba is all manner of phenomenon though.

There seems to be no logic in the ebb and flow of TOTW player prices right now. What was a definite pattern of buying the weekend they are in packs and selling 2 weeks later at a higher price looks to have gone to shit - the Jonathan David and Foden cards I bought last week are at a significantly lower price a week later, and the Depay and Raphinha cards I bought on Saturday night have already fallen again. I'm starting to think my investment strategy has failed already. I'll stay the course with the cards I already have, and assess the damage when it comes time to sell them next Tuesday as per my original strategy, but I'm thinking that the only cards safe from dropping right now are elite gold cards and icons.

In less negative news, I'm already qualified for weekend league again, so I'll at least get a couple more red cards from that.

This week's TotW has a huge supply - due to the no loss Glitch loads more players have better rewards than they would have normal.

Plus EA flung out the promo packs last week like they were confetti, AND because it was such a belter of a TotW, with also these new Road to the Knockout cards being in packs, loads of people went ham on pack opening.

2 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Here's my current lot. I start with 433(2) in-game with Grealish alongside De Jong in the CM roles.

Can also be switched to 4321, and when chasing a game, the 3421 with Grealish at LF with a False 9 instruction.

There's some obvious upgrades at some point - Lenglet at 700 coins was perfectly good in divs 7&6 but given how I've not seen a single other player use him suggests he may not cut it much longer.

And while Jesus can finish everyone's dinner, his pace and passing are noticeable weak spots.

Not bad at all, think you are going to have to help me with a hybrid team :D

My current team -

image.thumb.png.a3e6998e94797561192837dbe0d7679c.png

I could do with a bit more pace on the right for Mahrez I think, was contemplating Perreira at RB and maybe look at improving the midfield then, I have Vardy on the bench who I swap in and out with Jesus. That said I struggle to make the funds needed for the top players.

2 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Screenshot_20211018-081709.thumb.png.b2e13e94111ec12ac4c379a09125df31.png

Kounde for Lenglet and then switch him and Alaba positions.

Catalyst chemistry on Jesus will address both your complaints. 

TOTW Touchameni for Valverde will fix the chemistry on Yedder and similar player to Valverde. 

My biggest issue is the huge difference between the cost of the desirable strikers like CR7 and Mbappe, and everyone else. I tried Isak at the weekend but his shooting wasn't nearly as good as I'd hoped. We need some more players on the market who match the stats of the best players if not the body type and traits.

7 minutes ago, Timmo said:

My biggest issue is the huge difference between the cost of the desirable strikers line CR7 and Mbappe, and everyone else. I tried Isak at the weekend but his shooting wasn't nearly as good as I'd hoped. We need some more players on the market who match the stats of the best players if not the body type and traits.

You’re right, man. But I remember this always being the case for the first month or two. 

Even excluding the top-end big four cards, the mid-bracket is expensive. 

Son, Mane, Salah, IF Jesus, IF Vin icius.

I’ve just bought RTTKO Alex Tiexera because he’s dirt cheap and his gold card was a baller last year. Also IF Talisca is good for 11k. He’s no Mbappe, mind you. 

2 hours ago, Luseth said:

Not bad at all, think you are going to have to help me with a hybrid team :D

My current team -

image.thumb.png.a3e6998e94797561192837dbe0d7679c.png

I could do with a bit more pace on the right for Mahrez I think, was contemplating Perreira at RB and maybe look at improving the midfield then, I have Vardy on the bench who I swap in and out with Jesus. That said I struggle to make the funds needed for the top players.

A Hybrid you say?

Capture.thumb.JPG.1cc5fd2b16193b74abc3949d64a64572.JPG

12,700 coins, not including the coins you'll make selling the players you have.