IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

8 minutes ago, klargon said:

Upamecano OTW was up to over 180k before TOTW was announced, then he was in it, now he can be picked up for under 145. I don’t understand the market sometimes!

When the TOTW drops, everyone tries to sell their hyped up OTW cards at the same time, leading to the undercutting and panic selling as lost of people have the cards that don't actually want them. Always, always sell into the hype.

It's all 'investors'. Youtubers/TikTok/Patreon traders all say 'Hey Upmancano will get in TotW! His OTW will go up cos everyone will buy him!'.

Then all their followers buy him, pushing the price up. Then he gets confirmed and everyone lists him, flooding the market with supply. And then they all start undercutting each other, and he drops.

8 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Remember not to open your rewards yet. EA cunts took RTTF out of packs last night and there's a new promotion tomorrow, Rulebreakers.

I opened mine, my rewards for being Elite were significantly less than Elite. An 81 CB from Napoli as my TOTW player pick, Dembele, Lukaku and Lloris in my pack. Dembele is fine, I swapped him with the one I already had so I have a first owned one now, but the prices on Lukaku and Lloris are shockingly low. I've kept both for now, I'm hoping a decent SBC comes along and pushes their prices up.

29 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Won two out of ten. Got smashed. Seems it's all about doing shitty dribbling now to get near six yard Box then just hammering in an unsaveable shot with Fekir. Every. Single. Game 

i hear your frustrations. The game to me much more resembles Fifa 20 than Fifa 21. Personally, I much preferred 21 to to 20.  

See all this price dropping and some of the worlds best players (even some of the current best and most meta players in the game) plummeting in price, what is the true 'gain' in terms of player performance? When you can get a striker or winger having the key pace and shooting stats up to 99 with a Hunter card there surely isnt that much difference new cards can make?

Its something I've never understood and why I never end up going bonkers for marginal upgrades on players (I will use Larsson as my striker for my entire time on FIFA22) so what is the actual difference if there isnt something going on behind the scenes to make these initially top tier players almost redundant after a few weeks?

Good discussion point to distract us until we are allowed to open our packs :) 

48 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

See all this price dropping and some of the worlds best players (even some of the current best and most meta players in the game) plummeting in price, what is the true 'gain' in terms of player performance? When you can get a striker or winger having the key pace and shooting stats up to 99 with a Hunter card there surely isnt that much difference new cards can make?

Its something I've never understood and why I never end up going bonkers for marginal upgrades on players (I will use Larsson as my striker for my entire time on FIFA22) so what is the actual difference if there isnt something going on behind the scenes to make these initially top tier players almost redundant after a few weeks?

Good discussion point to distract us until we are allowed to open our packs :) 

There’s a lot of truth in what you’re saying but the little stat boosts all add up, and suddenly your passing becomes crisper on the whole and ball retention is easier because your centre backs are really good on the ball.

The main issue with putting a hunter on a card is that their dribbling isn’t boosted. A card with very high agility, balance, ball control, dribbling etc (and taking into account body types etc) will feel a lot better than one with lower stats. Whilst 85 might sound high for a stat, 95 is big upgrade. And 99 pace is a lot faster than 90. Then there’s passing, 95 short passing is a lot more reliable than 85. As the year goes on you start to get cards who have 90s everywhere and the game becomes less chaotic and more and more videogamey and clinical. It’s definitely for the worse but that’s just Ultimate Team for you. This is the best time of the year, when you experiment with cards and get super flawed but interesting cards like Inaki’s Recordbreaker, which force you to really play to their strengths.

I really want to still be playing when it gets to the TOTY / TOTS stage as I have never been able to get those kind of players into a team, but I agree this point up until about Christmas is definitely the sweet spot where there is loads of room for improvement with top players and live upgrades making things really interesting.

I was really enjoying the freedom to try lots of different cards, checking out how one card can play compared to another in the same position, and how you should adjust your play accordingly. Also how you can tweak your tactics for the strengths of said players, something Fifa has never really done well in the past.

I say 'was', because while I'm currently holding my own, division 4 is really testing the limits of my skill. And I really can't afford to be carrying any players who aren't top level any more. Case in point - I had Luke Shaw as my LB and Jesus as my ST in an otherwise excellent team last night for objective purposes.

And they were noticeably simply not up to the quality needed to compete. Jesus is a very competent striker, but in those games he felt a million miles away from Griezmann whom I drafted in to stop the rot.

I tried using a target man up top with IF Osimhen then Ilicic, neither of whom did very much for me, but since starting to use Milito I’m making good progress. 15 goals in 11 games and means that high balls and crosses are now viable. While not really agile like Dybala, his strength and control is ideal for bringing others into play. 

As mentioned by @Timmothe other day, the most recent Boraslegend YouTube tutorial is very useful, worth watching as I’ve improved since trying some of it. https://youtu.be/98MtYt-bbT4

6 minutes ago, klargon said:

Tchouameni IF had a price range update, so I decided to get rid of the one I no longer use. About a 26k profit. Seems to still be climbing, though. I didn’t really think he was that special…

I love my red one, looking at the stats he shouldn't be so good but there's just something about him.

@MardiganX's talk of marginal gains earlier, plus the shiny first owner Dembele I got this morning, has led me to realise that if I was to sell my Marquinhos and Donnarumma, swapping them for my untradeable Ramos and Navas, I could start whittling down the milestone for 100 wins with 7 first owned players, and be sat on about 400k to fuck about with icons in the other 4 positions.

The only thing stopping me is the fear that, actually, there's a reason Marquinhos and Donna cost significantly more than Ramos and Navas. I also don't think any affordable icons would prove more effective than Llorente, Navas, Coman or Kimpembe, who would be my 4 remaining tradeable cards. It's a nice problem to have, I guess.

Division 4 is weird. I'm assuming there's the odd payer who's started late and is still rising, because I rack up a couple of wins, have a really even game, or very tightly lose in a game where I can see my mistakes.

Then there's been the two occasions I have been utterly spanked and the 5-1 scorelines were flattering to me. 

These players pressing has been something to aspire to.

5 hours ago, klargon said:

Tchouameni IF had a price range update, so I decided to get rid of the one I no longer use. About a 26k profit. Seems to still be climbing, though. I didn’t really think he was that special…

Wondered why mine insta sold for 29k earlier....

Actually got some juicy packs saved up for later:

Premium Gold Pack
Two Rare Gold Players Pack
Mixed Players
Small Prime Mixed Players Pack
Small Rare Mixed Players Pack
Premium Mixed Players Pack
Small Electrum Players
Electrum Players Pack
Jumbo Premium Gold Pack
Premium Gold Players Pack
Premium Gold Players Pack
Rare Players Pack
Rare Players Pack
Jumbo Rare Players Pack
Jumbo Rare Players Pack
Jumbo Rare Players Pack

83 Icardi here I come.

I generally price them a bit above market rate, rather than trying to just shift them quickly. They usually still go. There doesn’t seem to be much point trying to keep them around for too long, as you’re just clogging up valuable transfer slots.

I have 18 packs. Two short of your haul @Timmo.

I thought I had 21, but then I realised I wouldn't be packing a Rulebreaker card from a 'Lawnmower Pitch Patterns' Pack.

1 hour ago, AlfromSleep said:

I currently have 70 duplicate players (nothing rated above two cheap 83s) sitting in my transfer list. Do others let this build up for SBCs/if they become worth something or just sell them? 

I tend keep big CL club cards (Bayern, Barca, Man City, etc) as CL marquee Matchups can cause a big spike in price, and sell everything else.
But given the pack supply this year, I'm not sure of the value of keeping those to be honest.