IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

I would take the last option, and here's why. You're about to embark on a very drastic formation change, and experience of how some of the players play will help you determine if the new system is for you.

With the rate that EA are pumping out promo cards, and trashing the golds market, there's a strong chance that 200k will be worth much more 'in relative terms' in a fortnight.

Try some new ways of playing, find your style, the build the team.

I've noticed that sometimes in my build up I'm looking for an extra striker that isn't there. So have built this 4222 to see how I fare.

PSX_20211023_094015.thumb.jpg.f73641a87c13b395a9d869ecacb96106.jpg

442 is great obviously, but I like my players closer together, especially when facing 'press after possession loss' which a lot of opponents seem to be running. 

Will start with Ben Yedder on Get in Behind and Fekir on balanced. 

Fekir, De Bruyne and Sterling all being on the same side is through design, as I'm intrigued to see if I can create overloads by being 'playmaker heavy'. (This is a trick I've nicked straight from Football Manager.)

There's a good looking Politano SBC up, I've managed to do it with untradeable shite from the club, except for the RTTK card it requires which I'll use Kruse for once I do the objectives - that card looks garbage anyway. Politano looks like a good player, but if it gets an upgrade (or maybe even two), it could be pretty bonkers.

54 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

There's a good looking Politano SBC up, I've managed to do it with untradeable shite from the club, except for the RTTK card it requires which I'll use Kruse for once I do the objectives - that card looks garbage anyway. Politano looks like a good player, but if it gets an upgrade (or maybe even two), it could be pretty bonkers.

Good competition for Felipe Anderson for the RM spot in my team, I also only needed to buy a RTTK to complete it. 

33 minutes ago, klargon said:

Got Navas RTTK Navas in the squad battles packs. Will risk holding onto him in the hope that they pick up their champions league campaign a bit

Congrats. I've just upgraded to it from the TOTW version, I can't see me moving to another RB any time soon. It cost me about 60k to do it, and there's a good chance it won't get upgraded, but it's still a great card.

I got Amavi RTTK in my packs, I wonder if squad battles packs are somehow weighted differently to chuck out better players?

I too am enjoying the 4222, but I definitely need two or three other tactics to change things up when their not working. 

Went 4-5 in my Qualifying yesterday, which I'll take as encouraging rather than gutting. Only once was I seriously outclassed, and 2 or three of the losses I could easily have turned into wins with a less unlucky bounce or better finishing. Two of my wins were first half rage quite too.

Fekir is aces.

After seeing runthefutmarket call him the 'Cheap Mbappe', and after someone scored a hat trick with him against me despite me having 70% of the ball, I went for Inaki Williams and he's been the most fun card I've used this year. An absolute menace, especially on those chipped through balls. I've also introduced chipped balls from deep to my striker (great against parked buses - watch Boras's latest video, 21 tips) which he's great at winning. I'm sure I'll tire of his 2* weak foot but it's been surprisingly not too bad.

We've had player pick SBCs the last couple of Mondays, and gold common cards have gone up both times. Last week, CAMs and Strikers were going for 950 coins, and most others were going for 700.

No guarantee of the positions (or even if the SBC will land again), but if you feel like it, it's no risk to pick up a few cards on bid for 350 coins.

Best case - you make 500 coins a card. Worst case, you sell for max bid 400 coins and make 30 coins a card.

3 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

We've had player pick SBCs the last couple of Mondays, and gold common cards have gone up both times. Last week, CAMs and Strikers were going for 950 coins, and most others were going for 700.

No guarantee of the positions (or even if the SBC will land again), but if you feel like it, it's no risk to pick up a few cards on bid for 350 coins.

Best case - you make 500 coins a card. Worst case, you sell for max bid 400 coins and make 30 coins a card.

I've nowhere else to put my coins, so I'll give this a crack. I had been doing the mass bidding thing and flipping them for 150 profit (before tax), but it's a lot of work for not much profit.

Reading that back - that sounds way more antagonistic than I meant it to be! 

Obviously more coins are good, but they're just made up digits which get us better players in one game mode on Fifa.

And also shit songs that play when someone scores a goal. I mean, who's idea was it to put that in.

Monday champs playoffs went well, 5 wins with two games to spare so just gifted them to my last two opponents. Casteels was the best of the players in the packs, always disappointing to get the likes of that from a walkout animation. 

Politano in his current form wasn’t noticeably better than Felipe Anderson IF, hopefully Napoli progress in the Europa to get him boosts. Tonali will stay as he is but I’m fairly confident Vidal will be going up in rating with Inter. 

21 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I wonder if squad battles packs are somehow weighted differently to chuck out better players?

I got Immobile (87) from a gold pack which was the only pack squad battles gave me.  I'd say they were definitely chucking out better players.

29 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

@Timmois that the one where Boras used his target man striker to flick on the ball to a teammate in space? Looks really effective but not sure how my smaller forwards will be able to use it so will see how it goes. 

Yes, works great with a Benzema or Inaki type forward when your opponent has 400 defenders in his box. 

7 hours ago, Timmo said:

After seeing runthefutmarket call him the 'Cheap Mbappe', and after someone scored a hat trick with him against me despite me having 70% of the ball, I went for Inaki Williams and he's been the most fun card I've used this year. An absolute menace, especially on those chipped through balls. I've also introduced chipped balls from deep to my striker (great against parked buses - watch Boras's latest video, 21 tips) which he's great at winning. I'm sure I'll tire of his 2* weak foot but it's been surprisingly not too bad.

I watched that video, or one of his videos at any rate, and whilst I can't get the lofted through balls to be effective - maybe it only works with target men in a 2 striker formation - I have come away realising I need to make more use of L1 and R1 to dictate attacking runs, even if it is absurdly difficult to get the right player to make the run. I'm very much a pass and move type of player, so it's something I should try to nail down.

He mentions the L1 plus fake shot, which looks fine, but I can't get the hang of it. I used to make use of the normal fake shot in previous versions, but they've added an extra frame or two to the animation which makes it near useless. As for any other skill moves, I've never been a stick waggler, and I can't see that changing now.

6 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Rewards were absolutely terrible,

Reds - Ndombele, Ogbonna and Pedro Santos.

TOTW's - Ilicic, Rabihic and Mitoma.

Absolutely nothing in the packs.

To be fair, team of the week was honking! I don't think a good pack/pick was possible.