Ultimate Team

Timmo

Here's my team. I swap to a 3 5 2 in game with el Shar and Politano up front, ilicic at cam. I nicked if off someone who destroyed me in fut champs. El Shar handles like a double decker bus with cement filled tyres but scores some bangers now and again. 

I put Vidal at cb. Saving for his blue card it makes an insane CB. 

Screenshot_2021-10-30-11-01-19-300_com.android.chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, carlospie said:

Here's my team. I swap to a 3 5 2 in game with el Shar and Politano up front, ilicic at cam. I nicked if off someone who destroyed me in fut champs. El Shar handles like a double decker bus with cement filled tyres but scores some bangers now and again. 

I put Vidal at cb. Saving for his blue card it makes an insane CB. 

Screenshot_2021-10-30-11-01-19-300_com.android.chrome.jpg

Are you on old gen or new gen?

and when you say handles like a bus with cement in his boots.. are you talking about El Shawrawy or Ilicic???

5 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Are you on old gen or new gen?

and when you say handles like a bus with cement in his boots.. are you talking about El Shawrawy or Ilicic???

El Shaarawy has lean body type and 99 agility, he's the opposite of a bus. 

18 minutes ago, Timmo said:

El Shaarawy has lean body type and 99 agility, he's the opposite of a bus. 

Exactly what I was thinking so that’s why I asked for clarification since it was maybe just a typo! I fully expect that Ilicic is more likely to feel like a bus given his height / body type and less than stellar agility stats. 

18 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Exactly what I was thinking so that’s why I asked for clarification since it was maybe just a typo! I fully expect that Ilicic is more likely to feel like a bus given his height / body type and less than stellar agility stats. 

El Shar feels like led. Might have wrong chem on him. He's a fun player though just feels weird. He's Definitely no Dybala on the ball! 

Illicic is like a battering ram. 

On that note, what is best chem for my squad? I normally just put hunter or shadow on everyone!

6 minutes ago, klargon said:

Anyone ever experiment with different cameras? I’m trying to adjust to the co-op camera. Lets you see quite a bit more of the pitch

Been using Co-op since last year. Took a bit of getting used to but it’s brilliant, especially this year, the ability to see more of the pitch is very advantageous. I still out of habit look at the radar but the combination of the two is very useful. Only slight drawback is it does make dribbling and tackling a little harder in some ways, but that can be overcome with practice. 

Definitely could not go back to some of the more traditional cameras which are closer to the pitch. 

4 hours ago, Steely said:

Screenshot_20211030-121201_Companion.thumb.jpg.1bf2a4dce98058fcac15b2171ae37434.jpg

My team at the minute. I can't see past Calcio at the moment.

is Polanto worth doing before he expires?

I’ve found IF Felipe Anderson to be better than Politano, for now. Any upgrades to him will make him better though. 

This is my current team. Good options on the bench to bring on if needed. While only having one CDM, I run Anderson and Lozano into the ground tracking back before putting on replacements in middle with a tactics change or just like for like. 

88CC8270-8121-47E3-99E7-1973230DF625.jpeg

03A76832-77B1-4150-BC2C-1B531FCAC7F5.jpeg

New team time, I've invested all my Kante money. I'm liking Barnes and Veron, both are good on the ball, but have the physicality to not get bullied off it. Mane's good too, not 230k good, but that's the price you pay for incremental improvements I guess.

Screenshot_20211030-195602_Companion.jpg

Neymar is the best gold I have used.  I like him better than mbappe. I rate them neymar, mbappe, Di natale, cr7.  I haven't used Messi.  The best way to describe neymar is a better dembele, he is more agile and is a reliable finisher.  

4 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Servers / connection appalling today. So frustrating to feel as though you can only play off-peak times otherwise it feels like a totally different game.

I had this last night and it was horrible. Ended up on Squad Battles for 2 hours hoping things would get better but no, just shite connections in every Rivals games and actually booted out of UT all together several times.

Talking about mariginal gains. Does anyone use Alaba or Kounde at CB? I have Militao at the moment and he is good enough but looking at options for a minor upgrade. Could afford Alaba’s OTW if I stretch things and swap Alison for Courtois, but feels a little like it would be change for the sake of it.

19 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

I had this last night and it was horrible. Ended up on Squad Battles for 2 hours hoping things would get better but no, just shite connections in every Rivals games and actually booted out of UT all together several times.

Talking about mariginal gains. Does anyone use Alaba or Kounde at CB? I have Militao at the moment and he is good enough but looking at options for a minor upgrade. Could afford Alaba’s OTW if I stretch things and swap Alison for Courtois, but feels a little like it would be change for the sake of it.

I haven't used Alaba since his upgrade, but I've used all 3 extensively, and they're all of a similar quality. Unless you need to swap them out for links, I wouldn't bother.

20 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Militao with Anchor has great stats all round, the only time he lets me down is with left foot passing, and that's a small one. There's no need to upgrade him for the foreseeable.

As for Alaba and Kounde, Kounde felt weak to me but I never get that with Alaba, his physicals feel above his stats. Everything else is as silky as you'd expect, looking at his stats. Can't see his OTW leaving my team any time soon. 

28 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Alaba is great, but I’d probably want to pair him with someone taller, and not have both him and Kounde, as both under 6ft. 

86 Alaba definitely an upgrade on both IMO, having used them all extensively.

6 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

Third time lucky and I finally qualify for Champions Weekender!

4th time for me, but I’m finally there! Nkunku has been interesting. You don’t generally notice him, but his passing is as reliable as you’d hope, and he grabs an occasional goal. He’s probably not worth the cost, but I’m also sort of glad he’s in my team