IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

I have played 2 games with him in the 4-4-2 diamond after packing him untradeable. He has been... uninspiring but players around him have benefited with more space, changes and goals.

RTTK Fekir in the CAM of the diamond is lovely.

I swapped Ederson for Alisson, not used him in a game yet but he seems to be one of, if not the best keepers this year. 

If Isak continues to prove disappointing I’m going to switch to this…

F85B3A10-80A3-4BFA-823D-75DC3541498C.thumb.jpeg.3d63bc0bbe138a402f9e4e0b5dde2efc.jpeg

Change to 4-3-2-1 in game with Casemiro CDM.

And just as quick as I was in, I am out.

Every game against a flashback benzo. Or icon. Or ninety nine percent of the teams are french.

This has become FIFA pay to win entirely. Going to stop wasting my time with it now. It's not actually even fun.

Plus I'm shit. Three failed weekend league qualifications in a row. So much time wasted.

11 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Every game against a flashback benzo. Or icon. This has become FIFA pay to win entirely. Going to stop wasting my time with it now. 

Just slow down how you're playing, concentrate on learning to defend first, find tactics and a formation that keeps you solid, then work on trying to add goals to it.

I bought Isak before waiting on an answer, he's not very good. He can run and he can shoot, but he takes forever to take control of the ball and he can't create any space once he has it. My front 3 was Fekir at CAM, Suarez and Depay at ST, I'm not massively enamoured with any of them. I might try Griezmann at CAM, Fekir and Ben Yedder at ST for a bit, I can accomplish that at full chemistry, and it would be much cheaper to boot.

5-3 so far on Champs, I feel like I was only outclassed in one of the losses however, so hopefully with a change of strikers I can push on to 12 wins.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Every game against a flashback benzo. Or icon. This has become FIFA pay to win entirely. Going to stop wasting my time with it now. 

I've dropped POTM Benzema! Feel like Fekir, Ben Yedder and Griezmann suit me better.

11 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Hearing a lot of good things about Griezmann is he quick enough?

He's one of those players who still feels great with Hunter, so his pace becomes 90/90. Dybala is another. I bought the otw because he's already very, very good and with one or two upgrades will be amazing. Currently play him at RM but he can play anywhere in attack. 

He also has what people call 'sticky' where he keeps the ball sometimes despite having no right to. 

6 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

I'm guessing reading this thread that you all think Fekir is worth it?

I'm really enjoying him but remember that these cards aren't like OTW and that they will take over 50 days to get their first upgrade. I only did him because I had shitloads of duplicates, but he's better than I expected and I certainly prefer him to Big Fat Benz.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Every game against a flashback benzo. Or icon. Or ninety nine percent of the teams are french.

This has become FIFA pay to win entirely. Going to stop wasting my time with it now. It's not actually even fun.

Plus I'm shit. Three failed weekend league qualifications in a row. So much time wasted.

I've done two qualifiers and lost them both (3wins in each).  I've not found it 'play to win' to be honest ive just found a lot of what I used to call 'the Friday night cunt fest' that was in previous Weekend leagues.  So really good, annoying players with decent teams.  I have also smashed a few teams too and not spent a penny on it.

What's with the lag issues though, I had none in 21 and I get loads in this.

17 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Hearing a lot of good things about Griezmann is he quick enough?

I've only used him at CAM and CM with an engine, but he's been fine. Nothing spectacular, but I never find myself cursing him, either.

I've just played a game with my Griezmann, Ben Yedder and Fekir traingle - a goal each for the strikers, with Griezmann assisting one, leading to a 60th minute rage quit. More importantly, each of them feels good on the ball, unlike that big useless fuck Isak.

49 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

I read that as score a hat-trick in 3 Squad Battles games. So a hat-trick in a game three times. 3 games 9 goals. 3 goals per game. Silver player :)

Just completed it, you just need to score 3 goals in a match. Got nothing from the packs but 84's SBC fodder

17 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I've only used him at CAM and CM with an engine, but he's been fine. Nothing spectacular, but I never find myself cursing him, either.

I've just played a game with my Griezmann, Ben Yedder and Fekir traingle - a goal each for the strikers, with Griezmann assisting one, leading to a 60th minute rage quit. More importantly, each of them feels good on the ball, unlike that big useless fuck Isak.

I played 1 champs game, Fekir had a 34 minute hattrick as striker and Dembele and Vinicius should have both had 2 each from his through balls, he feels amazing

24 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I'm really enjoying him but remember that these cards aren't like OTW and that they will take over 50 days to get their first upgrade. I only did him because I had shitloads of duplicates, but he's better than I expected and I certainly prefer him to Big Fat Benz.

They will take over 50 days, but he is a 90 rated striker with a hawk 

2 draws in 2 games. Pogba with 2 goals. Feels much better but I am still unbelievably inconsistent when it comes to defending, otherwise things feels as good as they could be given my ability and time with the game.

4 hours ago, carlospie said:

You’re in Div 3, right? 

It must be a mental block, man, Div 3 player is for sure good enough to qualify.

3 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

I'm guessing reading this thread that you all think Fekir is worth it?

Seems to cause me enough problems that I notice his presence when I play against him.

i much prefer not to use a left-footed player unless 5* WF tbh but I am still contemplating doing him Tbh. I did use his gold card and found his weak foot pretty good. 

15 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

You’re in Div 3, right? 

It must be a mental block, man, Div 3 player is for sure good enough to qualify.

Yeh div three. I'm just not good enough! I get a few wins for qualifications then end up doing shit. 

1 minute ago, carlospie said:

Yeh div three. I'm just not good enough! I get a few wins for qualifications then end up doing shit. 

I'm in division 5 and managed 3 wins.  It so reminds me of FIFA 20 Weekender which I found a battle nearly every game.  How I got round that, and what I will try next time is to play a slower, calmer game. I've got so used to trying to blitz teams in the first 20 minutes which is how I played FIFA 21, that I need to physically stop myself doing that. 

Don't give up yet, you'll find a way, maybe a conservative 4-4-2 will help.

6 minutes ago, carlospie said:

i understand there is definitely a real level of pressure in qualifying when you know the margins for error are so slim. 

But it’s important to find a way to place with enough freedom to give yourself a chance to play at your best. 

as far as opponents team, honestly, I barely even look. I don’t care. I’ve smacked great teams and I’ve lost to players using discard rare-golds like Joao Felix. 

Actually, last week, I qualified with a 75k cheap-ass La Liga team. I had faith in the team, but I could’ve made my life easier with a stronger team. However, it became irrelevant when I wasn’t even paying attention to my opponents team. So I’d recommend to look away from the screen as it loads the match up. 

also, if you lose your first 2-3 qualifiers, don’t be disheartened, as I am sure the matchmaking is form-based, and you might find at 0-3 the opponents are easier. 

As a minimum, finish all 8 matches, you might learn something about what you need to change next time but remember you get a few packs even for 9 defeats in qualifying.

I actually got in to foot champs last week and got two red cards!!

Failed three times this week. I have beast fekir so going to try a nice solid 41212 with LM and RM. 

Thanks for all the advice, going to work on slowing it all down. 

I managed 12 wins this week, I had to win my last game but I did it. I've scrapped my team, for the hundredth fucking time already, to go 433 for the next week. I've only played 352 since the patch, and I want to see how things are shaking out with a wider attack. This is what I've come up with, with Tchouameni and Griezmann swapping positions, although I've just packed an untradeable Ferland Mendy, so he will probably go in instead of that left back.

Now, once I sell out of my other stuff, I'll be sat on about 300k and I have a few options. First, I could just go and buy Barnes like I was going to last week and drop him in for Griezmann. Second, I could drop Fekir to CM in place of Griezmann and drop a cheap Icon up top. Third, I could swap Tchouie for Goretzka, the LB for Alphonso Davies, then swap the CBs and GK for Ramos, Kimpembe and Donarumma. Or I could just swap my CBs and keeper, as above, and just sit on about 200k until next week. That last one is definitely what I should do, but tell me, what would you do?

Screenshot_20211022-204741_Companion.jpg